Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 08:07 AM

770 posts, read 1,131,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lybricks View Post
White America took savagery to the extreme. Take responsibility for your actions. You're still reaping the benefits of them.

Yes, and no doubt my Italian ancestors are owed reparations from the Carthaginans and my Irish forebears are owed by the British. Can you help me get the $$ back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 08:17 AM

267 posts, read 202,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lybricks View Post
White America took savagery to the extreme. Take responsibility for your actions. You're still reaping the benefits of them.
They can't its not apart of their nature, you think the same people who rape our women, men, and children will admit their wrongs? No, the people who practiced overt Jim crow laws and lynchings are grandparents now they've raised their children to smile and bite, like the so called liberals in the political system. No don't expect an apology from these people, the same ones who project their lowly existence onto out people and continue in the subtle practice of our extermination. This isn't the time for apologies my brother, not at all.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:24 AM

116 posts, read 93,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
They can't its not apart of their nature, you think the same people who rape our women, men, and children will admit their wrongs? No, the people who practiced overt Jim crow laws and lynchings are grandparents now they've raised their children to smile and bite, like the so called liberals in the political system. No don't expect an apology from these people, the same ones who project their lowly existence onto out people and continue in the subtle practice of our extermination. This isn't the time for apologies my brother, not at all.
Oh, I know. I was just stating the obvious. MLK was right, we are in the burning house.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:49 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
I have yet to figure out why the right gets all tingly and giddy over Bill Cosby's comments.

Bill Cosby isn't saying anything different from what you hear around the Sunday dinner table at the homes of the Black middle/upper class. And if these people actually knew any Black people personally they would understand that as fact and not an obtuse revolutionary manner of thinking.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:39 AM

Talk is cheap. Deeds gentlemen, not more words.

Give me a roadmap to fix black Amercia without more tax money. Take the talk from the dinner table and make it a massive challenge on the media to the Black Community.

Who in Black Amercia will stand up and say, "We need to fix ourselves first--family, education, social habits, values, etc. before we complain that White America has some kind of legacy responsibility."

Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 PM

799 posts, read 1,095,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster Ave Guy View Post
Talk is cheap. Deeds gentlemen, not more words.

Give me a roadmap to fix black Amercia without more tax money. Take the talk from the dinner table and make it a massive challenge on the media to the Black Community.

Who in Black Amercia will stand up and say, "We need to fix ourselves first--family, education, social habits, values, etc. before we complain that White America has some kind of legacy responsibility."
Stop crying and fix your people rather than worrying about black people

Old 02-21-2013, 07:10 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster Ave Guy View Post
Yes, and no doubt my Italian ancestors are owed reparations from the Carthaginans and my Irish forebears are owed by the British. Can you help me get the $$ back?
But are they still realing from it or did they recover and become equal parts of the society?

Old 02-21-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
You've had about 100 yrs to get things going and figure out how to not only support yourselves but contribute to society(in a positive way-new concept I know). We have a black pres and if that doesn't tell you you're now on equal ground then you're pretty much hopeless I guess.
Old saying, never bite the hand that feeds you.
And during that "hundred years" there have been assinations of black leaders, Jim Crow Laws, legal lynchings, unjust drug laws, police beatings/killings, unfair housing pratices, unequal education, unequal healthcare and job discrimination. I guess blacks should be on equal terms now

Old 02-21-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Every single person that has held the office of President (I can remember back to Reagan pt. 2) during my lifetime has been ridiculed by the media and the opposition. You think Obama is the only President to suffer ridicule and disrespect?

Heck, just go watch some old SNL episodes filmed during the Dubya or Clinton administrations for your answer.
Were any of it regarding their ethnicity?

Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
But are they still realing from it or did they recover and become equal parts of the society?

The point is they 'got over it' without tax dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies