Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 PM

799 posts, read 1,095,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
72% of black kids don't have a father.

Which racist laws, operations and statutes cause this?

Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate - Health - Women's health | NBC News
Operation BLACKDESK Operation BLACKBAG, Operation Heartbreak Hotel (where they assisted prostitutes or drug dealers in urban communities, still active by the way), the infamous COINTELPRO (as well as COINTELPRO 2.0. still in covert operation today), Operation CHAOS, Project MERRIMAC, Project Resistance. I can go on and on. All this Federal and funded by the same government sees everyone equal...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 06:15 AM

770 posts, read 1,131,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
so predictable it isn't even funny, but to entertain your asinine post, can you refute what I said?

What, a guy can't have a little bit of fun?

Old 01-30-2013, 06:19 AM

770 posts, read 1,131,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
The lack of father in the black community happened because of the War on Drugs, something I'd like to call the War on Black Men. Of course many of the white posters will say, "i'm crying" or "these men should man up" whatever, it doesn't matter because they are not the ones with this beautiful black skin so they of course wouldn't even be able to relate.
War on Drugs. Wow, that happend in the 1980s into the 90s. The fed targeted narco-lords in central america, mexico and those in the United States who brought and sold/distributed the drugs. If Black men were harmed in the process, well too bad, since they were dealing/selling/consuming. Lots of white and hispanic people too were arrested and prosecuted as well.

The Great Society of the 1960s really accelerated the decline in the Black family. It snowballed in the late 1960s and 70s and today it continues to get worse! What chance do kids have with no Dad? Less of a chance, although there are many exceptions (strong women and their child will survive).

Old 01-30-2013, 04:06 PM

267 posts, read 202,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster Ave Guy View Post
War on Drugs. Wow, that happend in the 1980s into the 90s. The fed targeted narco-lords in central america, mexico and those in the United States who brought and sold/distributed the drugs. If Black men were harmed in the process, well too bad, since they were dealing/selling/consuming. Lots of white and hispanic people too were arrested and prosecuted as well.

The Great Society of the 1960s really accelerated the decline in the Black family. It snowballed in the late 1960s and 70s and today it continues to get worse! What chance do kids have with no Dad? Less of a chance, although there are many exceptions (strong women and their child will survive).
Why is Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Oliver North, and other high officials of the C.I.A. and other branches of government, not in jail for their imperative role in the Crack cocaine epidemic, along with Freeway Ricky Ross. And the feds did not target those "narco-lords" they supplied them, aided them and conspired with them.

You say that the time period of the 60's accelerated this decline, I would like for you to specify how. Not a long a well articulated explanation, just a refutation with substance. Because your claims are unfounded and debased by government documents that implicate their roles in the destruction of Black America through the deliberate and systematic targeting of black males in low-income areas.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:10 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Well, you asked the question.

What have specifically have conservatives done to help destroy American Blacks?
Where do you want to start? From trying to block Civil Rights legislation in the 60's up to the present day "War on Drugs". Lets make it easy, lets just talk about their push for the voting restrictions towards certain communities that happened to be predominately black.

Video: “They told him not to enforce drug laws in white areas ...

Old 01-31-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
72% of black kids don't have a father.

Which racist laws, operations and statutes cause this?

Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate - Health - Women's health | NBC News
Uh, excuse me just because the mother is not married to the father does not mean that they do not have a father The statitics does not mention step-fathers, boyfriends who act as fathers or any other postive role model either

Which reminds me why do whites have such a facination with blacks anyway, considering it is many of the government's policies that help keep the steady decline of their policies in the first place?

Old 02-03-2013, 05:52 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...s-middle-class
Quote:
They felt that they had to offer some kind of public defense.

To them, Bill Cosby's criticism was simply too harsh, too over the line, to sit in silence. In fact, the failure to speak up, they thought, would seriously jeopardize their own middle-class standing in white America.

And so--one by one, these black middle-class doctors, lawyers, religious leaders and academicians, took to the airwaves to explain away the pathology of a small, but lethal, segment of black America. They wanted to convince white folks that Cosby had gotten it all wrong--that the drug dealing, the gangs, and the school-dropout rate of these wayward inner-city black youth weren't as bad as America's favorite television dad made them appear.

Privately, of course, they had been talking about the problems of "these people" for years.
This is what I see on this board from many Black posters. They don't want to acknowledge the problems of the Black underclass because of the fears of what the wider community may think of Blacks as a results.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:55 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
A new century, a new `color line' - Chicago Tribune

Quote:
Thomas Sowell, the conservative black author and columnist, argues in his provocative new book, "Black Rednecks and White Liberals," that so-called "ghetto culture" actually evolved from overexposure by generations of blacks to the culture of southern whites, a group that lagged far behind northern whites for centuries in literacy and productivity.

The result, he says, is an urban black culture that is counterproductive and self-destructive, no matter how much it is regarded by many as the only "authentic" black culture "and, for that reason, something not to be tampered with."

I will leave Sowell's thesis about the origins of black culture for him to argue. But, there's no question that, on the threshold of a new century, we black Americans need to re-examine not only what political, social or economic forces are doing to us, but also what we are doing to ourselves.
I've been saying this for awhile, what passes for African American culture needs to be repudiated and stamped out if the violence and other nonsense is to be contained.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
A new century, a new `color line' - Chicago Tribune

I've been saying this for awhile, what passes for African American culture needs to be repudiated and stamped out if the violence and other nonsense is to be contained.

And replaced with what? Your culture? African culture, oh thats right it was taken from them in the first place. I like how whites downplay the fact that this country is founded on violence and repression of others. They did nothing until it hits home (see current school murders) but yet it is easy to blame those who are at the bottom of the economic scale and are the most repressed for the violence. Who controls the laws and the media often controls the behavior of the masses.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:28 PM

60 posts, read 80,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
And replaced with what? Your culture? African culture, oh thats right it was taken from them in the first place. I like how whites downplay the fact that this country is founded on violence and repression of others. They did nothing until it hits home (see current school murders) but yet it is easy to blame those who are at the bottom of the economic scale and are the most repressed for the violence. Who controls the laws and the media often controls the behavior of the masses.
Replace it with a culture that's less violent and doesn't promote tearing each-other down. So yes, I guess that would be "white culture" then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies