Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2014, 05:40 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,550,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
They're called police officers..........

Blacks didn't create the drug trade, nor do they indulge disproportionately as users or profit from it highly as sellers. The raw materials for the drugs in American inner cities are not located in America. We do not own planes, boats or any other means of transportation from Asia or Latin America. We do not control the high-level distribution or manufacture of these drugs. If anyone has failed in fighting the drug problem in the inner city and beyond it is America and Americans in general.

Asians who work in Corporate America are experiencing the same exclusion from upward mobility as blacks and other minorities.
1. What race are perhaps HALF of the police officers in Baltimore, D.C., Memphis, Atlanta and other majority black cities (including the police chiefs and even the mayors)?

Of the last 100 young African-Americans murdered in the U.S. how many of them were murdered by cops?

2. Even if racist whites dropped huge crates of cocaine from helicopters onto black areas of the cities how does that take away blacks ability to simply NOT DO THE DRUGS? (and, yes, I know the VAST majority of blacks wouldn't take the drugs and if you dropped tons of meth on some rural white areas there would be chaos).

You can blame non-blacks for the infrastructure of drug production but not much else.

3. I'm sure some Asians are discriminated against but (as the Indians have shown especially) the best way around that obstacle is superior work ethic and using a community spirit to build your own empire.

See the Patels for more information about what I'm talking about...

A Patel Motel Cartel? - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 09:34 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,333,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
TWO nuclear attacks (Japan)

The complete fire destruction of the capital city (Japan)

Complete enslavement, rape and torture (China by Japan)

TWO major and modern equipped Western powers occupied and fought peasant population (Vietnam)

Genocide (Cambodia)

Massive bombing raids (Laos)

Brutal civil war with millions dead (Korea)

Various MAJOR, MAJOR earthquakes, cyclones and tsunamis (Japan, China, Indonesia and others)

Mass starvation (China again)

Financial market and real estate collapse (Japan)

...and severe generational poverty (China, Cambodia, Laos, Burma and other Asian countries)

All occurring at least 60 years AFTER the end of American slavery

Yep...those Asians have had it quite easy compared to 20th and 21st century black Americans.

Yes these things happened but what you failed to mention is that in all of these cases they still were allowed to keep their own religion, customs and languages and even in cases like the Japanese they were able to rebuild and get ahead INSPITE of the damage done to them. So overall your weak comparison between American Blacks and Asians has alot to be desired

Old 01-23-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Well, caribny, its good that this was your last post as it is obvious that you either:

1) can't understand what you read.

-or-

2) willfully apply the race card improperly when you realize that you've lost a debate.

It is clear to anyone with at least a 3rd grade education that the post you responded to is NOT racist as I compared BOTH RACES EQUALLY!

Why don't Asians spend so much time making excuses???

Oh, yeah...perhaps they are too busy studying or focusing on success at work.

How about because of their culture which frowns down on openly protesting or maybe the fact that they do not share the same history as blacks do in this country, or maybe because they were allowed to keep their own cultures and creat networks within their own ethnicities? If you really think that they are not being discriminated you are mistaken considering that they have NEVER been considered as a threat to white women or men like blacks are. Perhaps as a member of the top of the ethnicity food chain you just never bothered to look?

Old 01-24-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Yes these things happened but what you failed to mention is that in all of these cases they still were allowed to keep their own religion, customs and languages and even in cases like the Japanese they were able to rebuild and get ahead INSPITE of the damage done to them. So overall your weak comparison between American Blacks and Asians has alot to be desired
So you are saying that the reason that a significant portion of the African-American community is in crisis in 2014 is because centuries ago the culture, religion and language of captured Africans was stolen from them?

That is a very convenient and bizarre excuse for generational failure.

What is your excuse for the deterioration of aspects of the black community from as recent as the time of Marcus Garvey and black self-determination? Then a new spirit in black America came about during the height of the Klan which any reasonable person would have to admit was a far tougher time for blacks than today.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:
How about because of their culture which frowns down on openly protesting or maybe the fact that they do not share the same history as blacks do in this country, or maybe because they were allowed to keep their own cultures and creat networks within their own ethnicities? If you really think that they are not being discriminated you are mistaken considering that they have NEVER been considered as a threat to white women or men like blacks are. Perhaps as a member of the top of the ethnicity food chain you just never bothered to look?
Well first, if you think of whites as being on top of some imaginary "ethnicity food chain" then I guess you don't think much of your own ethnicity.

Second, I never said Asians aren't discriminated against. I said that they don't whine and moan about being discriminated against because they are too busy succeeding. I know that you think white people were put on earth to hold people of color back but the inconvenient truth of the matter is the white powers that be don't care WHO helps them make money as long as the person helps them make money (white executives considering Asian, black or white hires...which applicants are best for the firm).

I know in your world whites only wish to hire other whites to keep those [BLEEPS] down but it isn't 1922 anymore...sorry.

...and tell me:

What the heck are you talking about when you say "threats to white women" and "not allowed to create networks within their own ethnic group"?

Am I having a conversation with someone from 1948 Alabama or something??

Old 01-24-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
So you are saying that the reason that a significant portion of the African-American community is in crisis in 2014 is because centuries ago the culture, religion and language of captured Africans was stolen from them?

Can you name any other group who has been systematically robbed of their original culture, religion and language and still became successful as whole? This is not even including the racial discrimination by the ruling class over the decades.

That is a very convenient and bizarre excuse for generational failure.

It is easiely dismissed by someone that takes that type of information for granted like many whites who are fortunate enough to be able to do since it has no affect on how they operate in this country

What is your excuse for the deterioration of aspects of the black community from as recent as the time of Marcus Garvey and black self-determination? Then a new spirit in black America came about during the height of the Klan which any reasonable person would have to admit was a far tougher time for blacks than today.
Actually outwardly it did seem like it was a more harsher time for Black Americans, but what you and others did not see is that Blacks were able to thrive IN SPITE of the adversity in our own neighborhoods by doing just what groups who voluntarily migrated to this country by supporting their own. I also find it interesting that you failed to mention the fact that everytime that Black Americans get a leader(s) that united them all under anything POSITIVE they were assinated (Malcolm X, MLK) or jailed under questionable pretenses (Black Panther Party members).

I always thought that it was disingenous for many modern day whites who are quick to point the finger at blacks for the country's social ills but fail to realize their own leaders for their hand in destroying Black leadership.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:44 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,598,920 times
Quote:
I always thought that it was disingenous for many modern day whites who are quick to point the finger at blacks for the country's social ills but fail to realize their own leaders for their hand in destroying Black leadership.
This is the crux of the issue.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Well first, if you think of whites as being on top of some imaginary "ethnicity food chain" then I guess you don't think much of your own ethnicity.

It has nothing to do with how I may feel but to look at life through reality and you and others like you who like to rant about the ills of Black America. I look at the unemployment rate of Blacks in this country compared to whites which is always higher. I look at the Boards of the Fortune 500 companies and they are ALL predominately consist of white men. The highest court in the land has always held the majority of white males which is consistant with this country's lawmakers and until recently even the presidency (which can also be debatable since he is a direct decendent of Africa and is still half white). Black Americans are the only ethnicity that had to fight for the same rights that were automatically given to everyone else (read white immigrants). On the flip side, whites enjoy the best healthcare, upward mobility, standard of living, own and control every major media outlet in this country.

Second, I never said Asians aren't discriminated against. I said that they don't whine and moan about being discriminated against because they are too busy succeeding. I know that you think white people were put on earth to hold people of color back but the inconvenient truth of the matter is the white powers that be don't care WHO helps them make money as long as the person helps them make money (white executives considering Asian, black or white hires...which applicants are best for the firm).

They are but to a lesser degree as I mentioned before and even they have to contend with an "glass ceiling to some degree here in American Businesses. Please tell us all how do you know that they don't considering they have the option of returing to their countries of origin and speak in their OWN language about the B.S that they have to deal with. When you say the "white powers that be do not care who helps them make money", don't you mean whatever that they can take and whoever that they can exploit to make money? If you truely believe that crazy B.S about the "best applicants crap" why aren't there more non-white executives then there are now? Are you trying to say that over 400 years of working and being educated that they could not find any more qualified non-white males to run corperations than what they have now? What is "best for the firm" is and always be people that look and think and look like those who are running it now. If what you say is true there would not be a need for Affirmative Action which basically bribes companies to diversify in order to get money from the feds.

I know in your world whites only wish to hire other whites to keep those [BLEEPS] down but it isn't 1922 anymore...sorry.

I cannot say that it is actually intentional or not but the "good old boy network" is alive and will continue to be in affect until the whole thing collapses on itself.

...and tell me:

What the heck are you talking about when you say "threats to white women" and "not allowed to create networks within their own ethnic group"?

Please explain one thing, are you willfully ignorant or do you pick and choose what you want to believe? Explain this and I bet at least over half of the blackmen on this forum has experienced this as well. Why would a white women clutch her purse whenever a black man comes near her, even if he is wearing a 2000.00 suit? It does not happen with Asian men as often even when they are in obvious gang attaire

Am I having a conversation with someone from 1948 Alabama or something??
I was thinking that I was having a conversation with someone who does not leave his house and lives in the middle of Finland

Old 01-25-2014, 07:04 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
This I'll say: IF things for Black Americans are that bad here in the US: why do most of them STAY here? NO 1's telling those dudes and ladies they can't leave and move to Liberia where white people CAN'T even get citizenship. Sheesh!

Old 01-25-2014, 12:07 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,547,967 times
Quote:
Sure...whites are out of control with crack and PCP ".

You actually told the truth for once. Drug and alcohol abuse in 2014 is a good deal more serious among whites than it is among blacks.

I will let you wallow in self pity so I will ignore the rest of your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies