Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 08:19 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times

Advertisements

The WH is saying that the SS suggested stopping the tours to save on SS overtime pay.
The ever so slight "finger pointing" away from them.

I wonder if the SS also suggested that Obama stop flying around the US to play golf. I would imagine that costs a lot more in SS overtime than WH tours.

Or maybe that the Obamas fly together on vacation with one single round trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 08:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
So much for that doom and gloom regarding the sequester. Obama was running around like Chicken Little - "The sky is falling!!!" but the Dow index rose and unemployment rates dropped.

Just shows you how spending cuts work out.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:45 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Glad people are getting jobs.....

but.....

I thought the government had nothing to do with jobs?

I mean, thats what the left say's here all the time....the president does not make jobs,.....
Who would have thought? After listening to Fox News the past four years, one would think that Obama himself should have produced jobs for all of the unemployed.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obama's threshold is set so low all he has to do is breathe and his supporters pile on the accolades.

Obama has done more to keep the economy down, jobs recovery at bay and the loss of medical insurance for far more than he pretended to help.

It is delusional to link Obama to increased job growth with no evidence of any cause and effect. Theoretical numbers and novel reference points cannot hide a failing economy and disasterous job loses especially among minorities.

I'm sure Detroit will love to hear the latest jobs news. there will be rejoicing in the streets.

How many jobs were killed by obama's EPA and misdirected 'investments' in solar energy?

Any job increase that may be real is temporary and minimum wage jobs.

Oh Barry, that's wondeful work, you are so impressive!
Your anti Obama broken record is sounding more and more like sour grapes nonsense.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:48 AM

So now I think we can all admit it's time for more cuts -- time to cut back on long-term unemployment handouts, food stamps, and other government handouts. The jobs are out there, no more excuse to not work for a living.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
All signs also pointed to a looming recession before Bush was president. The economy was heading into a recession by the end of Clinton's second term and became a recession by March, 2001.

Moral of the story: Recessions occur every so often.

But I guess a 7.7% unemployment rate (the lowest under Obama) is "better" than a 4.5% unemployment rate (the lowest under G.W. Bush)!
What signs? Was Bush responsible for nothing during the 8 years he was president? Are you saying it took 8 years for this "looming recession" to materialize?

Old 03-09-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So now I think we can all admit it's time for more cuts -- time to cut back on long-term unemployment handouts, food stamps, and other government handouts. The jobs are out there, no more excuse to not work for a living.

Unless one works for an employer like Walmart that figures in food stamps and Medicaid as part of their employee benefit program.

Daily Kos: Walmart: America's real 'Welfare Queen'

Old 03-09-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The WH is saying that the SS suggested stopping the tours to save on SS overtime pay.
The ever so slight "finger pointing" away from them.

I wonder if the SS also suggested that Obama stop flying around the US to play golf. I would imagine that costs a lot more in SS overtime than WH tours.

Or maybe that the Obamas fly together on vacation with one single round trip.
Would leaving the leader of the world's most powerful nation at risk, help the deficit more than increasing taxes on the wealthiest 1%?. How many days would this savings run our government?

Old 03-09-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Unless one works for an employer like Walmart that figures in food stamps and Medicaid as part of their employee benefit program.

Daily Kos: Walmart: America's real 'Welfare Queen'
They have Obamacare now, they need to be cut from Medicaid rolls.

Low unemployment figures is great news and it means there should be no trouble finding more spending cuts. Obama was wrong about his predictions of the sequester -- it turns out it wasn't even "dumb", the economy is now soaring. The stock market is also way up and rising.

Thank you Obama -- and his friends in Congress for getting the spending cuts done and improving the economy.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:13 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So much for that doom and gloom regarding the sequester. Obama was running around like Chicken Little - "The sky is falling!!!" but the Dow index rose and unemployment rates dropped.

Just shows you how spending cuts work out.
Thats how they control their people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies