Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 01:05 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Maybe everyone should walk around with guns on them all the time?

Then when some stranger gets pissed off at you and makes you angry (or vice-versa) ... the worst thing that may happen is either you'd be shot or they'd get shot?

Is that the kind of world you want to live in?
Why do you think owning a gun makes you violent?

They did a study in Texas when they started issuing CCW permits. They found that a person is 5 times less likely to commit a violent crime than regular citizens. So people with CCW's are 5 times safer than people without. Don't let these facts get in your way.

The total population of Texas has an arrest rate for violent crime that is 5.3 times higher than Texas CHL holders, based upon data from 1996 - 1999.
http://www.txchia.org/sturdevant.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 01:07 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
I am not projecting anything.

I am stating that the world is a safer place when it is not filled with people walking around with guns.
Your wrong, and I posted a study above that proves that people who legally carry guns commit less crimes.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:31 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
I am not projecting anything.

I am stating that the world is a safer place when it is not filled with people walking around with guns.
In places where concealled carry laws have been passed, or where they have gone from "may issue" to "shall issue", violent crime has decreased. So the facts would indicate that you are wrong. When only violent criminals are walking around with guns, yes, things are more dangereous.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:44 PM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,266,879 times
RD5050, you come off as quite naive and you may think you are helping but you are really doing harm to liberals. Liberals have a reputation of following their leaders no matter what and you are demonstrating that. Mark Kelly got caught buying an AR15. Then came up with a childish alibi after he was caught. Everyone sees it for what it is.

Mark Kelly has every right to buy an AR15. It is his pathetic lie that is at issue.

I predict he will come clean on his lie. Otherwise his credibility is gone forever. And it will take Gabby down with it.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:46 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Pardon me if his hat looks a little more pulled down than I would normally expect to see, I can see you're not hung up on that and I apologize for giving you something shiny to now focus on instead of the actual topic at hand.

What exactly could he have put on Facebook when he got home? That he legally purchased a gun and passed a background check? What does that prove?

It proves Fakebook is used for a wider agenda. And this thread is filled with shills.

sandy Hook prompted alot of fraud on fakebook, why are no new laws regulating this?. The media and its complicit role in all this is beyond disturbing. Major fail (again) by the msm.

They are 0-3 now.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:54 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
How long to you think it takes to reload? Watch this 30 second video and then tell me if magazine restricts will do anything.

World's Fastest Reload - YouTube

there are people out there that can reload a revolver faster than this guy can reload a magzine.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:26 PM

46,290 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
there are people out there that can reload a revolver faster than this guy can reload a magzine.
And shoot 6 rounds faster out of a revolver than any semi auto.....

Old 03-12-2013, 03:59 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
If doesn't matter who can load how many or how fast. He lied.

Who buys a $1500 rifle to turn it over to the police? Are you people really that stupid?!

Old 03-12-2013, 04:20 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
If doesn't matter who can load how many or how fast. He lied.

Who buys a $1500 rifle to turn it over to the police? Someone committing a straw purchase=crime Are you people really that stupid? I think you KNOW the answer!

Liberals....you gotta love 'em....they're entertaining if nothing else.

They'll continually do stupid things to support their straw arguments...the thing they don't realize is that THEY are the only ones looking stupid doing them.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:57 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
BBBBBBBZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz WRONG...............

I left (retired) the Army in 2009, WITH my security clearance that was not set to expire until 2012, which is when we my company went back and had me do all the paper work again.

Your TSC/SC is good for 10 years....

Maybe you should learn a little about how the military/dod works with these....

My CURRENT (2009) security clearance was at the top of my resume, leting people know that I had a clearance....

Yes, common sense....use it sometimes...
I also had a clearance, yes it does help you but once you leave you will still need to be reestablished when you get a new position, it is not automatic, and really has nothing to do with your claim that it is easier for him just beacuse he has a clearance. He filled out the paper work and he needed to wait just like anyone else.

You never answered the second part, the background check has nothing to do with secret clearances, no preferential treatment for having been in the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies