Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2013, 11:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I find it interesting that the rights' new poster boy is someone who benefited from all the government programs that the right are against.
Hell, they all did! It's ok for them - they just don't want anyone else to benefit.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:20 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Victims of what? You are starting to sound like post-retirement "gay marriage is bestiality and blacks dont think for themselves and I dont believe in evolution" Ben Carson..
And here we go, the typical liberal defense, ignore the simple facts, defend the indefensible then resort to insults. So typical.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
There is NO defense for people who take from other hard working Americans without trying to get off the system. There is NO defense for people to use victimhood as a defense to justify living off the labor of others. These people are greedy. They take but give nothing in return. There is NO defense for people who think it is ok to be on welfare. I do not care if you are white, black, yellow. It is disrespectful toward people who work and they are due no respect.
I dont think anyone would disagree with you there, but when you talk about those people, it seems as if you think they are only Democrats.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:25 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
I don't care whether he goes to the commencement or not. It's not my alma mater and I have no dog in this fight whatsoever.

All I'll say is that Carson is smart enough I'm sure to know that his thinking on gay marriage is going the way of the dinosaur. Conservatives may think they can wait it out and maybe the tide will turn once again in their favor, but it won't. Gay marriage is an inevitability. And even if the SCOTUS upholds DOMA, that will only delay the inevitability, not obliterate it.

I don't give a rat's ass about Ben Carson one way or another because he can't stop the coming tide, and neither can his co-religionist conservatives. He's desperately hanging on to religious dogma that that younger, more enlightened Americans are increasingly tossing in the nearest dumpster...thank goodness.

Hopkins kids are bright, secular, and enlightened. They don't want to hear a bunch of nonsense on their commencement day, and I don't blame 'em.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:28 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I find it interesting that the rights' new poster boy is someone who benefited from all the government programs that the right are against.
Yep. When it's a conservative benefiting from these programs (Paul Ryan, anyone?) it's all good, because they help people to transcend their limitations and make good, doncha know. It's only those damn left leaning recipients that are doing all the mooching off the system. (Let's not mention the high number of welfare recipients who reside in red states. Don't want to blow petch's mind with inconvenient facts.)

Old 03-30-2013, 11:29 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
it just goes to show that the liberal left only likes free speech when it only includes the kind of speech that they like.
dumb speech is still dumb speech...the right to say it, doesnt make it any smarter.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:29 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont think anyone would disagree with you there, but when you talk about those people, it seems as if you think they are only Democrats.
I should add that there is NO defense, white, black, yellow, democrat, republican, liberal, conservative. NO defense.

Hardly surprising, we see that in a two-party split, 60-80% of welfare recipients are Democrats, while full time Workers are evenly divided between parties.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I should add that there is NO defense, white, black, yellow, democrat, republican, liberal, conservative. NO defense.

Hardly surprising, we see that in a two-party split, 60-80% of welfare recipients are Democrats, while full time Workers are evenly divided between parties.
and this poll is based on what now ?

Old 03-30-2013, 11:43 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times
‘Conservative Hero’ Ben Carson To Beck: You Have No Right To Semi-Automatic Weapons In Large Cities

‘Conservative Hero’ Ben Carson To Beck: You Have No Right To Semi-Automatic Weapons In Large Cities | Mediaite

Old 03-30-2013, 11:44 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I`d be surprised if the majority wanted to hear narrow minded bigotry at their commencement.
Narrow minded?

Dr. Carson is a very open minded, highly intelligent Black man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies