Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2013, 09:50 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times

Advertisements

Carson being a black conservative, who's been successful and accomplished more and done more good with his life than people like Obama is why they hate him. They don't want other blacks to know who he is, what he's done and accomplished. When they do talk about him, they do so in a manner to bash him and put him down for being a black conservative who dares to leave their box is supposed to stay in

Old 03-30-2013, 09:55 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I'm starting to drift right-ward in my political leanings. I'm a Christian, but the GOP needs to reject this type of talk if they want to start winning again. If you are against gay people getting married, just say that and then leave the issue alone.
State you position in a respectful manner. I agree. It's about skill...Gentle as a dove and shrewd as a serpent...as they say. Christians show mercy to everyone....grace to those that do not deserve it...The concepts of real Christianity were based in truth and logic. If you want to change the world you had better think before you speak...What is the use of offence? God does not judge and condemn - people do..It's about cause and effect---If I say this - then there might be a bad reaction down the road...You don't want that..You want positive outcome.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:09 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
People who have never gone to college don't understand that this is a frequent occurrence.
Seriously! Remember when some Notre Dame students protested Obama as speaker because he was pro-choice and they were a catholic school?

It happens, people.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:13 AM

46,310 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The right takes free speech to mean you're free to speak only what they want to hear.

The students are speaking their minds and you whine about it.
Ignorant statement, Dr. Carson was already the speaker for this speech, now because the ignorant left did not like what he said, they do not want him to speak....

Now, who is the one crying...

Leftist mantra.....free speech, as long as I like it.....and that is exactly what is happening with Dr. Carson.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:14 AM

46,310 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Too bad this isn't a free speech issue.
Why?

Old 03-30-2013, 10:15 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
People who have never gone to college don't understand that this is a frequent occurrence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Ignorant statement, Dr. Carson was already the speaker for this speech, now because the ignorant left did not like what he said, they do not want him to speak....

Leftist mantra.....free speech, as long as I like it.....and that is exactly what is happening with Dr. Carson.
Did you ever go to college? There are always a handful or group of students that is going to protest the commencement speaker! How many times does this have to be repeated?

Talk about crybabies.

Oh, and this ~

Old 03-30-2013, 10:16 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
So now according to the neo-cons, groups aren't allowed the freedom to choose who they want to invite to speak at their events?
Who chose him? The college or the 'group'?

Quote:
Not inviting someone because you don't agree with their views is not equivalent and is not discrimination. Try again.
This happens quite a lot by the leftist indoctrinated newly useful idiots.

If you can't listen to both sides then you are truly indoctrinated and you just blew a wad on an education.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:16 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
I feel sorry for Dr. Carson. I'm sure the liberals with the help of the leftwing media will do everything in their power to smear this man. To the left there's nothing more dangerous than a conservative black man.

Dr. Carson Banned from a Commencement Speech? - By John Fund - The Corner - National Review Online
Guess he should have thought twice before appearing on FOX News every day, or every second day, that would turn anybody with half a brain off of him!

Old 03-30-2013, 10:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
great, then we can also start refusing people services of any type because we dont like what they say, how they think, how they look or what race/religion they are.

Isn't that exactly what happened at the 2013 CPAC meeting?

Where was Christie?

Old 03-30-2013, 10:24 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Can we see Dr. Carson's college transcripts? Do you suspect he was accepted into Medical school through Affirmative Action?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies