Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 06:55 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
So now according to the neo-cons, groups aren't allowed the freedom to choose who they want to invite to speak at their events?
Well, in true leftist thinking......you do realize he was already invited and had accepted the invitation....

Nope, guess not....

Old 03-30-2013, 07:05 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
I feel sorry for Dr. Carson. I'm sure the liberals with the help of the leftwing media will do everything in their power to smear this man. To the left there's nothing more dangerous than a conservative black man.

Dr. Carson Banned from a Commencement Speech? - By John Fund - The Corner - National Review Online
Maybe he will get a gig with Glenn Beck U.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:10 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Not inviting someone because you don't agree with their views is not equivalent and is not discrimination. Try again.
Of course it's discrimination. It's the very definition of discrmination.

Aint nothing wrong with discrimination. Everyone does it multiple times a day. It's human nature and it benefits everyone. I think what's crazy is trying to outlaw it.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:11 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Maybe he will get a gig with Glenn Beck U.
So then bob....

It appears that you agree he should be banned due to his religious beliefs about marriage. How would you feel if a university banned a speaker because they were pro gay marriage?

Old 03-30-2013, 07:18 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
I feel sorry for Dr. Carson. I'm sure the liberals with the help of the leftwing media will do everything in their power to smear this man. To the left there's nothing more dangerous than a conservative black man.

Dr. Carson Banned from a Commencement Speech? - By John Fund - The Corner - National Review Online
No need to smear people like this.Give them enough rope and they`ll hang themselves whether it`s toe tapping in an airport men`s room or finding out they have several boyfriends.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:21 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So then bob....

It appears that you agree he should be banned due to his religious beliefs about marriage. How would you feel if a university banned a speaker because they were pro gay marriage?
Well, I think any Univ should have a Commencement speaker who reflects rational thought. Leave the fringe to the fringe Univs where hate is so adored.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:21 AM

408 posts, read 607,543 times
Quote:
So then bob....

Universities are places of wisdom and intelligence, virtually no university would ban a pro gay marriage speaker. In academic circles, religion-based agendas.. in fact anything-based agendas are not taken to kindly.

There do exist ''christian universities'' who I'm sure would have no interest in receiving a pro gay marriage activist, and some who are on the other hand open to the idea.

I for one find it unfortunate whenever a university does shy away from receiving a controversial guest, as I find these are conversations worth having. Nevertheless, I think the choice should remain at their discretion.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:24 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
"Git him! He's escaped the leftie plantation!"

Old 03-30-2013, 07:32 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post
Universities are places of wisdom and intelligence, virtually no university would ban a pro gay marriage speaker. In academic circles, religion-based agendas.. in fact anything-based agendas are not taken to kindly.

There do exist ''christian universities'' who I'm sure would have no interest in receiving a pro gay marriage activist, and some who are on the other hand open to the idea.

I for one find it unfortunate whenever a university does shy away from receiving a controversial guest, as I find these are conversations worth having. Nevertheless, I think the choice should remain at their discretion.
I fail to see what is controversial about Dr. Carson. I've seen him a few times on television. He was saying that as a kid he read lot of books which opened up a new world to him (he also mentioned why slaves were forbidden from reading and that people that decide not to learn to read are enslaving themselves). Let's see, he is also a neurosurgeon that save babies lives at one of the best universities in the world. He says if peoole get their education and put some effort into their work they can be successful.

I guess because he doesn't say it okay to drop out of school and have 4 kids before your 18, the government will take of you, then he is "controversial". Lols.

Only in Liberal la-la land could this guy be remotely controversial.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Nice deflection attempt. How is barring someone due to their religious beliefs about marriage different than barring someone due to their Muslim religious beliefs? Of course you think it's OK because you disagree with him. Banning a satanist wouldn't be any different either.
He has not been banned. He has, in fact, offered to step down when he heard about the petition.

Commencement speakers get protested all the time ~ this is not something new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies