Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2013, 01:02 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Neither do you.

You guys are always pulling that Dr. King crap. I know better than to fall for it.

Again, conservatives only invoke his name now because he's safely in his grave. When he was alive, you guys pegged him as just another rabble rousing, race baiting N-word that should've stayed in his place.
I wasn't alive then, so keep your broadbrush generalizations and hate filled rhetoric to yourself.

The old liberal racists are actively trying to keep Dr. King's dream from being fulfilled.

It is us younger conservatives who will ultimately make the dream a reality.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

That's racist? Ok...call it racist then. I'm not about to plead my case to you.
Yes it is.

You are claiming that one race was and or is better than another.

That is racism no matter how you slice and dice it.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:08 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
I remember the first Jackie Robinson movie, I was just a youngster (maybe in my 20s? ) Now this one. /1/2 of me can't wait to see it and the other 1/2 is pretty sure what the slant of the movie will be. The contributions minorities have made to baseball as well as other sport is well known, I am not sure why it is necessary to make a movie of the same story all over again?

Old 04-12-2013, 01:09 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No - liberals engage in race baitng.

I am not a liberal.

I am pointing out that liberals make race an issue because if they didn't manufacture "racism" they would never win an election.

Liberals divide and conquer.

They have zero interest in achieving Dr. King's dream.
Harrier says so, so it must be true.

One day when you grow up, you'll look back at all this and be horribly embarrassed.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Thank, you. You make my point.

You DON'T think it was a good think to invite her to join?

Somebody has to be first. or are you not happy the the first was a republican?

The door is now open for others. THAT is something to "hold hands and scream Hallelujah" about.
Dude, I don't give a damn about Augusta National. As far as I'm concerned, they can turn it into a meeting hall for the Klan. Lmao...the place is on the other side of the country...makes me no difference who they invite or make a member. I never understood the controversy to begin with.

That they made Rice a member is completely meaningless to me.
Quote:
This is it really.

She wasn't the "right kind of black person".
Again, I don't care about some golf club in Georgia with an esoteric membership list. I hate golf. If i cared anything about golf, I could go to my own hometown (Scottsdale, Az) and play all the golf i want.

If Augusta wants to invite O.J. Simpson, I wouldn't give a damn. It ain't my business who they invite. In fact, before this thread, I disnt know that Rice was a member, and I slept quite well prior to finding out.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Yes it is.

No, he said that playing in a league that artificially removed half the competition means the white players' accomplishments are meaningless.

That makes sense in the real world. Try it sometime.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:17 PM

23 posts, read 20,650 times
If telling the truth "perpetuates" division, then I'm all for the chasm.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Yes it is.

Blacks hit the National League, and IMMEDIATELY started snatching roster spots. So what does that tell you?

The only reason why the whole league wasn't overrun wih black players was because the teams were enforcing an unofficial quota, and the American League teams were basically trying to completely hold the line against black players.

Again, during segregation, white players knew what was gonna happen, and thats why so many were against integrating the league.

If you hate political correctness, then be consistent about it.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
No, he said that playing in a league that artificially removed half the competition means the white players' accomplishments are meaningless.

That makes sense in the real world. Try it sometime.
In that case, the player's in the Negro League had similarly meaningless accomplishments.

Integration of MLB was a good thing, but as someone said above, making a big deal of it in 2013 is just propaganda - and promotes division.

Can't we all just get along"?

Old 04-12-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
In that case, the player's in the Negro League had similarly meaningless accomplishments.

Integration of MLB was a good thing, but as someone said above, making a big deal of it in 2013 is just propaganda - and promotes division.

Can't we all just get along"?
Yes, that's true technically. But you're the one arguing that it's racist to say so for some bizarre reason I simply am not stupid enough to comprehend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies