Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2013, 10:46 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times

Advertisements

[quote=MOS0311;29084996]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What does WW2 have to do with Jackie Robinson?

One event saved the world.

The other justified what the world was already gravitating towards.[/quote]

Quite an ignorant comment. America was going nowhere in terms of integration, voting and civil rights.

Left to it's own devices, segregation and Jim Crow would be alive today in some parts of this country.

people like J.R. and Jessie Owens not only told racists where to stick it metaphorically but their actions proved unassailiable.
It IS still alive in some parts of this country. Did you see the news about the Georgia HS kids attempting to integrate their prom for the first time ever THIS YEAR?

I am wholly convinced that people simply do not want to be reminded of how recently integration occurred.

They also don't want to be reminded that it DID occur despite all of the efforts to the contrary.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:06 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
As far as I'm concerned, with the exception of a few players, baseball before integration in MLB was a joke and I give little to no respect for the records set before that time. They weren't playing against the best competition, and they knew it.
What a blatantly racist comment.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:12 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:

...says the person who created a blatantly race baiting thread

Old 04-12-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover View Post
I will stick to my principles and movies with a point! John Wayne had a ton of them as do many current actors. They don't need to turn to propaganda to make money. All that movie is anti white propaganda aimed at creating more white guilt.Why in the world would I waste money on that? That just makes no sense.
It is the G version of Django Unchained only the lead actor doesn't say - "I throw things at every white person in the movie - how great is that".

Old 04-12-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
...says the person who created a blatantly race baiting thread
No - liberals engage in race baitng.

I am not a liberal.

I am pointing out that liberals make race an issue because if they didn't manufacture "racism" they would never win an election.

Liberals divide and conquer.

They have zero interest in achieving Dr. King's dream.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You seem to want to live in a "whites only" gated community. Separate but Equal was the opposite of freedom and free will unless you were a white man.

As for Babe Ruth, I was simply punching a hole in your comment when you made the idiot remark that if he was a white guy, no one would care, yet we have plenty of amazing white baseball players that we celebrate and Jackie Robinson has earned his place among the legends of baseball because he too is a legend even if you hate his skin color.
His stats are rather mediocre - except for his BA.

There are many white players with similar stats who aren't in the HOF.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:46 PM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
When "they are invited?"

Condi Rice joins Augusta, and now you and i should hold hands and scream Hallelujah?

SMH...unreal. But there it is in print. Thanks. LMAO
Thank, you. You make my point.

You DON'T think it was a good think to invite her to join?

Somebody has to be first. or are you not happy the the first was a republican?

The door is now open for others. THAT is something to "hold hands and scream Hallelujah" about.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Thank, you. You make my point.

You DON'T think it was a good think to invite her to join?

Somebody has to be first. or are you not happy the the first was a republican?

The door is now open for others. THAT is something to "hold hands and scream Hallelujah" about.
This is it really.

She wasn't the "right kind of black person".

Old 04-12-2013, 01:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
His stats are rather mediocre - except for his BA.

There are many white players with similar stats who aren't in the HOF.
Meh...who gives a damn.
Quote:
No - liberals engage in race baitng.

I am not a liberal.

I am pointing out that liberals make race an issue because if they didn't manufacture "racism" they would never win an election.

Liberals divide and conquer.

They have zero interest in achieving Dr. King's dream.
Neither do you.

You guys are always pulling that Dr. King crap. I know better than to fall for it.

Again, conservatives only invoke his name now because he's safely in his grave. When he was alive, you guys pegged him as just another rabble rousing, race baiting N-word that should've stayed in his place.

Now that you conservatives have had your political power diluted, you wanna name drop King every 5 minutes.
Quote:
Thought you conservative types hated political correctness? Oh yea...that's only when we're discussing anyone darker than a paper bag.

FACT: baseball pre-integration was stocked by inferior talent with the exception of maybe half the players.

If the league was integrated, at least half of those roster spots wouldn't have went to whites. That means that the stats and records pre-1947 are inflated. They didn't come against the best available competition...only the best WHITE competition.

It's been well documented that the white players, owners and GM's knew it at the time. Hell, everybody knew it. Many chose to ignore it, but they knew it. That's why there was so much opposition against integration from the players. They knew the *** was up.

That's racist? Ok...call it racist then. I'm not about to plead my case to you.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Being back the black baseball leagues, keep all the other crap.
Naw, then we would need a Dominican League, Venezuelan League, and Japanese league - in the U.S.A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies