Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 03:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Why do you think the show about polygamy has been on TV for the last 3 seasons or more?
It's on the air because people like YOU talk about it and it makes the producers and the network and the advertisers a lot of money. People see posts like yours and then go check it out. The little computer spins and the producers know people are watching it. Bingo. It's renewed another season because the religious right can't stop talking about it.

Congratulations. You help promote that which you hate. Uproarious.

So tell everyone: Are "they" promoting big families with John and Kate Plus 8. Or the Duggars. I thought everyone hated Christians. Hmmmm.... There they are. Are we being conditioned to accept fundamentalist families with 18 kids? How about dwarfism. Lots of shows with dwarfs in them. Is there a big plot to control the height of the populace so they condition us with shows about dwarfs? Following your theory: yes.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:23 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
No straight gene needs to be found since we are all born straight.
IF sexual identity is related to a gene, then by your argument, if no gay gene can be found, then that means no heterosexual gene can be found.

this is why you are have shown to be ignorant on the subject.

Quote:
It's not clear what makes someone have same sex attraction but we all start out straight.
Actually, its been becoming quite clear why someone has an attraction to the same sex. In utero development, environmental factors with some hormonal development.
and no, we aren't "born" straight.

A baby has no sexual identity yet, and will suckle on anything that looks a feels like a nipple.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:24 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
There is actually an interesting reverse image between countries that support same-sex marriage and those supporting polygamy. Those that support SSM generally oppose polygamy (1st World). Those that support polygamy, oppose SSM (3rd world).

Same-sex marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Legal status of polygamy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So you're telling me i have to go to the UAE to get married?

Old 04-17-2013, 03:24 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:

of course janelle goes and uses a highly biased anti-gay website as her source.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:25 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
No straight gene needs to be found since we are all born straight. It's not clear what makes someone have same sex attraction but we all start out straight.
Poor thing. Shoving your fingers in your ears and refusing to listen to any actual science doesn't make it not true.

Go read your bible, it has all the answers you need. If not, ask the pope.
BTW, don't worry about little inaccuracies in your book. You can still believe that the earth is flat, and the sun revolves around the earth.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:29 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times
Quote:
And you don't think you have been indoctrinated to accept gay as normal? WOW.
I was actually indoctrinated to think of homosexuality as abhorrent.

I pulled myself out of the cesspool of bigotry.

I'm disappointed that you choose to remain in the muck.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:30 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
I actually think incest is the next thing we should legalize nation wide, the only thing that I see barring us from doing the same with poly relationships is tax code.

I have no issues with either situation.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:32 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,944 times
I've often wondered what people who believe that homosexuality is a sin would say about my friend who is a devout church goer & bible reader and is gay as the day is long. Who began to believe all of the garbage about gay being a sin. Who knelt down and prayed & cried & begged God to take away the feelings that he had, and yet kept having stronger and stronger and stronger conviction that he was exactly who he was supposed to be.
Has accepted who he is and is now happier (and incidentally much healthier) than ever before. He and his fiancee (they live in Washington) go to Church every Sunday and praise the Lord for letting them find one another.

I know there are plenty of people here who don't believe in God, and don't have faith in the spiritual world. But for those of you who do, how do you respond to a very real testimony like that?

Old 04-17-2013, 03:36 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It's on the air because people like YOU talk about it and it makes the producers and the network and the advertisers a lot of money. People see posts like yours and then go check it out. The little computer spins and the producers know people are watching it. Bingo. It's renewed another season because the religious right can't stop talking about it.

Congratulations. You help promote that which you hate. Uproarious.

So tell everyone: Are "they" promoting big families with John and Kate Plus 8. Or the Duggars. I thought everyone hated Christians. Hmmmm.... There they are. Are we being conditioned to accept fundamentalist families with 18 kids? How about dwarfism. Lots of shows with dwarfs in them. Is there a big plot to control the height of the populace so they condition us with shows about dwarfs? Following your theory: yes.

Those shows do promote what they do but it won't work with dwarfism unless it convinces people to adopt dwarfs.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:40 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
I've often wondered what people who believe that homosexuality is a sin would say about my friend who is a devout church goer & bible reader and is gay as the day is long. Who began to believe all of the garbage about gay being a sin. Who knelt down and prayed & cried & begged God to take away the feelings that he had, and yet kept having stronger and stronger and stronger conviction that he was exactly who he was supposed to be.
Has accepted who he is and is now happier (and incidentally much healthier) than ever before. He and his fiancee (they live in Washington) go to Church every Sunday and praise the Lord for letting them find one another.

I know there are plenty of people here who don't believe in God, and don't have faith in the spiritual world. But for those of you who do, how do you respond to a very real testimony like that?

Feelings are not a sin it's what we do with them. Homosexuals have a very heavy cross to carry and they need compassion. It's like any other cross people have to carry. We all need support. I'm glad he found someone but marriage needs to be between one man and one woman. You do know a lot of gays are against gay marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies