Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 06:30 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
Have you ever thought about the law of nature? Everything functions with a purpose. A man with his semen is able to impregnate a woman's egg. What do two men or two women create?

Also, even when we think about how things are built, the very concept of engineering relies on the masculine and the feminine to create.
I think about nature very often - it goes along with me being a chemist.

Essentially every animal species has within it a non-reproductive segment. That segment can very often be described as homosexual. I wonder why such a trait has been selected for an maintained in so many animal species for so many millions of years.

Nature is much more complex, wonderful, and diverse than you give it credit for.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:31 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,667,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Can I read the bible and God's word? Yes. No judging just posting about what it says. Jesus will not come again until the end of time. So you don't want to hear His word until then?
Jesus is about as real as Santa Claus to me and many others. You have the right to your religion, but stop trying to force everyone else to live by it. We are not a country ruled by religion, you should be happy about that. Unless you'd prefer to live in a place like Afghanistan.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:31 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Can I read the bible and God's word? Yes. No judging just posting about what it says. Jesus will not come again until the end of time. So you don't want to hear His word until then?
I have heard, read, and studied the bible. I have a totally different interpretation of it than you do.

I don't need YOU or your pope to interpret it for me, thanks.

YOU live by YOUR beliefs, and I will live by MINE.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:33 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Why do you continue to try to force your religious views on other people? All people don't believe in Jesus. All people don't believe in the bible. You can read from "god's word" until you're blue in the face, but you are not going to make everybody believe the same way that you do.
In fact, these bible thumpers do more to push people AWAY from religion, than they do to bring them in.

People like that are the reason that atheism is on the rise around the world.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:35 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,725 times
Its just common sense

The gay encounter, effort and path is conditional in its same gender nature, to be, and is captured in what cannot be anything but an expression in the extermination of the species, will-full or not.

Hetro and gay attempts at unity are entirely opposing initiatives. Theres no equality question, one is trying to play football on a manicured ice rink and football has nothing to do with hockey...plain and simple. Football belongs out in the specifically arranged feild, not at the arena. Its not even a matter of being judgmental. One is one thing and has nothing to do with the other, as fully affirmed in gay position re orientation. This issue has been bamboozled for illogical reasons. Its a trick in language mis-use with an irrational assumption right off the bat. In order to argue orientation is tossed, can't do it/opinion.

Last edited by stargazzer; 04-17-2013 at 06:52 PM..

Old 04-17-2013, 06:37 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Its just common sense

The gay encounter, effort and path is conditional in its same gender nature, to be, and is captured in what cannot be anything but an expression in the extermination of the species, will-full or not.
This takes bull **** to a new level.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:38 PM

596 posts, read 730,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Its just common sense

This is the exact opposite of common sense. This would only make any kind of sense if every person in the world was gay. Do you even comprehend how foolish that sounds? Trust me, heterosexuals are doing more than their fair share to make sure the species is not exterminated.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:39 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Jesus is about as real as Santa Claus to me and many others. You have the right to your religion, but stop trying to force everyone else to live by it. We are not a country ruled by religion, you should be happy about that. Unless you'd prefer to live in a place like Afghanistan.
Umm, I got presents from Santa. I never got anything from Jesus. Ergo, Santa is more realistic than Jesus.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:42 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Which is predominantly Judeo-Christian.
You really need to go back to high-school.

Anglo Saxon law was not based on Judeo-Christian laws. It was based on old Germanic and Latin laws and beliefs, which were influenced by Roman law (which existed before Christ was born) and other tribal customs and laws.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:46 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Can I read the bible and God's word? Yes.
Unless you can read the original old Hebrew and Aramaic, it was written in, then no, you can't. so how do you know that the "english" version you read is actually "God's" word?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies