Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 07:19 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Are you serious?? You are advocating making laws based on your personal religious beliefs. ALL citizens would have to follow those laws. How is that not forcing other people to live by your beliefs? What you're advocating goes way beyond posts on a message board.

Are you serious? You do live in America don't you? Where do you think we got our laws anyway? I swear schools don't teach a thing anymore.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:20 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Next it will be to legalize marriage with your pet dog or cat. Just wait and see.
LifeSiteNews Mobile | ‘Marriage equality’ means legalized polygamy too: Slate columnist
Why does it matter to you?

It's because of that silly book you base your life on, isn't it?

I can't believe people like yourself own computers. Did you know that everything in your entire world that's complex was created by people that think your beliefs are complete nonsense. How does that make you feel?

Old 04-17-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Umm, I got presents from Santa. I never got anything from Jesus. Ergo, Santa is more realistic than Jesus.
That is because you never looked, you got many things from God but you won't accept that there is a God so you don't look at the gift card to see His name.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
Why does it matter to you?

It's because of that silly book you base your life on, isn't it?

I can't believe people like yourself own computers. Did you know that everything in your entire world that's complex was created by people that think your beliefs are complete nonsense. How does that make you feel?
And did you know some of the greatest thinkers to have ever lived were/are religious and believed/believe in God?

Old 04-17-2013, 07:25 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
No, it doesn't make sense in the real world in which we actually live. Again, the foolishness you posted before would only make sense if everybody in the world was gay. That is obviously not the case, nor will it ever be the case. So gay people are not going to cause the extermination of the human race. Anyone who thinks that is true is simply paranoid and delusional. And not that it matters, I am not gay. I only point that out because your response to me seemed to assume that I am gay (referring to a world that I've supposedly needed to create) simply because I pointed out the fallacy in your argument. You don't have to be gay to comprehend the ignorance and bigotry hurled at gay people on a daily basis. Nor do you have to be gay to believe that all human beings should be treated equally and with respect.
No I quickly changed it to gay advocate platform and I guess you posted before that got in.

I don't think you are getting the point and jumping in on opportunity to complain, and its not addressing or understanding the facts in the issue. A few analogies and it will work out fine.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:25 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Umm, I got presents from Santa. I never got anything from Jesus. Ergo, Santa is more realistic than Jesus.
Jesus gives me some great tacos every afternoon when he and his food cart show up to my work.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:27 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Are you serious? You do live in America don't you? Where do you think we got our laws anyway? I swear schools don't teach a thing anymore.
From my Canadian perspective when I hear poor black or white kids speak...it seems that they are not just illiterate buy they don't even have a simple grasp of the spoken English language. The only place where kids are taught anything to day is in the home. My kids are all doing well as adults...Anything of value they learned they learned from me. I always watched informative programs...I read - I indulged myself in music and art...I set the tone in the household that leaning was a positive thing. It depends on the parents- if the parents hate knowledge the kids are going to do the same.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
You really need to go back to high-school.

Anglo Saxon law was not based on Judeo-Christian laws. It was based on old Germanic and Latin laws and beliefs, which were influenced by Roman law (which existed before Christ was born) and other tribal customs and laws.

Doen't matter. OUR laws today are based on Judeo-Christian laws.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Unless you can read the original old Hebrew and Aramaic, it was written in, then no, you can't. so how do you know that the "english" version you read is actually "God's" word?
Because I trust in the interpreters. How do you know any text books we read now have been translated right?

Old 04-17-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I'm sure jjrose and her wife are raising their children just as well as any mother and father led household.
But children do best growing up with their father and mother living together in the same home. Every child deserves to have a mother and a father but not every adult deserves to have a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies