Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 07:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
They Got Same Sex Marriage, Now They Want Legalized Polygamy:
Uh, yeah...

[the desperation is pathetic]

Old 04-17-2013, 07:38 PM

596 posts, read 730,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Are you serious? You do live in America don't you? Where do you think we got our laws anyway? I swear schools don't teach a thing anymore.
Wow, your ignorance is truly astonishing! Do you even comprehend the concept of separation of church and state? No matter how much you've twisted the truth around in your mind, our laws are not based on religion. You're the one for whom school has obviously fallen very short of its goal to provide an adequate education.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
No I quickly changed it to gay advocate platform and I guess you posted before that got in.

I don't think you are getting the point and jumping in on opportunity to complain, and its not addressing or understanding the facts in the issue. A few analogies and it will work out fine.
I'm not complaining about anything. Simply pointing out that your argument is baseless and makes no sense. Your continuing to repeat the same foolishness does not magically make it true.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:42 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,073 times
You guys are missing the difference between freedom to choose...and encouraging with support and promotion a certain path.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:43 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
But children require parents, preferably living together with them. So many children do not have that now so why do we want more children set up not to have their mother and father living in the same home as they do?
And so many children produced by heterosexuals are tossed out like garbage.

BTW. My wife and I have 3 children. Do they not deserve the same protections that marriage provides?

Old 04-17-2013, 07:44 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
But children do best growing up with their father and mother living together in the same home.
That's not necessarily true. There are some studies out there that show, on average, 2 gay parents provide a better environment for raising children than 2 opposite sex parents. If you think about it, gay parents (on average) plan for parenthood more. Two married men or two married women aren't going to have an unplanned child they aren't prepared to raise.

Quote:
Every child deserves to have a mother and a father but not every adult deserves to have a child.
Every child deserves a home with parents who are capable of providing a loving, nurturing, safe, and engaging environment.

Again, I'm sure jjrose and her wife are providing every bit the home for their children as any mother/father led household. I take it you very much disagree? Do you think jjrose's children should be removed?

Old 04-17-2013, 07:44 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
I'm not complaining about anything. Simply pointing out that your argument is baseless and makes no sense. Your continuing to repeat the same foolishness does not magically make it true.
If you cannot properly point out exactly what the objection is from any of my quotes in their complete form, then what can I say..?

Old 04-17-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
If you cannot point out exactly what the objection is properly.. from any of my quotes in their complete form, then what can I say..?
I've already pointed out exactly where/how you are incorrect. If you can't comprehend that, then what can I say?

Old 04-17-2013, 07:47 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
So they got same sex marriage and not they want multiple spousal duties? All I can say is that both of these things are not real marriages so why are we worried. Marriage to the same sex is not real marriage- we all know that- and marriage to more than one person is not a real marriage.
Tell it to the bible:

King David's Wives - Wives of King David in the Bible
Quote:
Jewish Women says that equating Eglah with Michal was the rabbis' way of bringing David's marriages into line with the requirements of Deuteronomy 17:17, a law of Torah which mandates that the king "shall not have many wives." David had six wives while he ruled in Hebron as king of Judah. While there, the prophet Nathan tells David in 2 Samuel 12:8: "I would give you twice as much over," which the rabbis interpret to mean that the number of David's existing wives could be tripled: from six to 18. David brought his number of spouses to seven when he later married Bathsheba in Jerusalem, so David had well under the maximum of 18 wives.
It's good to be king.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:48 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Fine but in a society where free speech is allowed we can say what we believe. We aren't a communist country----yet.

Also, many interpret the bible to say whatever they want it to say so I find religion to be very helpful. Jesus started the Catholic Church just for that reason. Jesus was not against religion or He would not have started one. He knew we all needed a society of people to depend on, we are social beings.
Seriously?

The people who edited a book written, in most part, AFTER the death of Jesus says that they are the right ones.

Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies