Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2013, 05:38 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
The bigotry of the right never ceases to amaze me. So glad I got off that train when I did.
how is it bigotry to want a system of immigration to be beneficial to this nation and see people bases of there skills and ability, not there skin color? how is that bigotry? how is that racist?

Old 04-25-2013, 05:39 PM

62,982 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Source?...

I believe if it were European whites (no matter how they would vote if they were able to naturalize later) there would be no resistance from Republicans even if they came illegally...

She's called the "Asian Ann Coulter", and can be just as inane...
You'd be wrong then. Do you actually think that if these were conservative European whites coming here today illegally that the Democrats would be talking amnesty? Pot, kettle, black.

Are you denying that many hospitals haven't had to close due to non-payment patients? Do you actually believe that many of these patients aren't illegals? Remember that source I cited before about Parkland Hospital in Dallas? They may not have had to close but a lot of the costs they have had to absorb was from mothers in our country illegally giving birth in their hospital and that is just the tip of the iceberg of what goes on all over our country.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
how is it bigotry to want a system of immigration to be beneficial to this nation and see people bases of there skills and ability, not there skin color? how is that bigotry? how is that racist?
It isn't and so you won't get a viable answer to your questions from the left, liberals and ethnocentrics.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
usually used by anti-immigrant xenophobes that wretch at the thought that American citizen children born on US soil with illegal aliens parents have as much rights as they...
I did not know that wanting the rule of law to be enforced blindly not seeing race or nationality was xenophobic.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Right, because the "sophisticated white women" should be incubators and breed litters to keep our society white. I'm SO sorry I had just one child, when clearly, I should have had 8 or 9.
I have no problem with immigrants. I love their music, their culture, their food and their company.

when then why do you hater you our music, culture, food, and company?

if you hate yours and love theirs...leave your nation. Why bring their nation to yours?

Old 04-25-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It isn't and so you won't get a viable answer to your questions from the left, liberals and ethnocentrics.
of course not they are ideologues they don't care are facts,logic and common sense.. that care about being king of the hill ruling over a kingdom they control, they know they cant get people in this and many western nations to vote for there Statist Collectivist policy's that are so clearly a failure in the 3rd world so that have to stack the deck with 3rd world votes who have grown up and lived in these poverty stricken, low wage, tyrannical hell holes, who have be so indoctrinated they think that is the only choice, so the must import them to "cast the votes Americans don't want to cast"

Old 04-25-2013, 06:06 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,849,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
So do you believe in the original intent of the 14th amendment? From your post you do & is a hypocrite.

Again her parents were legally in the country. Big difference in lawful presence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I'll end it here since you refuse to answer the question which leaves you standing as a hypocrite.

Quote:
"Every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country."
You make the distinction that Michelle Malkin's parents were legally present, and thus (by your reasoning) she is a citizen, but quote Senator Howard (whom you did not credit for the quote, with the quote leading the discussion before the 14th Amendment was ratified) excluding (by your reasoning) "foreigners" and "aliens"...

Were Michelle's parents "foreigners" and/or "aliens"?...

Old 04-25-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You make the distinction that Michelle Malkin's parents were legally present, and thus (by your reasoning) she is a citizen, but quote Senator Howard (whom you did not credit for the quote, with the quote leading the discussion before the 14th Amendment was ratified) excluding (by your reasoning) "foreigners" and "aliens"...

Were Michelle's parents "foreigners" and/or "aliens"?...
Yes, "legal" foreigners and/or aliens.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:01 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
100% correct.

I would go even further and stop ALL legal immigration for at least a decade. This country is rapidly approaching critical mass, and in some areas, it has already surpassed it.

The idea of taking 3rd world peoples (no this isnt a race issue) and throwing them into our high tech, modern, and civilized society is not a good idea under any circumstances.

It will result in nothing but problems.
I think legal immigration is a far worse problem than illegal immigration.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:47 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,841,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
100% correct.

I would go even further and stop ALL legal immigration for at least a decade. This country is rapidly approaching critical mass, and in some areas, it has already surpassed it.

The idea of taking 3rd world peoples (no this isnt a race issue) and throwing them into our high tech, modern, and civilized society is not a good idea under any circumstances.

It will result in nothing but problems.
I agree, good post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies