Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:07 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's been a while since you have been on a playground, huh. The three letter "f" word and the "q" word are tossed around pretty casually there. Kids reflect their parents biases without adult restraint. Being a big fan of a gay player might get somebody beat up even in 21st century America. Maybe things will change.
I guess that's why my kid doesn't toss those words around like confetti. His parents don't have a gay bias. My son grew up around gays. It wasn't "catching".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Would being gay hurt a players endorsement income? Will Nike drop a player who is openly gay or promote them even more being Nike is probably a liberal-owned company?

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
So did John Amechi. NObody cared then and nobody cares about this guy. Most won't even know who the hell he even is. Of course we'll see how far the salivating media will run with this one.

""I'm a 34-year-old NBA center. I'm black. And I'm gay," he wrote."

He's got the liberal victim card on full display now.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:10 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Would being gay hurt a players endorsement income? Will Nike drop a player who is openly gay or promote them even more being Nike is probably a liberal-owned company?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So did John Amechi. NObody cared then and nobody cares about this guy. Most won't even know who the hell he even is. Of course we'll see how far the salivating media will run with this one.

""I'm a 34-year-old NBA center. I'm black. And I'm gay," he wrote."

He's got the liberal victim card on full display now.
Don't see how a sexual preference towards a certain gender is "liberal" or "conservative"

Sounds like you fellas can't tackle complex issues.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He is a 34 year old free agent, he may never get a gig again. So not sure how active he is and besides there was another gay NBA player who came out before.

I think this guy is smart. By saying he is gay he kind if forces a team to pick him up lest folks call the NBA anti-gay for not picking him up.
Vikings drafted a punter in this years NFL draft. Their current punter is already hinting that his stance for gay rights is why they are trying to "run him outta the league" so to say.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Don't see how a sexual preference towards a certain gender is "liberal" or "conservative"

Sounds like you fellas can't tackle complex issues.
Liberals are always looking for their next victim. If you can't see the obvious then you aren't paying attention.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:15 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
If he just plays the sport and keeps his mouth shut about his personal fetishes I would be fine with him.

But that is a rare quality in the people who feel the need to let everyone know who turns them on.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:16 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Why is it so important that they "come out"? What's wrong with privacy?
I think that may be against the law. JK

Old 04-29-2013, 11:17 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Doesn't know why it makes a difference.
You are in denial about the country you live in. It will make a huge difference. There is much anti-gay bias still afoot and very few people want to deal with the idea of their college and pro sports heroes being less than the supermen they want them to be. Will we adjust? In time, sure. But this is just one more blow to an already divided nation.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:17 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If he just plays the sport and keeps his mouth shut about his personal fetishes I would be fine with him.

But that is a rare quality in the people who feel the need to let everyone know who turns them on.
Fetishes?

*takes off glasses and rubs eyes*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies