Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 01:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Personal views are personal and private. My personal views are mine...The personal life of someone else is their personal life- I don't want to hear about yours when it comes to what you do with your genitals...It's not important...
Interesting belief from someone who has posted, over and over, the details of his personal life.

Are you more important than the gay athlete coming out? Is there a reason YOU can share so much but the gay athlete isn't allowed to? Don't like hearing about gay athletes? Too bad. They have a right to speak out just as much as you do.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-29-2013 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: Brevity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
You're not allowed to have a negative view of it. Even sports news sites slam those who say anything not glowing of gays. Its to the point where you are forced to say nothing or reap a wrath of fire for saying anything.
And do you think they should tolerate people saying nasty things about the deaf? Or how about Asians?

Are you upset that even sports isn't a "safe space" for cavemen? Like kinda how some white people get mad when they get taken to task for using the "N" word like they used to be able to back in the day when "men were men and nobody cared about PC bullcrap?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt1
And to those who say you've been in a locker room with a gay before, but didn't know it. That's the point. When you now know, it is completely different. Its not fair to the normal people in the locker room. I as a man, who likes women, can't be in a womens shower or locker room. Gays should not be allowed in the locker room or showers of the sex they are attracted to either
Lockerrooms and bathrooms aren't segregated by sexual preference. They are segregated by sex.

You go where the plumbing matches everyone else.

Not every gay man wants you. Not every woman wants you. Usually those who believe the gay guys want to hang off their jock are the ugliest dudes walking around.

If someone of the same sex hits on you, mature individuals who are not gay can use the same strategy they employ when warding off unwanted advances from the opposite sex: "Sorry, not interested... or, even better: "Sorry, not gay." That will take care of the problem 99% of the time.

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That might be OK for a old, has been center, but what if the gay player is your franchise player - the QB, the all-star point guard, home run slugger, the goalie?

No one cares, and you're fishing for hate so you can whine about it and act superior.

Liberals are one-trick ponies.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:42 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I rest my case.

Jason Collins -- And The First Pro Athlete to Make a Homophobic Tweet Is ... | TMZ.com

Anyone that says anything that is glowing gets demonized and labeled as scared of homos. Free speech does not exist anymore. What he said wasnt even bad. Yet, since it dared not to be glowing, Wallace gets slammed and labeled. ********* media and the rest of you.

Again, it takes courage to speak unflattering of homos, not to "come out".
I guess folks aren't allowed to have an opinion. Reminds me let me check out Eric Williams feed he's been going hard on the homosexuals lately. It's kind of funny but he tends to over do it.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:48 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Interesting belief from someone who has posted, over and over, the details of his personal life. Including, correct me if this is wrong, the fact that you have children from a woman you never married. So you like sharing what you do with YOUR genitals..... but you don't want to hear from anyone else.

It gets even better, when he has broadcast so much private details to complete strangers that the internet at large knows that he was also breastfed, and as a result is "over" breasts... but did you know that he enjoys the company of a young women, including some "very hot and bright African females?"

How would I know this? WHY do we know this? Easy: Posted information on the internet... talk about TMI, and then these same people have the nerve to talk about what should be private.

Of course, not a problem in the real world... people talk about sex, relationships, their private lives, what and who they are attracted to. Just SOME people believe that they do not have to meet standards they set for others.

The same ones who complain about anyone "broadcasting their private lives" appear to have no problem with wedding announcements, television shows, gossip mags, etc.

Hypocricy, pure, unadulterated hypocricy.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
He will receive much less hate than Stacy Dash coming out as a Republican.
You're born gay.
God only knows what makes someone become a republican

Old 04-29-2013, 01:54 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
The only people this will affect are homophobic idiots.

And yes, I've been in the locker room with people who I knew was gay, and it didn't affect me one bit.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:57 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Being older - I remember the movie star Rock Hudson who portrayed the handsome ladies man. He became rich and famous due to this fraud. The man was gay and conned the viewing public. If he had revealed that he was gay he would not have had a career. With sports heroes who are gay - and of course this is a very very tiny demographic..their careers would suffer...so what is the point of revealing someones private life? Why does sexuality have to be a big deal? What was wrong with the old way where private was private?
Take the sexuality out of it.
This man probably either has a partner that he's been hiding, or would like to one day have a partner that he won't want to hide.
Coming out and saying that he's gay will negate any shock (for lack of a better word) later when he's in public with his boyfriend or maybe some day husband. If suddenly he appears with another man it's going to be a bigger deal because there is going to be first the "is he or isn't he" then the "he is" followed by the "why was he hiding it?" and all that nonsense.

And yes, Rock Hudson would not have had a career if it was known that he was gay, but thank God our society has grown up since then. An openly gay actor now may not be the leading man in a hetero romantic movie, but would certainly not have problems finding work today.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:01 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
An openly gay actor now may not be the leading man in a hetero romantic movie, but would certainly not have problems finding work today.
Neil Patrick Harris.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:02 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,184,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
It does, I do not proclaim my sexuality to the world. Do what you want, but I don't need to hear about it. It is ones personal business.
But you don't hide it or deliberately pretend to be something else do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies