Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 01:24 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Homosexuality is shunned in the sports world, that is proven by all the athletes who talk about it in interviews. Your argument has been completely based on how the outside media looks at it, but you have no idea of how this players teammates will look at it. your argument has no basis in the players profession.
You're not allowed to have a negative view of it. Even sports news sites slam those who say anything not glowing of gays. Its to the point where you are forced to say nothing or reap a wrath of fire for saying anything.

And to those who say you've been in a locker room with a gay before, but didn't know it. That's the point. When you now know, it is completely different. Its not fair to the normal people in the locker room. I as a man, who likes women, can't be in a womens shower or locker room. Gays should not be allowed in the locker room or showers of the sex they are attracted to either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 01:25 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,594,471 times
Noone would know who he is. This is a move to grab attention.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:28 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,057,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
You're not allowed to have a negative view of it. Even sports news sites slam those who say anything not glowing of gays. Its to the point where you are forced to say nothing or reap a wrath of fire for saying anything.

And to those who say you've been in a locker room with a gay before, but didn't know it. That's the point. When you now know, it is completely different. Its not fair to the normal people in the locker room. I as a man, who likes women, can't be in a womens shower or locker room. Gays should not be allowed in the locker room or showers of the sex they are attracted to either
Real men know that gays have been in locker rooms since locker rooms were invented, and no one's been relentlessly and unwantingly horn dogging them yet....

It's idiots and fools who get worried about '"gays" being around them.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:28 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
How many college grads to do you know that are either unemployed or having to take a job beneath them?

He wouldn't be making a million bucks a year without football and no one would be listening to his boring opinions.
That much is very true. Find me a college graduate who makes what is the league min now $750K?? Aint happening very often.

Now the media is monitoring every tweeter feed or press conference all over the country trying to seek out somebody to say something non PC so they can jump up and down and scream homophobe. Like I mentioned before John Amaechi came "out" and nobody cared much. I guess that was back when liberals were told to support Clinton's DOMA he signed though. Now they are told different and follow along like the useful idiots they are.

As for Kluwe there is no "I" in "team" is still a mainstay. Look at Dwight Howard. He'll be on the move again most likely.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:31 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

Question Mr. Normal: bisexuals?

Where do they shower? Use a garden hose out back?

Old 04-29-2013, 01:31 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
I always figured a lot of football players were gay, the way they go around slapped each other on the butt and all. Anywho, I'm not sure why this is a big deal. Who cares.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:32 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,661,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
One of my young nephews asked me that question a few years ago. I told the kid that it is about never having a family. About not having real power or personal autonomy and that the idea was being perpetuated in order to control people..that the idea is best avoided. I had to tell him the truth...That the novelty of gay was not something that he would benefit by...and this kid is very profit motivated...He does not want to take a secondary role in society...What I have noticed is some of his friends on FB define themselves as gay because taught to them that it is cool...Not a lot you can do about it when gay is now taught as something to participate in even if you are not gay. The whole phenomena is confusing and dishonest...plus it is politically motivated....I say let nature take it's course and stay out of the developing sexual lives of young people.
Lying to your nephew in this way was reprehensible.

For all you know he was seeking a safe context in which to make a disclosure to a trusted uncle, but you prevented him from doing that, or from thinking that he was a worthwhile person who is of value regardless of his sexuality.

The idea that being gay is "politically motivated" is close to the dumbest thing I have ever read here.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:33 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Default First gay major sports player comes out. Will this ruin pro sports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Veteran NBA Center Jason Collins:

The floodgates will now be opened. One can only wonder where this will lead. Will this diminish the stature of professional athletes? Will straight children now look to gay men as role models? What happens when players on opposite sides of the ball are married to each other? We have brothers facing each other now, but husbands and "wives"?

Well...

Basketball players do run around in underwear...

Old 04-29-2013, 01:36 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,013,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
That much is very true. Find me a college graduate who makes what is the league min now $750K?? Aint happening very often.

Now the media is monitoring every tweeter feed or press conference all over the country trying to seek out somebody to say something non PC so they can jump up and down and scream homophobe. Like I mentioned before John Amaechi came "out" and nobody cared much. I guess that was back when liberals were told to support Clinton's DOMA he signed though. Now they are told different and follow along like the useful idiots they are.

As for Kluwe there is no "I" in "team" is still a mainstay. Look at Dwight Howard. He'll be on the move again most likely.
Well, the people that tweet about this are big kids. They can prepare themselves for the firestorm of indignation.

For example, I am a hardcore conservative/libertarian. I "came out" at work which is dominated by liberals. I knew it wouldn't be all unicorns and rainbows for me, but I'm a big girl. I don't force my views on anyone, but if someone strikes up a political conversation with me, I will share my opinions. Has this impacted my career since my boss is a serious lefty? I don't know, but I'm not going to compromise my principles for a boost in my bonus.

Of course, my support of gay marriage really confuses them, because I don't fit into a nice, neat little box!

Old 04-29-2013, 01:37 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I have straight and gay role models. I also have both male and female role models.
Why would it matter if a straight child looked up to a gay athlete? They are looking up to his playing ability, not his sex life. Maybe, just maybe, it will be good for gay youngsters to have someone to look up to.

Why would it matter if players are on opposite teams? They are there to do a job.

If a child doesn't see his or her heroes across the dinner table, homosexual sports figures probably won't help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies