Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 07:04 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,030,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
That is a nice unprovable sentiment, but if there is no need for a business' service, then no matter the ease of regulations in openning or running a business has little effect on need of services.

There are tons of small businesses thriving...why? Because there is a need for thier sevices. They seem to be able to handle Obama's tyranny.

Many small business owners are figuring how to get around Obama's anti-small business policies. I used to have many employees. Now I hire sub contractors. To many hoops I had to jump through with employees. Now I just send the contractor a check and he can be the acrobat. My life is getting much less stressful since now I only have 6 people to babysit. And I was talking to my wife over the weekend and I am going to downsize even more. Someday I hope to be a one man operation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 09:56 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
This is why I support Universal Healthcare and removing healthcare from employment. Doing that removes some of the risk of leaving a larger company with a healthplan to pursue small business interests. It is a shame the Republicans shot down that idea.
so your plan is universal healthcare. how would you pay for it? what kind of regulation would you be wanting? and what kind of costs are we talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
That's funny. I was pretty sure the Republicans have been arguing that Obamacare and tax rates and business regulations are what keep companies from hiring, not demand.
anytime you increase the cost of doing business, employers are going to find a way to cut those costs to the bone if they can. that usually means cutting employees one way or another, and not hiring when things improve, but rather get the most out of the employees left.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:31 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so your plan is universal healthcare. how would you pay for it? what kind of regulation would you be wanting? and what kind of costs are we talking about?
Since countries that have universal single-payer insurance have lower costs than we do, the cost will decrease not increase, a savings for the Treasury.
Quote:
anytime you increase the cost of doing business, employers are going to find a way to cut those costs to the bone if they can. that usually means cutting employees one way or another, and not hiring when things improve, but rather get the most out of the employees left.
That's just one of many excuses. John Boehner said two years ago that business uncertainty about taxes was dragging hiring. Yet, even after the Bush tax-cuts were extended hiring was the same.

Obamacare wasn't a thought in 2008, when most of the job losses occurred. It's just an excuse.

Customers and sales drive hiring.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Default Ok, the Job Creators have been treated royally, why won't they hire?

Oh, but they HAVE been hiring. In China, India, and Bangladesh. Anywhere the labor is at slave-wage levels.

The so-called "American" corporations just have a real aversion to hiring Americans.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:39 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
That's funny. I was pretty sure the Republicans have been arguing that Obamacare and tax rates and business regulations are what keep companies from hiring, not demand.
The Repubs have been working very hard at trying to keep demand for products as low as they can.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:41 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,425,615 times
Quote:
big business isnt the job creation engine in this country, its the SMALL business owners that are, and this administration has continually crapped on them since he was elected.
Quote:
Hiring is not based on feel good policy but is rather a business decision. If a business can make a more substantial profit by hiring, they hire. If they can't then they won't hire. Right now the economy is still too sluggish and manufacturing is still down. Then there is the poison pill of Obamacare. Hiring will be directly affected.
Exactly, went after small business and now they have less money to work with to grow their business in turn hire more people as the business grows. The economy is growing too slowly and having to deal with Obamacare.

People, there is a big difference between people who's profit (including retained earnings) is $200k and the big business you thought you were going after.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:43 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,498,655 times
Quote:
the Job Creators have been treated royally, why won't they hire?
Why? Greed has a lot to do with it. It's a 'buyers' market as far as labor is concerned. Many, probably most employers are piling work on existing employees to find the breaking point. Productivity numbers are up. Workers are afraid/unable to quit to find other work. So many employers take advantage of the situation. Pay increases have been small, if at all. Look at what's happing with the profits and high-level salaries at many employers. Up, up and up. Many smaller businesses continue to struggle, but even in that segment many employers are seeing increased profitability. But they've never been the real concern of many of our political leaders. Another contributing factor: instability in Congress.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:44 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
It is pretty obvious that the Bush and Obama Administrations have been very kind to big business interests. TARP, low tax rates, low interest rates,etc. Why don't businesses want to hire people in the country that saved their asses?

Simple question. Discuss.
Biggest reason is they have no idea how Obama care will do

Old 05-13-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
It is pretty obvious that the Bush and Obama Administrations have been very kind to big business interests. TARP, low tax rates, low interest rates,etc. Why don't businesses want to hire people in the country that saved their asses?

Simple question. Discuss.
Fiddlehead, people, particularly the right, has been telling you that this will happened but you didn't want to hear it. Those who can not find a job will have to deal with the results.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Agree with you somewhat

The only issue I have is that they were NOT job creators.
Then who is and where are they.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies