Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 01:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Democrats don't give a chit about Black folks. Hell, Democrats don't give a chit about anyone.
Republicans don't give a chit about White folks. Hell, Republicans don't give a chit about anyone.

In conclusion, Democrats and Republicans don't give a chit about anyone but themselves. Of course, the Blue and Red kool-aid drinkers still don't comprehend this. Pages and pages of Blue and Red kool-aid threads can be found at City-Data.
I think your statements are a bit unfair and unfounded. Whether our politicians really do what they say they will is one thing, to say, they really don't care is another. I happen to think everyone that enters politics has an agenda and wants to help the country. I just think they soon learn it is easier said than done. They also may have ideas they think will work, but are really not that popular or they learn they have to give to get. Thus they often disappoint because we do not realize how the country really works. Now, have the blacks been helped by the Democrats? I don't really think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 08:20 PM

258 posts, read 238,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
none of that even make sense, you mind explaining why Democrats would want that since you claim they are purposefully doing it ?
Why would anyone want people to be dependent on them? For power. If someone is in control of your meal ticket, you will be much more likely to be compliant with their words and actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
So basically, you are not actually interested in an answer. Got it.

I like the "even if" part, as if there were any doubt that there's an outright majority of bigots within the Republican Party. Nice try, but not accepted. And the absurd swipe at Planned Parenthood is cute, too.
I'm interested if someone can come up with a legitimate reason for what the Democratic Party has done for blacks in the last 40 years

No one has been interested in making that case and mostly have avoided attempts altogether like you just did in this particular post

Old 05-31-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I have to ask...How is the Democrats promoting abortion & sex? I've read all of your responses, you've gone from a questioning a particular race constitutional right to then pushing your opinions about Blacks as if it was valid and apply to all Blacks. Neither party have given an incentive to vote for them, that Lovely piece of paper called the Constitution is my incentive, history is my incentive as well as the future. I have voted for both Democratics and Republicans.

As far as these programs that many of you truely believe that ONLY minorities take advantage of, try again. They are geared towards low income families. Low Income is not segregated towards minorities.
They are disproportionately geared toward minorities. And the political leanings of the Planned Parenthood and those in Hollywood should be quite obvious.

They are all about making kids at younger and younger ages obsess over sex and to see it as some fun activity that even children can partake in.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:28 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTC View Post
They are disproportionately geared toward minorities. And the political leanings of the Planned Parenthood and those in Hollywood should be quite obvious.

They are all about making kids at younger and younger ages obsess over sex and to see it as some fun activity that even children can partake in.

You can blame it on planned parenthood and hollywood all you want. In reality, it's what these kids learn on the internet.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTC View Post
There is no one on the Earth that doesn't have a point of view. I'm not like the propaganda machine the media which pretends it is objective and wants to hear all sides when it forces one point of view down our throat-- The corporate point of view. Or the system of morals by those who own it while mocking any opposition

Now you say Democrats are lesser of two evils. But how do you come to that conclusion?

What policies are in place that benefit blacks more? Or hurt blacks a little less?

How does the dependency bubble, abortion, Hollywood blaxploitation hurt blacks less?
Why not ask what the Republican had done for black folks post-Lincoln up until FDR?

Oh yea...I know the answer. In 4 words...not a damn thing.

What you're doing is asking blacks to justify to you personally why they vote the way they do. And my answer is always the same: don't worry about it. If you're not black, its really not your business anyway, nor do blacks owe you an explanation.

If you must have an answer, then accept "because I feel like it."

Frankly, most blacks don't expect the democrats to do anything for them. I'd simply rather have them running the country than having the Republicans run it. I'll take care of myself without assistance from the Democratic party.

Besides, the Republican party is hostile to blacks, and I'm not into self-flagellation.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think your statements are a bit unfair and unfounded. Whether our politicians really do what they say they will is one thing, to say, they really don't care is another. I happen to think everyone that enters politics has an agenda and wants to help the country. I just think they soon learn it is easier said than done. They also may have ideas they think will work, but are really not that popular or they learn they have to give to get. Thus they often disappoint because we do not realize how the country really works. Now, have the blacks been helped by the Democrats? I don't really think so.
So what? How have you as a white female been helped by the Republicans?

The Democrats aren't the saviors of black people nor have they ever claimed to be. Blacks would rather have the Dems running the country than the Republicans. Millions of people from other races feel the same way, so how is that not a valid position to take?

The poster you replied to is right...neither one of these parties is doing much of anything for non corporate or non millionaire types. It takes far too much money to win a seat in Washington for them to be bothered with the likes of you and I. They just want us around when they need the votes.

The average white is benefiting no more from being a Republican than the average black benefits from being a Democrat. I don't know why Conservative whites can't come to grips with that fact.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So what? How have you as a white female been helped by the Republicans?

The Democrats aren't the saviors of black people nor have they ever claimed to be. Blacks would rather have the Dems running the country than the Republicans. Millions of people from other races feel the same way, so how is that not a valid position to take?

The poster you replied to is right...neither one of these parties is doing much of anything for non corporate or non millionaire types. It takes far too much money to win a seat in Washington for them to be bothered with the likes of you and I. They just want us around when they need the votes.

The average white is benefiting no more from being a Republican than the average black benefits from being a Democrat. I don't know why Conservative whites can't come to grips with that fact.
The Democratic party has constantly marketed themselves as a party for minorities and those who are in the lower class economically.

Yet you think it's irrelevant that it's so difficult to name something that they've done that has tangibly benefited that said group over the last 40 years?

Is that really what you have resorted to? You say that it doesn't matter, and that you don't need a reason to vote for a political party. Have you any idea how ignorant and irresponsible that is?

No one is campaigning for Republicans. But at least the rhetoric for conservatives actually matches the system of values.

Blacks, especially Black Christians voting for Obama is overwhelmingly ironic considering he's probably the most pro abortion, pro gay marriage President in history. Not to mention he's actually heightened the drug war. Just like he's heightened the erosion of civil liberties that was under the Bush administration
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies