Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 10:35 PM

258 posts, read 238,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Something about welfare. FDR established the framework for welfare in the USA. Alot of Whites benefited from government programs. I didn't see much "dependence". By saying that welfare hurts Black people, you would basically be saying "Blacks are inherently lazy and should be forced to work". I never heard any of this when it came to the New Deal.

And what is this "these people"?
The New Deal was hardly comparable to the systems we had throughout the 70s, 80s, and 90s. We're talking social welfare in terms of a system set up that actually gives people economic incentive to have singe parent families combined with a system of morals pushed by the entertainment that is damaging for the black community.

It's not about inherent laziness as it is human nature when you create a disincentive for good behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
I asked the question first. What incentives have Republicans given Blacks to vote for them?
Again as from the get go I said neither party is beneficial to the American public.

But what makes the Democratic party LESS detrimental than the Republican party other than your FEELINGS?

How is promotion of abortion, casual sex, and dependency more beneficial?

See a lot of programs on the surface sound good but they are implicitly telling children especially that they are not equal. That they need all these extra handicaps to make it in life because their brains aren't as good as their white counterparts. This victim mentality in addition to several other programs has been devastating.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:39 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
They won't enslave you as their pets - you can learn to feed and clothe yourselves so you will be treated like equals. Isn't that what you've claimed to want all along?
Blacks already know how to work and clothe themselves. It is a choice to live off of welfare. It is a choice to live off of the government. It is also a choice to work and do for one's self. Considering that most Blacks are working, don't live off of welfare, there is another reason Blacks are voting for Democrats in large numbers besides welfare. If it was all about welfare, most Black people would be on it.

And Blacks certain do not feel wanted or welcomed by the Republican Party. Ask yourself why that is. Why is it that Michael Steele walked away from the RNC?

Old 05-23-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Blacks already know how to work and clothe themselves. It is a choice to live off of welfare. It is a choice to live off of the government. It is also a choice to work and do for one's self. Considering that most Blacks are working, don't live off of welfare, there is another reason Blacks are voting for Democrats in large numbers besides welfare. If it was all about welfare, most Black people would be on it.

And Blacks certain do not feel wanted or welcomed by the Republican Party. Ask yourself why that is. Why is it that Michael Steele walked away from the RNC?
So you admit it's about FEELINGS. Democrats make you FEEL better, just like the guy who lies to girls and says he loves her just to get sex.

They make you FEEL good. It's no tangible benefit. It's just a "come on baby you know I love you" type of relationship.

Thanks for your honesty

Old 05-23-2013, 10:40 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Actually the question is why republicans don't do more for them
Actually, the question is why does anyone expect any political party or government entity to do anything for them?

Why don't people do for themselves.

Democrats are the party of gimmes - they sell their vote in exchange for giving people who don't want to work goodies.

Republicans understand the purpose of government - to secure our god-given rights.

To that end the GOP seeks to provide a climate where opportunity and liberty can abound, and people can achieve their objectives, and prosper.

Liberals are anti-opportunity, and anti-liberty.

Democrats(liberals) want people to be enslaved to big government.

Republicans only want government to exercise its contitutionally sanctioned functions.

Democratic policies over the past 40 years have treated black voters like children, rather than as the intelligent and mature adults that they are.

The home of the black American citizen is with the GOP - the Democratic Party only wants that voting block on its plantation so it can keep them in perpetual slavery to big government dependence.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:42 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Actually, the question is why does anyone expect any political party or government entity to do anything for them?

Why don't people do for themselves.

Democrats are the party of gimmes - they sell their vote in exchange for giving people who don't want to work goodies.

Republicans understand the purpose of government - to secure our god-given rights.

To that end the GOP seeks to provide a climate where opportunity and liberty can abound, and people can achieve their objectives, and prosper.

Liberals are anti-opportunity, and anti-liberty.

Democrats(liberals) want people to be enslaved to big government.

Republicans only want government to exercise its contitutionally sanctioned functions.

Democratic policies over the past 40 years have treated black voters like children, rather than as the intelligent and mature adults that they are.

The home of the black American citizen is with the GOP - the Democratic Party only wants that voting block on its plantation so it can keep them in perpetual slavery to big government dependence.

I could not agree with you more. Why is it up to the government to give aid in disasters. Leave it up to the states.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTC View Post
Again as from the get go I said neither party is beneficial to the American public.

But what makes the Democratic party LESS detrimental than the Republican party other than your FEELINGS?

How is promotion of abortion, casual sex, and dependency more beneficial?

See a lot of programs on the surface sound good but they are implicitly telling children especially that they are not equal. That they need all these extra handicaps to make it in life because their brains aren't as good as their white counterparts. This victim mentality in addition to several other programs has been devastating.
Alot of these programs were made to bridge the gap. As for welfare, it is a choice to live off of welfare. And casual sex was going on long before.

The thing is, people often overlook certain things like "morality" as long as they get theirs. Alot of people are not worried about promoting abortion, casual se, and dependency. While alot of people wouldn't do these things themselves, it is being looked at as "well, those are personal choices". I'm not saying those aren't important issues. I'm saying that if you want people to really take those issues seriously, you have to address other concerns outside of those issues. You could have a brilliant plan, and if the person you're trying to attract doesn't trust you,feels you look down on him, or has a concern that he feels is more pressing for him than what your presenting, it won't work.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:45 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I could not agree with you more. Why is it up to the government to give aid in disasters. Leave it up to the states.
Uhhh - states are governments.

In the case of a Hurrincane Sandy, Hurricane Katrina, or Moore Tornado - it is up to the governor of a state to petition the federal government for federal aid.

Don't pretend to be stupid - I am on to your game.

More to the point, you are off topic.

So, please kindly address my post.

How has the Democratic Party benefited black Americans?

Why do you think that their policies are better?

Old 05-23-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTC View Post
So you admit it's about FEELINGS. Democrats make you FEEL better, just like the guy who lies to girls and says he loves her just to get sex.

They make you FEEL good. It's no tangible benefit. It's just a "come on baby you know I love you" type of relationship.

Thanks for your honesty
Politics in general is based on feelings. It doesn't matter if your Black, White, Hispanic, Asian,etc. The only way emotion is going to be taken out of politics is if the politicians change, or if politics change. Everyone thinks based on emotions. No one is going to go for something unless they feel it will work for them. That is what makes politics work. Why are you going after Blacks in particular?

Old 05-23-2013, 10:47 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Uhhh - states are governments.

In the case of a Hurrincane Sandy, Hurricane Katrina, or Moore Tornado - it is up to the governor of a state to petition the federal government for federal aid.

Don't pretend to be stupid - I am on to your game.

More to the point, you are off topic.

So, please kindly address my post.

How has the Democratic Party benefited black Americans?

Why do you think that their policies are better?

Ok what game lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies