Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 10:29 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Growing up in a Union area I saw it a lot during strikes. I was even a victim of it when I was 10. I understand these are normally individual actions that don't represent the majority. Then again you seldom hear Union reps publicly denounce such acts either.
Strength in Unity!

This is needed for the fight against the bosses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 11:02 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
How about workers improve their skills so that they deserve a higher wage, instead of forcing a higher one at the expense of a net economy?
That would require effort on their part. The poster you replied to wants a handout, not a hand up.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:03 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Strength in Unity!

This is needed for the fight against the bosses.
2 adult men in a car chased me on my bike while I was delivering news papers during a strike. I was 10 years old.
They ran me into a curb and when I was on the ground they took my papers and threatened me.
I was 10 years old!!!
How can you possibly justify that?
vandalizing someones home? Throwing a brick threw a window? What if a child is injured? How do you justify thug tactics?
Then afterwards act like nothing happened? These are the acts of cowardly people.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
The way it works is that as soon as the amount of bus drivers decreases, the immigrants are brought into the fold, thus keeping the pay low.

Then the immigrants will gradually become more skilled thus challenging your own position, then what will you do, especially once you have neared the end of the line of improvement?

Eventually we will be left with a 'tossed aside, white working class' in favor of immigrants who will remain subservient to the master's table.

No thanks!
Well look at the White house. They seek to reward illegals and they have some Union support in this endeavor.
It amazes me that the Union is supporting the greatest scabs of all. Illegals.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:25 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:
even if they do that, then how about the replacement workers?

Why should they get stiffed here.

How about the idea of getting paid a fair wage for a fair days work?
Everyone is paid a fair wage for a fair day's work. A fair wage is whatever the market can support. There isn't a single person in this country that isn't paid a fair wage today. No one is getting stiffed. The economic market in this country is not a zero-sum game. Everyone can improve at the same time. The only way that is impossible is when government action interferes with the market and causes people to lose out.

So do you agree or disagree that workers should take it on themselves to improve their skills?

Old 06-22-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
2 adult men in a car chased me on my bike while I was delivering news papers during a strike. I was 10 years old.
They ran me into a curb and when I was on the ground they took my papers and threatened me.
I was 10 years old!!!
How can you possibly justify that?
vandalizing someones home? Throwing a brick threw a window? What if a child is injured? How do you justify thug tactics?
Then afterwards act like nothing happened? These are the acts of cowardly people.

don't deliver the papers then, innit

Old 06-22-2013, 12:39 AM

Quote:
don't deliver the papers then, innit
wow thats your answer to adults threatening a child?
ok

Old 06-22-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
So do you agree or disagree that workers should take it on themselves to improve their skills?
If all workers improve their skills then there will still be a large rump of low paid.

Even if we all got Masters degrees, this would not change as there are only a limited number of decent jobs out there at any one time.

So , this bottom layer will always be exploited under the current system, and this is why the conservative dogma is so obtuse.

And another point; why are you so keen for experienced staff to move on, simply to make way for the new crop of low paid workers?

That's not a good model.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:42 AM

Quote:
wow thats your answer to adults threatening a child?
ok
The parents are to blame here, for using their kid as a political pawn.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:47 AM

Quote:
The parents are to blame here, for using their kid as a political pawn.
NO
The adults who commit the act are to blame. They own their own actions. They dont get a free pass for being idiots. if you cant see that I am sad for you. I pray no one ever goes after your own child. If they did you might see it differently.
What if some pro company idiots singled out your kid? Nearly runs him over with a car. Knocks him down screams threats at him. Would you say not the adults fault?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies