Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 03:57 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times

Advertisements

Subjects of her Majesty and Sovereign Americans do not mix well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 04:38 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,992,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post

If Sovereign Americans get out of line Her Majesty has the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) Canada's National Police Force and Security Agency to take care of them. Remember the Mounties always get their man or woman.

Old 06-23-2013, 04:57 PM

3,625 posts, read 3,413,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Canada doesn't use the term Felony or Misdemeanor, if you can't get that right, I can pretty much guarantee the rest of your statement is also incorrect... and it is.

FYI our criminal offenses are either Indictable or Summary Conviction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Terminology aside, everything he said is correct.
I agree that Phil was correct.

Generally, Canada Customs will check to see if the foreign offense that the person was convicted of, equates to a Canadian offense under one of our criminal statutes: the Criminal Code, the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, the Firearms Act, and the Youth Criminal Justice Act. If there is an equivalent (there isn't always), then the person will not be admitted, but can apply for a waiver. Whether that application can take place on the spot, or whether the person must apply later through a Canadian consulate, I don't know.

But felonies and misdemeanors (and indictables and summary convictions), and the difference between them, don't enter into the picture. The question is, would the foreign criminal conviction equate to a Canadian criminal conviction under Canadian law?

Old 06-23-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Canadians have been neither British subjects nor "Subjects of Her Majesty" since the Canadian Citizenship Act of 1946.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:09 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,433,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Canadians have been neither British subjects nor "Subjects of Her Majesty" since the Canadian Citizenship Act of 1946.

Don't burst his bubble, Chevy. It's the only air supply he has in his bunker.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:02 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,482 times
Why stop there?

Nationalism only creates problems.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:49 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
If Sovereign Americans get out of line Her Majesty has the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) Canada's National Police Force and Security Agency to take care of them. Remember the Mounties always get their man or woman.
Even our Brokeback Mounties do. Or should I say especially?

Old 06-24-2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Don't burst his bubble, Chevy. It's the only air supply he has in his bunker.
Ah. The old "Canada can't be a real country because the Queen is its constitutional monarch (whatever that is)" argument. Gotcha.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:42 PM

9 posts, read 8,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
As long as you don't have a felony you can travel freely between Canada and the USA. Working is different obviously.
I hate to break it to you, but you are WRONG! The jerks at the Canadian border stopped a relative of mine from entering Canada after they did a record search and found he had lost his drivers license THIRTY NINE YEARS PRIOR. Don't try to argue with me that this was not the case, I know it for a fact. They can deny you entry for any reason they want.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:48 PM

9 posts, read 8,886 times
Default Lose the border?

Sure!!! I'm all for dumping those jerks that do nothing but give you a hard time at the border!!! The USA should annex Canada and drop the name altogether..... ehhh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies