Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 09:41 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,515,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
As I write this the first legal same sex marriage ceremonies at taking place in California since the US Supreme Court decision upholding the invalidation of "Prop 8."

The Attorney General of California granted the honor to the two couples who challenged the legality of Prop 8 and with lightning speed issued the marriage licenses necessary.

Joyous ceremonies, attended by hundreds, are taking place for Kris Perry and Sandy Stier in San Francisco's opulent City Hall at 4:45 PM (Pacific Time) with the Attorney General himself officiating. At 6:15 PM Paul Katami and Jeff Zarillo will be wed in Los Angeles City Hall.

The momentum is on the side of Marriage Equality.
Good for them.

After years of gays screaming to stay out of their bedrooms they went and got the government to stick it's nose in their bedrooms.

I suppose we have to pay judges to settle their gay divorces too.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:49 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,287,109 times
The pacific plate is moving northwest, and will take the coast of California with it eventually.

San Andreas Fault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
All land west of the fault on the Pacific Plate is moving slowly to the northwest while all land east of the fault is moving southwest (relatively southeast as measured at the fault) under the influence of plate tectonics. The rate of slippage averages about 33 to 37 millimeters (1.3 to 1.5 in) a year across California.[6]
Quote:
Assuming the plate boundary does not change as hypothesized, projected motion indicates that the landmass west of the San Andreas Fault, including Los Angeles, will eventually slide past San Francisco, then continue northwestward toward the Aleutian Trench, over a period of perhaps twenty million years.
The SE to NW motion should be obvious after looking at a map of Hawaii for about 10 seconds.

Anyway, carry on.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:00 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,574,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I am waiting for the first homosexual divorces. (actually, it has already happened. I guess one or both partners couldn't handle the total commitment of marriage!)

They wanted marriage, they got it. Now, they can also have the divorce lawyers, the community property arguments, the alimony, the child support, and all the rest that goes with divorce, that they didn't have to deal with before.
I think it is hilarious!
First of all "Divorce" isn't funny for either "straight" or "Gay" couples! What is funny is how bigots who scream about the "Sanctity" of marriage have close to a 50% Divorce rate in the US!

Old 07-02-2013, 10:07 PM

937 posts, read 1,135,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
First of all "Divorce" isn't funny for either "straight" or "Gay" couples! What is funny is how bigots who scream about the "Sanctity" of marriage have close to a 50% Divorce rate in the US!
I don't understand why so many homosexuals love to throw around the word "bigot" if someone doesn't want to endorse homosexuality.

Many view it as unnatural behavior, it's really that simple.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:17 PM

217 posts, read 313,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
I don't understand why so many homosexuals love to throw around the word "bigot" if someone doesn't want to endorse homosexuality.

Why is it unnatural ? Because your bible tells you so ??

Old 07-02-2013, 10:20 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,940,512 times
Quote:

I think fat women engage in unnatural behavior, but Im not trying to pass laws to stop them from cramming food in thier faces Of course, fat chicks are harming themselves by pigging out. I'm not harming myself by marrying my fiancé, in fact, statistics show it to benefit my health!

Old 07-02-2013, 10:25 PM

24,512 posts, read 33,334,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Like a White Supremacist 'disagreeing' with Blacks having equal rights does not automatically make them a bigot?
A poor comparison. Blacks are a race; homosexuals are not.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:30 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,662,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
The pacific plate is moving northwest, and will take the coast of California with it eventually.

San Andreas Fault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The SE to NW motion should be obvious after looking at a map of Hawaii for about 10 seconds.

Anyway, carry on.
Meanwhile, you'd think God would have protected Oklahoma towns from F-5 tornadoes this past Spring, considering how anti-gay its people and politicians are, such as State Rep. Sally Kern.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:32 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,662,160 times
Quote:

What does it mean to endorse homosexuality? To go to their same sex weddings?

Old 07-02-2013, 10:39 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,488,958 times
Quote:

And many others describe that view as bigotry. That's not rocket science either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies