Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:00 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,553,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
I don't understand why so many homosexuals love to throw around the word "bigot" if someone doesn't want to endorse homosexuality.

Many view it as unnatural behavior, it's really that simple.
Yeah two dudes together is nasty.

But aint nothin wrong with this.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:38 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,579,428 times
So race is the only minority trait that exists?

Old 07-03-2013, 02:20 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,315,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
What does it mean to endorse homosexuality? To go to their same sex weddings?
Wasn't directed and me but I will answer .... If I was invited to their wedding I would stand with them in their acknowledgement of their love and devotion to each other as I have in male/female weddings I attended.

Why does this bother some people so much ? You would never be invited to a same sex wedding so you would never have to suffer through it ...

Old 07-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,929,751 times
Quote:
I don't understand why so many homosexuals love to throw around the word "bigot" if someone doesn't want to endorse homosexuality.

It is really not that hard to understand if you actually try.

You can think what you want to about homosexuals. When you believe that your personal opinion gives you the authority to restrict a homosexual person's access to equal rights you have crossed the line into bigotry.

For example, I consider anyone that uses a Bronze Age book of fairy tales as a guide for who can and can't get married to be an idiot that should be kept locked up for their own safety. I view them all as rubes and simpletons, and I find their lack of rational thought to be unnatural. I have an unrestricted right to that opinion and the US Constitution protects my right to air it in public if I so desire.

If I took that personal belief further and asserted that anybody that believed in the literal existence of a zombie carpenter with an invisible sky daddy shouldn't be able to get married that would be bigotry.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:46 PM

904 posts, read 689,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
You do understand there is a very big difference between MJ "allegedly" molesting BOYS and two CONSENTING ADULTS getting married right?? Maybe not ...

Ain't even going to try to deal with the other unrelated stuff you said.
Allegedly? He spent $35 MIllion to hush em up.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:48 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,315,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
It is really not that hard to understand if you actually try.

You can think what you want to about homosexuals. When you believe that your personal opinion gives you the authority to restrict a homosexual person's access to equal rights you have crossed the line into bigotry.

For example, I consider anyone that uses a Bronze Age book of fairy tales as a guide for who can and can't get married to be an idiot that should be kept locked up for their own safety. I view them all as rubes and simpletons, and I find their lack of rational thought to be unnatural. I have an unrestricted right to that opinion and the US Constitution protects my right to air it in public if I so desire.

If I took that personal belief further and asserted that anybody that believed in the literal existence of a zombie carpenter with an invisible sky daddy shouldn't be able to get married that would be bigotry.

If the woman marries anyone other than the man her father chose for her, she has already defiled the true traditional marriage standards.

Also, there must be transfer of property between the man and the woman's father depending on the cultures involved.

Last edited by JohnnyMack; 07-03-2013 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: additions

Old 07-03-2013, 02:51 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,850,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yeah two dudes together is nasty.

But aint nothin wrong with this.
Those are the young "I kissed a girl and I liked it" crowd. These are not lesbians..they are just experimenters in affection...what makes you think that these two straight woman are hard core lesbians. Funny - it looks like one woman kissing a mirror...Maybe just maybe this whole gay thing is about falling deeply in love with YOURSELF!

Old 07-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,929,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
If the woman marries anyone other than the man her father chose for her, she has already defiled the true traditional marriage standards.

The there must be transfer of property between the man and the woman's father depending on the cultures involved.
According to the same book that many people use as their basis for opposing gay marriage if a man finds a virgin and rapes her he only has to give her father 50 shekels (about $15) to buy the right to marry her. The book is silent with respect to the ability of the woman to refuse to participate in this form of traditional marriage, but it is not hard to guess from the overall content of the entire tome.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:55 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,256,515 times
Quote:

If you believe homosexuality is unnatural (which by the definition of unnatural it is not) Then YOU are free to not be involved with someone of the same sex.
However the rest of us who actually know that homosexuality happens in nature, thus is in fact natural, can do as we please.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:55 PM

15,888 posts, read 21,507,787 times
Quote:

Many view interracial marriages as unnatural behavior. Do they get a pass for being a bigot because they won't endorse those relationships because they don't see it as natural? Sure hope not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies