Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 06:30 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,059,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
See, this is what I mean in that other thread.

Liberals... "open-minded" and "tolerant" until you disagree with them. It's SO obvious!
When have I ever claimed to be open minded and tolerant?

Old 06-29-2013, 08:53 PM

24,520 posts, read 33,390,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I'm sorry, but have you actually READ this thread, and those posts?
I was simply responding in kind. And thanking them for all of their hard work, helping convert people to our cause.
You have a strange way of "thanking" them.. calling them nutty and wingnuts.
What you were doing was proving that liberals are the opposite of what they claim to be ("tolerant," "open-minded," "willing to listen to other opinions.").

Old 06-29-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
When have I ever claimed to be open minded and tolerant?
I was referring to liberals in general.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:32 PM

32,153 posts, read 15,162,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
If you are a straight woman which I assume you are...and married. Your marriage is now irrelevant. It really means nothing - it does not exist. Now that people who should not and naturally do not belong within the bonds of holy matrimony have entered the realm of marriage...Marriage has been corrupted and diluted to the point that it is tasteless - So - I would say that your boat has hit the rocks whether you know it or not...Those that cheer on the very re-definition and meaning of sex itself - have lost sight of what the roles are in marriage. If you as a so-called straight person advocate the redefinition of sex (marriage) - it's just a matter of time till thing fall apart....How can you be devoted to your spouse when you are not devoted to reality? Same sex marriage is a fantasy. Marriage is a formal declaration that breeding will take place under the auspice of church or state...there is no breeding among same sex couples...So how can it be mating which is marriage.

I would never deny two people from being together...but I will not comply to the changing of the meaning of a word or thing//// Old fashioned hard core realist....sorry....that's what I am. I was born this way.
That is just not true. The earliest marriages were about property. It was the church who changed the meaning.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:36 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,315,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post

So, gay marriage will simply raise the number of people getting married in the US. I have a feeling I won't be affected by it one way or another...

But you "get it" ... too bad more don't, especially those that seem to think it will be the end of everything and they will be forced to marry a same sex partner.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:29 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,349,743 times
Quote:
Liberals... "open-minded" and "tolerant" until you disagree with them.
The only appropriate response to intolerance is to be intolerant of it.

The only appropriate response to bigotry is to be bigoted against it.

There is not one single reason to oppose same sex marriage or be disgusted or offended by homosexuality that doesn't arise from fear, hate, ignorance, bigotry, or some combination of those things. Not one.

To preclude adult, consensual couples from marrying based solely on their gender is the very definition of bigotry and discrimination.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:36 AM

910 posts, read 1,321,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Now could you explain how you're personally being punished by gays?
He pays $150/hr for the service.

Ever heard of a size queen?

Old 06-30-2013, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
The only appropriate response to intolerance is to be intolerant of it.

The only appropriate response to bigotry is to be bigoted against it.

There is not one single reason to oppose same sex marriage or be disgusted or offended by homosexuality that doesn't arise from fear, hate, ignorance, bigotry, or some combination of those things. Not one.

To preclude adult, consensual couples from marrying based solely on their gender is the very definition of bigotry and discrimination.
Again, to disagree with something does not automatically make one a "bigot."

As for the bolded part, that's your opinion, not a fact.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:15 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,256,515 times
Quote:
You have a strange way of "thanking" them.. calling them nutty and wingnuts.
What you were doing was proving that liberals are the opposite of what they claim to be ("tolerant," "open-minded," "willing to listen to other opinions.").

Old 06-30-2013, 07:16 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,775,805 times
this is "breaking" news? in what, the who gives a crap section?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies