Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 03:27 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I will answer that. Yes slavery still exists in Africa. And it was mostly Northern USA ships that brought the slaves to Charleston and other slave trade places to be sold. I am still trying to figure out why people in the North think they have the right to bad mouth the South. I don't say anything about them until they start mouthing about the people I care about. I live around really good, friendly people and they don't deserve to be talked about like some of these posters do. I don't think I will ever understand why people up North always want to make everything a contest as to who is better than the other. When you know you are all right; you don't have to keep proving to anybody that you are better than they are.

Why would anybody get out of shape about a farmer and a truck full of watermelon? I would just ask him how much he wanted for one. I don't go around flying the Confederate flag but it does not offend me in any way. It is just a part of history. One of my neighbors has a "Don't tread on me flag." I would love to hear the story behind that one. I looked it up but am still not sure what it is doing flying in his yard. Doesn't bother me at all though. It is his yard and he can do what he wants to as long as it is legal.

Our town has sign laws, but we have no flag laws that I know about.
Would you be mad if a neighbor had a black nationalist flag flying around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 03:31 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Ovcatto: there are 3 races in the world; the rest of us are "mutts". So WHICH "race" are the Arabs? The ones I know call themselves "white". Sheesh!
You are late.

There are 5 races...
Australian Aborigine
Negroid
Capoid
Asian(mongoloid)
Caucasian

Old 07-08-2013, 07:06 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Excuse me? Answer this question. How was Jim Crow good for Blacks? All it did for Blacks was make the lives of Black people very hard, basically put Blacks under a quasi-dictatorship. Separate was not equal. Blacks were given worse facilities than Whites, given the hand-me-down textbooks from White schools, most Blacks couldn't vote, therefore, didn't have a say in the government. Jim Crow was implemented for the benefit of Whites, not Blacks.

As for "uneducated Blacks", there were alot of uneducated Whites living in the South after Reconstruction. The Deep South was the poorest region in the nation. The education system compared to the rest of the nation was much poorer. The slavery system basically made the South further behind, as education was skimped on. Black slaves were not allowed to learn how to read, and barely any schools were built for White children in most places. Mostly the gentry got educated. Some northerners did come to the South during Reconstruction to educate people. If Blacks were "uneducated", it had everything to do with how the South worked.

Nation going downhill for our children? This nation was never good for Blacks much of the nation's history. What kind of nation says "serve in the army" but makes segregated army units by race? What kind of nation is it where someone can serve in the army, and still get treated like a second class citizen because of their skin color?

Now answer some more questions for me.What does civil rights have to do with a moral breakdown in America? How does making sure everyone has the same rights contribute to a moral breakdown in society? What kind of nation says "land of freedom and opportunity" and then treats people of a different race like second class citizens, places voting restrictions on them, putting them under quasi-dictatorship? How was Jim Crow ever good for Black people?
Why even bother? That one is a lost cause.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:37 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,460,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
You are late.

There are 5 races...
Australian Aborigine
Negroid
Capoid
Asian(mongoloid)
Caucasian
Hmmmmm?

I was aware of the other 4, but am not familiar with "Capoid". It's been quite a while since I got done with my schooling so that one is new to me.

Interesting!

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 07-08-2013, 08:51 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Why even bother? That one is a lost cause.
I think the very fact that said person hasn't answered these questions speaks volumes.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:55 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
white trash. on the bright side, it was meant with universal resentment from the people there and will never happen again.

the white got his 15 seconds of fame, and now hes back to reality, which is a 15x20 foot trailer.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
Regardless of the side of the issue, this publicity is great for his watermelon sales.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:09 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
if that guy had a sign that read black history month nothing would have been said don't you love double standards..

Old 07-08-2013, 09:10 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
if that guy had a sign that read black history month nothing would have been said don't you love double standards..
black history month doesnt have confederate flags. these whites wanted to antagonize.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:51 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,515,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
You should do a little more research.

Because they did.
"Negroes" isn't a concrete term. It is dependent on how the society viewed them at the time, as opposed to how modern people would view the term. The fact that many of those free black men were not entirely black but, rather, mixed with a white was the reason they were allowed to be free and by being mixed, these "free people" were given access to high society and felt themselves to be superior to blacks and saw themselves closer to the whites.. Do a little more research? Learn your history?

"Slavery in New Orleans also differed from the English model in other ways. Owners admitted to sexual liaisons with slaves, often taking financial responsibility for their mistresses and offspring. Unlike the English model, in which whites drew a firm line between the two races and considered all people of mixed race to be black, the New Orleans system produced a third caste, that of mixed-race Creoles. (The term Creole has been used to describe a variety of types of people, and in Louisiana it has referred to whites and blacks with French or Spanish ancestry or culture as well as people of mixed race.) French and Spanish fathers treated their black Creole children equitably, often sending them to Europe for education and making them legal heirs. Although the French and Spanish governments attempted to limit this propagation of a privileged black Creole class with a series of code noir (black code) laws, citizens frequently ignored the legislation. By the time of the Civil War (1861-1865), New Orleans hosted a considerable black Creole population, some of whose members owned slaves themselves."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies