Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2013, 11:42 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,755,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
No, I will blame white southerners (as much as I blame northern factory owners). I'm well aware that only 25% or so southerners owned slaves in 1860, and I didn't say that "all southerners were slave owners". But the rest of the poor whites just supported the system because, while the Planter class was working against their interests, they were okay with that because in their mind, the Planters, with their sprawling plantations, kept the blacks under control. So slavery was okay with them. A similar argument can be made for why Southerners were so supportive of Jim Crow, Lynchings, and the like for over a century after the Civil War.

Time and again through southern history poor and non-rich whites consistently supported things that were against their own economic or social interests interests because controlling the black population--and maintaining the Southern social order--was a higher priority, and they were willing to pay almost any price to maintain that order. Sad, but true.

Of course there were more than ten. I was using hyperbole to illustrate what a small number they still were in proportion to the white slaveholding population, and also to illustrate how rediculous it is to paint slave owning as a multicultural endeavor when it was clearly dominated by the white, wealthy, slaveowning class.

A couple thousand is still a rediculously small number.
again, you are confused. the poor whites supported the "system" because it was 1860. they got their information from the rich whites that needed slaves. this makes your argument moot. the trust of the federal government ended with the genocide of the 1860's. have you ever even been to the south? your screen name makes it appear that you're from michigan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 12:20 PM

596 posts, read 730,480 times
I'd like to know what exactly would be included/taught during a "white history month" that isn't already taught throughout the rest of the year? Do the people who are foaming at the mouth over not having a white history month even understand why other groups have specific months dedicated to their histories? Somehow, I doubt that they've even bothered to educate themselves on the origination of Black history month. For that matter, most of them probably don't know that there's also an Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, a National Hispanic Heritage Month, and (brace yourselves) there's even an LGBT History Month (the horror!!).

There are reasons that these celebrations exist. Historically, American history was basically taught as "white history," as very few non-white people were even included when discussing American history. A few blurbs about Native Americans, slavery, and George Washington Carver neither sufficiently nor accurately describes the contributions that non-white people have made to this country. So specific times were dedicated to make sure the contributions and accomplishments of other groups were addressed.

I don't understand why some white people seem to be so offended by that. Your history is already being taught, and it always has been. So it belies logic to dedicate one specific month to a history that is already being addressed throughout the entire year. I honestly feel that some white people are just resentful that everything is no longer all about them. It's not all white people all the time, and to hell with everybody else. They seem angry that they are no longer the center of attention at all times. Nothing at all is being taken from you just because other groups are being rightfully acknowledged. Instead of complaining about the fact that these individual acknowledgements exist, maybe you should educate yourselves on why they were needed in the first place. Your seething bitterness is not going to stop these celebrations from taking place.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:33 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,460,268 times
I understand and generally agree with your preface.

However, if you truly want a inclusive and equal society, someday there has to be a day when such things cease.

For example, we have a Black President, do we really have a need for a Black Congressional Caucus and a Hispanic Caucus?

Such things merely perpetuate and enflame separatism between people.

What would be the ramifications of having a White Caucus? They'd be labeled as racist.

Recently the SCOTUS decided that Southern States no longer needed Justice Dept. approval to make a voting procedure change. Instead of celebrating the fact that those Southern States have progressed past the need for such things, many minority leaders (and our President) lamented it and employed hyperbole that flies in the face of reality to disparage the ruling.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 07-07-2013, 12:36 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
He actually was on his way back from the beautiful wedding between him and his sister and got caught in a parade. They seemed pretty cool. After eating delicious, homemade mayonnaise sandwiches, they went home to finish the night with some "white power, while powder".

All in all, a pretty good day.
But I am sure you thought this post was O. K. That is what we deal with in the South on a daily basis from ignorant people.

I would love to have heard the parade viewers when this float when by. Bet it was the laugh of the day. Nothing wrong with being proud of your race no matter which race that is.

I look forward to the day when our government counts people instead of races of people. I have never understood why race matters to the government. And what organizations one belongs to or what books one reads should not matter to the IRS.

Why are black women in our scholarship contests and then have to have one just for them?

That farmer made a very good point but I doubt many are intelligent enough to get it.

I got a rep from someone not brave enough to sign it that said the South was a cancer on the USA. I think it is time for people outside the South and people that do not like the South and Southern ways to stop throwing their stones until they get it right themselves. Now would you like to know how I really feel about these idiots who like to use their energy throwing off on the South.

I care not at all. I am prejudiced against stupid people. They can go take a flying leap because they don't matter to me.

Now lets all discuss Jim Crow laws "in the South." LOL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...mples_by_State

Last edited by NCN; 07-07-2013 at 01:05 PM..

Old 07-07-2013, 01:16 PM

349 posts, read 261,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What the float depicted had very little to do with being White, and alot more to do with putting racist stereotypes on display. Confederate flag, watermelons. What else would that be?
One would have to assume that she wasen't quite bright enough to connect the dots or she's purposely being dishonest...

Old 07-07-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
But I am sure you thought this post was O. K. That is what we deal with in the South on a daily basis from ignorant people.

I would love to have heard the parade viewers when this float when by. Bet it was the laugh of the day. Nothing wrong with being proud of your race no matter which race that is.

I look forward to the day when our government counts people instead of races of people. I have never understood why race matters to the government. And what organizations one belongs to or what books one reads should not matter to the IRS.

Why are black women in our scholarship contests and then have to have one just for them?

That farmer made a very good point but I doubt many are intelligent enough to get it.

I got a rep from someone not brave enough to sign it that said the South was a cancer on the USA. I think it is time for people outside the South and people that do not like the South and Southern ways to stop throwing their stones until they get it right themselves. Now would you like to know how I really feel about these idiots who like to use their energy throwing off on the South.

I care not at all. I am prejudiced against stupid people. They can go take a flying leap because they don't matter to me.

Now lets all discuss Jim Crow laws "in the South." LOL
List of Jim Crow law examples by State - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Before a label of pitifully ignorant is attached, please explain who is "our?"

Old 07-07-2013, 01:27 PM

[quote=malamute;30361208]For some weird reason, I highly doubt this is going to have a lot of whites celebrating white history month.

Whites just really aren't into that kind of thing. Just like you don't hear whites calling perfect strangers "brother" or "sister" or nodding to them like they've met them before. You can go your whole life and never hear a white person talk about helping or doing something for "my people", whites don't look at other whites and see "my people".[/quote]

Hey, hey, time to wake up!!!
"We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White children." We want a few areas on the Earth (and states in the US) that are reserved for Whites, and Whites only,
==> Intro Material for People New to StormFront <== - Stormfront

Old 07-07-2013, 01:33 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS0311 View Post
Before a label of pitifully ignorant is attached, please explain who is "our?"
Miss USA, Miss America, etc. When everybody became included in these contests, why are individual contests still needed? I think some people are being a little two-faced. They want to be included in other contests but still want to exclude others in their contest. Could a white girl compete in the Miss Black America Contest?

With the government rules what they are now black people have an easier time going to college than some lower middle class whites that don't qualify for the grants the poorer people do. Why not the National College Fund instead of a fund just for one race of people.

I think it is time for some honesty from some other races of people on here besides whites. When we are honest we are called racist and ignorant. Those shoes do not fit us as much as they do those people throwing stones at us. Clean up your own back yard before you start worrying about the South. We are fine and know just exactly what is going on. Wish some of you would be enlightened.

Last edited by NCN; 07-07-2013 at 01:48 PM..

Old 07-07-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Miss USA, Miss America, etc. When everybody became included in these contests, why are individual contests still needed? I think some people are being a little two-faced. They want to be included in other contests but still want to exclude others in their contest. Could a white girl compete in the Miss Black America Contest?

With the government rules what they are now black people have an easier time going to college than some lower middle class whites that don't qualify for the grants the poorer people do. Why not the National College Fund instead of a fund just for one race of people.

CHURCH OF CREATIVITY SOUTH CAROLINA
Miss America Pageant
A Creativity Alliance Website
I think it is time for some honesty from some other races of people on here besides whites. When we are honest we are called racist and ignorant. Those shoes do not fit us as much as they do those people throwing stones at us. Clean up your own back yard before you start worrying about the South. We are fine and know just exactly what is going on. Wish some of you would be enlightened.
Couldn't you have gotten a better answer from your source???

As some of you may know the 2013 Miss America Pageant was held a few days ago. What I want to know is, why we need a Miss Black America Pageant. There are black women in the Miss America Pageant, but White women CANNOT enter the Miss Black America Pageant.

As a race, we White people must begin to speak out more. We must begin to do more for our people, or in less then a 100 years the White Race will be no more. White people will just be a chapter in the history books. That is what Creativity is doing. We are helping to educate the White people so that they understand what is going on, and what we all, as White racial activists, should be doing. Creativity also teaches that the White race are Nature’s Finest – and that we are. So if you are reading this and you agree with what you see, you may want to begin by reading Nature’s Eternal Religion by Ben Klassen, the Father of Creativity.
Miss America Pageant
Creativity is a legally recognised religion for White people, by White people. It objects to amongst other things, Christianity, multiculturalism and Marxism.

If your brethren refuse to give you a futher answer, I'll be happy to return and do so...

Old 07-07-2013, 01:54 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
A picture snapped by a parade-goer at a parade in Hope Mills NC shows a man on a tractor flying a confederate flag and pulling a wagon loaded with watermelons. A sign on the trailer read: “White History Month. Hug WTE PPL.”

Town officials said when the farmer applied for the parade permit he would be hawling watermelons with a sign they are for sale at a nearby bank.

Controversy surrounds float in Hope Mills July 4 parade | abc11.com
AWESOME!

BTW, I'm not a grammar nazi, but it's "hauling", not "hawling".

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies