Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 10:07 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,341 times

Advertisements

Nothing wrong with being proud of your race so long as it does not step on another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 10:13 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,970,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Nothing wrong with being proud of your race so long as it does not step on another.
There in lies the double standard. A white person cannot claim to be proud to be white without being labeled racist.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:18 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
There in lies the double standard. A white person cannot claim to be proud to be white without being labeled racist.
It's funny because White people are supposed to be the ones that hold all the power, yet they aren't even allowed to be proud to be White.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:20 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Now that is political correctness at its finest!
Excuse me? When I saw the watermelons on display, I could pretty much tell this had everything to do with starting problems. Anyone who would claim "PC" obviously thinks according to stereotypes Ask yourself this: Why else would someone use a Confederate flag and watermelons to display "white pride"? I don't see any White people from the rest of the nation identifying with that, and watermelons are basically a stereotype against Black people. I don't see how seeing that float as distasteful is being "politically correct". Yes, that person has a right to use such a float. However, I also have freedom of speech to express how distasteful it is.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Name me one group who's history is not tied hand in hand with the enslavement of someone.

The world wasn't created 200 years ago you know.
We know the USA isn't the only society to practice slavery. However, none of that is pertinent to this discussion. Why? We are talking about THIS society, American society.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:27 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; slavery wasn't just a "white" thing. Blacks in Africa had slaves and I'm sure Asian people had it too.
Not only that, the blacks in Africa actively sold other blacks into slavery. That's why it was called the "slave trade". Whites didn't just go off into the continent and round up Africans. That part of the transaction is never talked about though. It doesn't fit into the liberal agenda of portraying whites as the devil.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:28 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezkiln View Post
Again, not talking about the world just the U.S. and that man's decision to fly a confederate flag, tying it with "white history month"
You said "history for whites" not "history for whites in the US who fly the confederate flag".

Maybe if you don't want to make broad statements about the evilness of all white people, you should not make broad statements about the evilness of all white people.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:33 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
I agree and that is wrong. I am white and I am proud that I am and I will not apologize for feeling that way.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I agree and that is wrong. I am white and I am proud that I am and I will not apologize for feeling that way.
What the float depicted had very little to do with being White, and alot more to do with putting racist stereotypes on display. Confederate flag, watermelons. What else would that be?

Old 07-06-2013, 10:38 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
The South is very beautiful but its beauty makes one sad because the lives that people live here, and have lived here, are so ugly.

James Baldwin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies