Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 10:07 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,976,162 times

Advertisements

This really irks the hell out of me:

A mentally disabled Hispanic man is shot and killed by a black man at a Taco Bell. The black man, who we now know is named Cornell Jude, was driving his car and he claimed Adkins swung at him. Now, he could easily have pulled off and driven away or just got out the car and fought him, fist to fist, man to man. Instead, he pulled out a gun and shot a man who was only armed with his dog whom he was taking for a walk.

And guess what? The black man who shot him was not charged with any crime.

Where the hell is the media circus? Where was reverend Al's fat rump? Where was George W Obama saying "he could have been my son"

Daniel Adkins' killer claims self-defense: Unarmed man shot, killed outside Arizona Taco Bell - Chicago News Report | Chicago News Blogs | Chicago Crime | News Blotter

Just look at this petition written by a member of his family: you can hear the pain in her. And less than two thousand people signed it.

http://www.change.org/petitions/just...-daniel-adkins

So, without calling me "self hating" because I'm angry that an innocent man got shot by a thug, tell me why you aren't rallying and flipping out over this?

And before you say "what are you gonna do about it", I'll have you know that I'm actually in the process of making some fliers about this guy and maybe getting some people together to try to do something, even if the local blacks accuse me of being "racist"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 10:12 PM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
1) It's Cordell Jude, not Cornell

2) He was charged with murder and is currently awaiting trial. Only thing is, that didn't happen until he was arrested for another crime.

Everything else you post is spot on. There are a lot of hypocrites who make no issue of a black man shooting a Hispanic man from the safety and security of his car. While at the same time, a Hispanic man being beaten in a brutal, barbaric assault that simply defends his life is labeled all kinds of vile things, and his life is threatened.

I guess we know who the real racists are.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:17 PM

9 posts, read 7,714 times
The media picks and chooses what news it wants to blow out of proportion. Last year, there was a group of white teens that attacked a black teen for being in an interracial relationship. There was little to no news coverage on that.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
1) It's Cordell Jude, not Cornell

2) He was charged with murder and is currently awaiting trial. Only thing is, that didn't happen until he was arrested for another crime.

Everything else you post is spot on. There are a lot of hypocrites who make no issue of a black man shooting a Hispanic man from the safety and security of his car. While at the same time, a Hispanic man being beaten in a brutal, barbaric assault that simply defends his life is labeled all kinds of vile things, and his life is threatened.

I guess we know who the real racists are.
Indeed. Jesse Jackson, big Al and their idiot followers are the real racists, not a mixed race man who was defending himself.

Not too many replies, and that proves the point. For so many black Americans, they can't even TYPE "Daniel Adkins did not deserve what happened". If it isn't a black man killed by a non-black, it doesn't matter to them.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:13 PM

688 posts, read 652,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
This really irks the hell out of me:

A mentally disabled Hispanic man is shot and killed by a black man at a Taco Bell. The black man, who we now know is named Cornell Jude, was driving his car and he claimed Adkins swung at him. Now, he could easily have pulled off and driven away or just got out the car and fought him, fist to fist, man to man. Instead, he pulled out a gun and shot a man who was only armed with his dog whom he was taking for a walk.

Where the hell is the media circus? Where was reverend Al's fat rump? Where was George W Obama saying "he could have been my son"

Just look at this petition written by a member of his family: you can hear the pain in her. And less than two thousand people signed it.

So, without calling me "self hating" because I'm angry that an innocent man got shot by a thug, tell me why you aren't rallying and flipping out over this?

And before you say "what are you gonna do about it", I'll have you know that I'm actually in the process of making some fliers about this guy and maybe getting some people together to try to do something, even if the local blacks accuse me of being "racist"
Just because people rallied around Trayvon Martin and his family doesn't mean that they don't care about other injustices... people are allowed to care about more than one thing at a time, after all.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:22 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,459,683 times
Quote:
Your link is one and half years old.
The trial for 2nd degree murder is scheduled to start in 2 days.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...zimmerman.html
http://www.examiner.com/list/reverse...id=db_articles

Last edited by katzpaw; 08-12-2013 at 11:33 PM..

Old 08-12-2013, 11:53 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,459,683 times
Quote:
Hey Zimmerman haters: why not rallies for Daniel Adkins?
Hey Zimmerman lovers: why not rallies for Cordell Jude?

Old 08-13-2013, 12:35 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Hey Zimmerman lovers: why not rallies for Cordell Jude?
Because Cordell Jude was in a CAR and Adkins couldn't lay a hand on him

Old 08-13-2013, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Because Cordell Jude was in a CAR and Adkins couldn't lay a hand on him

Exactly.

A mentally disabled man on foot is shot by a man in a car...no one says anything.

One man is bloody and another man dead, and the bloodied man says it's self defense? A bunch of morons riot screaming "no justice, no peace"

Old 08-13-2013, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post

Didn't answer the question: why no rallies? Cordell wasn't arrested or even detained at the scene. At least Zimmerman was brought in for questioning. He just got a pass for killing a helpless mentally disabled man armed only with the family dog.

A bruised and bloody Hispanic man kills in self defense, all hell breaks lose with blacks dusting off their dashikis and their protest signs screaming "no justice, no peace." A black man in a car reaches out his window, shoots and kills an unarmed, mentally disabled Hispanic man on foot, and what do the blacks do? Nothing.

But that isn't racist, no sir. Blacks can never be racist...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies