Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 06:28 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Some people just can't help themselves. It's sort of like some of us can't help being white. Funny! Never bothered me a bit.
I know right? It's never bothered me either, but then I have a drop of everyone's blood in me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 06:59 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Shhhh... they've been arresting people that start home gardens.

I wonder if that would be considered targeting conservatives. We seem to be the home gardeners, GMO labelers, owners of small ranches and dairies, and recyclers of everything we use. Yet, we hate mother earth and want dirty water? Ironic.

Lol if they saw the size of our tomatoes, i most likely would be arrested, don't know what the hek happened, these things are huge. I have tomatoes coming out of the woodwork, sort to speak.

Neighbors who enjoy eating and using tomatoes in receipes are always getting bags of tomatoes and squash. I love my fresh fruit. And use them when making the best smoothies. Also have strawberries, that are rich in red color, and large and juciy, i swear, must be the dirt around here.

Other places, never had this much luck with gardening.

Oh my gosh if you see our white squash, they look literally like smaller watermelons. Ok have to confess, i do have a bit of help from my gardener friend.

With a tanking economy and more and more people losing jobs, not quite promising. More people if they can ought to start their own home gardens, and get pleasure out of their own fruits and veggies. Nothing like this feel, and when your have great tasting veggies and fruits, nothing better.

No one really touches on the economy anymore, being sidesteped. Being sidestepped by other issues. Jobs are so very important, to help us build a better economy.

Home onwership with rates rising rapidly are going to change the dynamics of some people who thought they could buy a certain amount, will now not be able too.

People need to save any way they can. Growing your own fruits and vegetables is rewarding,, and these items have gone up.

People who have lost jobs and out of work, has a negative outlook on our economy.

Last edited by california-jewel; 08-09-2013 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: ut

Old 08-16-2013, 12:49 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,026 times
I for one cannot wait to leave this happy place. (4 more years) California seems to have attracted every a-hole in lower 48, and one trip down the freeway at rush hour will confirm that.
California is a great place, with great weather, but the people here blow, and I will gladly live somewhere with a little snow to be around people with a little common sense and courtesy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies