Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2013, 09:30 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Republicans love to complain about Obama's vacation days.

Well your guy George W. Bush racked up a total of 323 vacation days at this point in his presidency compared to Obama's 95 days.

My guy is better than your guy. So take that.

~signed,

A third grader.

P.S. It's important to vote. So you can complain when your guy fails to deliver on his lies, err, I mean promises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 10:17 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
That was me that posted the list of world leaders Bush met with and the dates that he met with them.

You need "pictures"? There are plenty of pictures.

<snip>
I repeat ... he spent 490 Days in Crawford!

I'm sure he held some meetings, and met/entertained a few foreign leaders, and met/entertained his administrative staff.

But how much time out of the 490 Days was actually spent "working" and how much of it was "playtime for the Bushies"?

With no press or government officials to bother you, it was easy for Bush and his croanies to do as they pleased.

Maybe they'd spend an hour holding a meeting in the morning, then snap a few publicity photos to show they were "working", and then spend the rest of the day fishing on Bush's private lake?

Who really knows?

Old 08-15-2013, 05:33 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
There is an obvious solution: President Obama must, before the end of August, purchase a ranch, and begin spending his vacations at said ranch. Everyone will be happy.

Question for those whom believe they know accounting and tax laws: reading the posts herein about the number of days President Bush the Younger spent at Crawford during his presidency, was he able to declare his home/ranch as an 'office' for tax purposes? What percentage of work must be performed at your home before you can make such claims?

Old 08-15-2013, 05:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
unfortunately my speaker isn't working so I could not even hear the video, but when I see C. Matthews and the letters MSNBC, I know it is slanted. No, I realize it wasn't actually Chris. There are vacations and vacations; I think every person, especially the Pres. has every right to get away when they can, yet does where they go and what it might be costing play a part in this? Of course it should and it does. Bush and Reagan went to their ranches which, if I remember right, were referred to as White Houses.

Regardless, the Pres. loves to spend money, other people's, let it be and we can just live with knowing only 3 more years!!! I will add, what is really the point of all this anyway? Are we playing the kids game: my daddy is better than yours?

Old 08-15-2013, 06:04 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
unfortunately my speaker isn't working so I could not even hear the video, but when I see C. Matthews and the letters MSNBC, I know it is slanted. No, I realize it wasn't actually Chris. There are vacations and vacations; I think every person, especially the Pres. has every right to get away when they can, yet does where they go and what it might be costing play a part in this? Of course it should and it does. Bush and Reagan went to their ranches which, if I remember right, were referred to as White Houses.

Regardless, the Pres. loves to spend money, other people's, let it be and we can just live with knowing only 3 more years!!! I will add, what is really the point of all this anyway? Are we playing the kids game: my daddy is better than yours?
No, the Obama supporters are playing the "Bush did this, so it's okay if Obama does this" game. As Kibby pointed out earlier in the thread, the entire premise in an insult to Obama.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:24 AM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
At least we knew where Bush was and that he was available for any emergencies - unlike Obama with Benghazi.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
At least we knew where Bush was and that he was available for any emergencies - unlike Obama with Benghazi.
And Bush did such "great job" responding from Crawford in August 2001 when our country was under the "imminent thread" of being attacked by Al Qaeda!

Guess he let that "emergency" slip through the cracks?

Old 08-15-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
No, the Obama supporters are playing the "Bush did this, so it's okay if Obama does this" game. As Kibby pointed out earlier in the thread, the entire premise in an insult to Obama.
No ... the basis of my thread is the fact that you Republicans have repeatedly started threads bashing Obama for his vacations.

Yet you Republicans have no problem with your own guy .... the one who spent 490 days at Bushyland Texas?

To you Republicans, it was okay to spend countless millions of our tax $$$$$ flying Bush and his entire entourage back and forth on Air Force One for 154 flights?

But whenever Obama takes a vacation ... it is practically a reason to impeach him?

Obama occasionally takes his vacations at his former home in Hawaii to visit his relatives and friends, and to you he is taking a "lavish Hawaiian vacation"?

So far Obama has taken 95 vacation days over the past 4 1/2 years, which is an average of approximately 20 days per year. He has taken no more vacation time than any other typical salaried full time executive at any company.

Yet Bush spent 490 days at his former home in Texas doing whatever he wanted to do (bike, fish, chop wood) .... and you have no problem with that?

Old 08-15-2013, 07:27 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The irony is that the wealthiest members of Congress are all Democrats,
Got stats on that to prove it?

Old 08-15-2013, 07:30 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,655,228 times
This is how the media sees it and brainwashes the OP and others:

- Bush thinks about going to his ranch = vacation day
- Obama spends millions of dollars on vacations, flying himself, his family and dog all over (after calling for shared sacrifice), takes a phone call on his cell from a congressman while out playing golf = he was working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies