Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 04:49 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Just more proof that when idiots like Rush Limbaugh, etc. repeat that exact phrase enough times, it will eventually stick in the minds of those who can't think for themselves.

Nice job Rush !!!
Rush is paid very, very well to sustain a perpetual sense of outrage in his listening audience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
I know it's hard for you to admit that things were ever good during the Bush years, most liberals have a really hard time with that. Thanks for playing right into that stereotype.

It was good for a lot of folk during the Bush years.
It's been good for a lot of folk during the Obama years.

It's never good for all the people in any year.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:56 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Bush obviously purchased it in 1999 to avoid Washington DC as much as possible, if he were to become president.

Otherwise, why would anyone buy such a large property in middle-of-nowhere Texas right at a time when they are running for an office which would require them to move to DC if they were elected?
In the area where that ranch is located, it's not a large property comparatively. Why do you care how big it is and at what point would it have been small enough to satisfy you? 100 acres? 25 acres? 2 acres? This entire premise is pathetic to say the least and the Bush derangement syndrome has obviously not worn off one bit with some special folks.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Property?

For Bush, Happy Trails to Crawford - Washington Post

Do you realize how big 1,583 acres is?

An acre is almost the size of an entire football field.

Now imagine 1,583 football fields all connected together.

Disneyland is only 160 acres in total, which is 1/10th the size of Bush's ranch!

For Bush, Happy Trails to Crawford - Washington Post

Also take note how quick Bush was ready to move away from Crawford in December 2008?

And how thoughtful of him to purchase that ranch back in 1999 just in time for his run for president!

Prairie Chapel Ranch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So what? Have you seen the size of Al Gores' house?

Old 08-13-2013, 05:05 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,765,333 times
Quote:
What was he doing during his August 2001 5 week vacation in Crawford, when he should have been conducting meetings about the threat from Al Qaeda?

Apparently chopping wood.

Bush obviously had more important matters to attend to than meeting on Al Qaeda while he was on vacation in Crawford, in August 2001:

Richard A. Clarke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The head of the CIA (George Tenet) was seriously worried all summer 2001 that we were about to be attacked.

And Bush's chief terrorist expert (Richard Clarke) was pressing him to hold meetings on the threat of Al Qaeda.

So what does Bush do?

He goes to Crawford ... and doesn't conduct a meeting until he returns!

And 9/11 happens one week later.
Ok. This post wins for most hypocritical.

We are nearly 5 years into this presidency and nothing is O's fault. Yet you blame Bush for something that happened 9 months after he takes office. Yup. His complete fault. Because it took those terrorists all of only nine months to plan and train for that monumentous exercise in terror.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Maybe we should ask Obama to repay the $5.2 million that was spent on his Ireland "business trip" that turned into a 2 day mini-vacation.

Maybe Obama should be made to reimburse the government for putting his MIL up in hotels, transporting and feeding her taking her on his vacations and "business" trips?

How do you know he has not?
How about kicking back to the government some of the cost of his tours along with the family in Africa?
How do you know he has not?

And how do you know that the government did not pick up the tab for safari when the Bush family vacationed in Africa.
How about he reimburse the government for using government transport for his weekend golf games?

Did you demand the same from all past presidents? How about Congress? Your own governor?
Here's a list of Obama and/or family vacations. I wonder what they would add up to.

How Much Will The Obama Daughters' Latest Bahama Atlantis Vacation Cost American Taxpayers? | Opinion - Conservative

If you can say that Obama works while on vacation, then it's safe to say that GWB did as well - and did so from his compound and not from an IPad.

No president is ever fully on vacation.

I think at the end of Obama's term and all the accounting is completed, more than likely Obama will come out ahead in the spending category.

We'll never know because expenses for prior presidents are estimates.
And you keep telling yourself that Obama is making the same sacrifice that he is asking you and every other American to make.
I was not aware that Obama asked me to make a sacrifice. Did I miss this?

I am amazed that anyone is willing for run for president given the personal attacks on them and their family.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
The WH was never closed to tours because of a lack of funds during Bush's term.....
Too bad they did not.

Too bad tax cuts were made without reductions in spending.

Too bad no one focused on how much the war was going to cost the nation for the next 50 years.

Too bad Congress declined to give Medicare the authority to negotiate the price of prescription drugs.

Too bad we never got around to securing our borders.

Too bad the SEC reduced net capital requirements for 5 investment banks.

Yeah, too bad.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:43 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
If you read through these boards, that's the standard liberal/progressive defense when someone says anything negative about Obama's policies. They either have to blame it all on Bush or call the detractors racist.
Apparently, there are many posters who believe a black president does not deserve even a third of the vacation time and expense than the other presidents got.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:07 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
I'm shocked that it took this long for someone to throw the race card, I applaud the left wing nut jobs for showing restraint in here for as long as you all did. I know that must have been really tough.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:08 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm shocked that it took this long for someone to throw the race card, I applaud the left wing nut jobs for showing restraint in here for as long as you all did. I know that must have been really tough.
Why can't Obama have at least as much vacation as Bush?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies