Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
*******ed statement. Obama's positions in both the US Senate and Illinois senate (both Legislative branches) do not in any way qualify him to hold a leadership role in government.

If you can't make the distinction between the roles and responsibilities for members of the Legislative branch of government, and the roles and responsibilities of leaders in the Executive branch of government, then I strongly recommend that you go back to 9th grade and take a remedial Civics class.

Such inanity is exactly why incompetent carnival barkers like Obama can get elected. Jesters who possess no semblance of understanding about the structure and functions of government have zero business voting.

You #FAIL bubba
The whole being part of the senate does not make him qualified to hold the office of the Presidency is YOUR OPINION.

Your entire argument is based on 3 false hoods. That i agree with your argument that you need executive experience to hold the office, that the question asked to me included the word "executive" and that i do not understand the difference between Legislative and Executive .

You are wrong on all 3 counts. But please, continue to try to attack me on a basis that was never put forth, you already look like a fool, continuing to post wont hurt you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
Like bypassing congress for unconstitutional wars?
I have seen no declaration of War, no resolution saying the President broke the War Powers Act, or a Supreme court ruling saying the WPO trumps the US Constitution.

That last part meaning the Constitution calls the President the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, not congress, and they go where he sees fit with or without congressional approval regardless of what the WPO says until someone says it trumps the Constitution.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:40 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,937,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I agree somewhat. I feel exactly the same about many of the positions the left holds. If you cry hypocrisy you have to be an equal opportunity crier.

You cannot discount the increased dependence on social nets that this administration has pushed. I know you're all tired of hearing about the 40% increase in food stamp usage. IT IS A FACT, and reflects the true health of our country. Their push to enroll people on SNAP has done much damage to the poor class, and is helping to keep them in poverty by choice.

Let's also face the reality of the generational poor who seem to prefer having a BA in social welfare programs, rather than being productive contributors to society. Welfare is supposed to be a hand up, not a profession.

@Winter_Sucks -- not all of us live in these forums, like many do, so the crickets remark was more your impatience than a lack counter challenges.

@HappyTexan -- I just looked up. Consider this a backup to your post.
Food stamps under Obama? Welfare under Obama? Who is responsible for creating and passing jobs bills?
Who in Congress is blocking all proposed jobs bills?
Whose voting base supports outsourcing jobs and who opposes all legislation designed to reverse that practice?
Obama runs Congress now? Sounds like "fair and balanced" Fox reporting to me.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:10 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The whole being part of the senate does not make him qualified to hold the office of the Presidency is YOUR OPINION.

Your entire argument is based on 3 false hoods. That i agree with your argument that you need executive experience to hold the office, that the question asked to me included the word "executive" and that i do not understand the difference between Legislative and Executive .

You are wrong on all 3 counts. But please, continue to try to attack me on a basis that was never put forth, you already look like a fool, continuing to post wont hurt you
false hoods?

Is that a neighborhood in of itself?

Old 08-24-2013, 06:11 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
It's those damn republicans who won't let obama have his way with the economy!

Old 08-24-2013, 07:04 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,512,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Yes, it's true. Black unemployment is double under Obama. It was also double under Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, ...

I blame Lincoln. We would have ZERO black unemployment if he would have left them happily employed as slaves.

EDIT: Well, after reading the article, I take back G.W. Bush:
Quote:
The trend broke at the end of former President George W. Bush's administration as the recession hit whites more, temporarily boosting their unemployment rate.
So apparently more whites losing their jobs was actually a good thing

Old 08-25-2013, 12:03 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The title of your video insinuates it. You attacked the poster because you made the mistake of using a video with a horrible title.

Ad for him not delivering, that is your opinion.

Thanks for publicly confirming how liberals think. All they need is to read a title on something and that's good enough for them. No further investigation is required.
Yet, once again, it's the conservative's fault.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:34 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,937,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's those damn republicans who won't let obama have his way with the economy!
Here are some easy questions for you to answer.
You really don't know that Congress is responsible for legislating policy which affects the economy?
You are saying that the economy sucks, while also admitting that repubs are stalling Presidential initiatives in Congress?
Have you checked Wall Street lately?
How did Wall Street do under the republican Bush administration?
What is your right wing view on these points?

Old 08-25-2013, 01:43 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,228,339 times
When did City Data and stormfront merge???

Old 08-25-2013, 03:16 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Yes, it's true. Black unemployment is double under Obama. It was also double under Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, ...

I blame Lincoln. We would have ZERO black unemployment if he would have left them happily employed as slaves.

EDIT: Well, after reading the article, I take back G.W. Bush:
So apparently more whites losing their jobs was actually a good thing
In the bold. I've been saying that over and over. Few people seem to listen. Blacks have had worse unemployment rates than anyone else in the nation, no matter who the president is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies