Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 09:14 PM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
I just viewed all those NeoNazis on ThugReport.com......Wow....!
If this is suppose to be some kind of joke, it's not funny.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Neo-Nazis are all talk...
Some have committed violence though.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:58 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It wouldn't be a good town, and chances are, said Neo-Nazis probably don't know how to revive a ghost town to civic sustainability, such as the infrastructure. However, similar groups have chosen far away locations to go to.
Those guys are like the old hippies of the late 60's who went out in the wilderness and built communes. The Nazis and skinheads like their small compounds a lot more than living alone or with just 2-3 others. Like the hippies, they like to bunk up in tighter quarters where they can re-assure each other that their importance is greater than it really is.

And like the old communes, there are lots of them that are nothing but shiftless ramblers who come, hang out for a few days, and leave again. Without a trust fund baby among them or some other benefactor, they never have enough money to do much.

Social misfits seldom do well in routine lives that are steady workaday existences.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Those guys are like the old hippies of the late 60's who went out in the wilderness and built communes. The Nazis and skinheads like their small compounds a lot more than living alone or with just 2-3 others. Like the hippies, they like to bunk up in tighter quarters where they can re-assure each other that their importance is greater than it really is.

And like the old communes, there are lots of them that are nothing but shiftless ramblers who come, hang out for a few days, and leave again. Without a trust fund baby among them or some other benefactor, they never have enough money to do much.

Social misfits seldom do well in routine lives that are steady workaday existences.
The difference is that hippies expect to live off of the land and not have alot. I was talking about the Neo-Nazis who tried to set up in northern Idaho.

With this case, there is a motive to take over an entire town.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:23 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
He should just go to Washington DC , a neo Nazi took over there four plus years ago and he'll be around another three.
DC is the crazy center of the universe.
What an idiotic twit-making post,

Old 09-23-2013, 03:27 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:

Don't know much about old hippies, do you?
Wouldn't be surprised that you know a lot about neonazis, though.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:24 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The difference is that hippies expect to live off of the land and not have alot. I was talking about the Neo-Nazis who tried to set up in northern Idaho.

With this case, there is a motive to take over an entire town.
Sorry... I wandered off the point.
I'm an Idahoan, and saw a little of this first hand. Read most of it from local and state news stories.

The neo-Nazis drifted in and out of the compound in Hayden Lake. The compound was owned by a fake preacher named Butler, who was run out of California for his white power speech and actions. Two of the early internet software pioneers financed his trip to Idaho and gave him enough money to build the claptrap compound. After that, it was pretty much up to Butler.

He made money from donations, but the white power bunch never has much, by and large. They would show up at the compound, stay for a 2-3 day party and take off again, except for a few who stuck around.

They were generally despised by the residents of the towns nearby, and became downright hated when they tried to start a riot in the any town of size close by. Some were tried and sent to prison after and attempted bank robbery, and it turned out that several of the permanent skin heads were FBI agents. Paranoia took over after that.

After one of the permanent residents shot at a car that was traveling down the public highway in front of the compound, the Souther Poverty Law Center took Butler and his Aryan Nations to court and bankrupted them.

Butler died in an old mobile home over in Washington broke and alone. They guys who financed him took off and haven't been seen since, and a native Idahoan bought the compound and razed all the buildings to the ground.

Even though Butler and his little bunch have been long gone for over 20 years now, their memory still stains my beloved state. And his memory still draws a few boneheads up there every few years who never got the word that all traces of Butler's filth are no longer there.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Sorry... I wandered off the point.
I'm an Idahoan, and saw a little of this first hand. Read most of it from local and state news stories.

The neo-Nazis drifted in and out of the compound in Hayden Lake. The compound was owned by a fake preacher named Butler, who was run out of California for his white power speech and actions. Two of the early internet software pioneers financed his trip to Idaho and gave him enough money to build the claptrap compound. After that, it was pretty much up to Butler.

He made money from donations, but the white power bunch never has much, by and large. They would show up at the compound, stay for a 2-3 day party and take off again, except for a few who stuck around.

They were generally despised by the residents of the towns nearby, and became downright hated when they tried to start a riot in the any town of size close by. Some were tried and sent to prison after and attempted bank robbery, and it turned out that several of the permanent skin heads were FBI agents. Paranoia took over after that.

After one of the permanent residents shot at a car that was traveling down the public highway in front of the compound, the Souther Poverty Law Center took Butler and his Aryan Nations to court and bankrupted them.

Butler died in an old mobile home over in Washington broke and alone. They guys who financed him took off and haven't been seen since, and a native Idahoan bought the compound and razed all the buildings to the ground.

Even though Butler and his little bunch have been long gone for over 20 years now, their memory still stains my beloved state. And his memory still draws a few boneheads up there every few years who never got the word that all traces of Butler's filth are no longer there.
I didn't know that there were drifters. I knew about Richard Butler and his stupidity. I didn't know that there were drifters about. I expected a functioning compound. I think with this case, they had their own compound off by themselves.

I used to live in the Seattle area. My family and me went to Minneapolis via northern Idaho. This was around 1992. I was around 6 years old. All my father heard of Idaho was the skinheads. He had some concerns about driving through there, particularly with children. Butler basically gave Idaho a bad reputation, and the irony is that Butler was from California.

What scares me is that Cobb wants to rule the whole town. I hopefully, the drifter element exists in this case. Also, I'm hoping North Dakota's harsh climate will discourage them(much harsher than the Coeur d'Alene/Hayden Lake area).

Old 09-24-2013, 11:08 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,910,626 times
Quote:

Amen.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:43 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Mayor: 'Everybody's wound up' over plans for white supremacist takeover of N.D. town

Mayor: 'Everybody's wound up' over plans for white supremacist takeover of N.D. town
I'm not hearing anything against the law. It's a little town of 19 residents, who cares? Lot of fear mongering going on. He just contributed a lot of money to the towns income, they should put it to good use with a decent school or something. Otherwise, who cares what this guys personal views are about race relations. Southern Poverty Law Center is looking for a cause to justify their existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies