Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 11:32 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
In other words, you have no evidence that Assad was responsible for the use of Sarin gas. It is blatantly obvious that your, and Obama's, sole objective is to help out your al Qaeda buddies. Was not the weapons and support your messiah sent them in Libya enough? Why are Democrats so eager to support al Qaeda in every endeavor? You need not answer, they were entirely rhetorical questions. We already know the answer.
My messiah? Democrat?

My post history is proof that I am neither a Barack Obama supporter, nor a Democrat.

However, I do support a strike on Syria. I happen to think this President has ****ed up any chance of saving face unless he leans on Putin to help him do so. He bumbled his way through this to the point that even Putin felt sorry for his dumb ass. And of course, Putin's interests will prevail here, not US interests. This President is beyond an embarrassment.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:35 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
My messiah? Democrat?

My post history is proof that I am neither a Barack Obama supporter, nor a Democrat.

However, I do support a strike on Syria. I happen to think this President has ****ed up any chance of saving face unless he leans on Putin to help him do so. He bumbled his way through this to the point that even Putin felt sorry for his dumb ass. This President is beyond an embarrassment.
There is no way in hell that Putin would back this plan simply to make Obama look politically better. We have not seen eye-to-eye with Russia since Putin became president. They'll seize any opportunity to embarrass us -- just look at the Snowden example. Look at how they behave with regards to Iran.

No. Russia and Syria were concerned about finding themselves at the business end of a Tomahawk.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:35 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Nope. All you have to go on is Syria's words, not it's actions. The President is rightfully skeptical, as the Syrian leadership has never played straight with the world in any of its actions.

Not sure if you're a liberal or not, but I've noted MANY times that liberals and Democrats have never been known for their extraordinary foresight. Your willingness to believe what you're reading is very telling.

I , on the other hand, call bullshiite. I stand with Barack Obama on this. Syria has no intention to have its chemical weapons destroyed.....Vladimir Putin has no intent to please the United States....this whole thing is a ploy intended to give Obama a way out. When the dust settles, the truth will be known. (Benghazi anyone??)

Don't be so naïve.
Well..if YOU are so worried about it why don't you get YOUR Batman underoos on and go whip their butt? The country is sick of Police actions against sovereign nations and having to pay for it...its not one bit our business...bad crap happens here,take care of the infrastructure,the hungry,the crime rate etc etc here first and then if you have any bucks left spend it on being heros of democracy or some such crap.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:39 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
There is no way in hell that Putin would back this plan simply to make Obama look politically better. We have not seen eye-to-eye with Russia since Putin became president. They'll seize any opportunity to embarrass us -- just look at the Snowden example. Look at how they behave with regards to Iran.

No. Russia and Syria were concerned about finding themselves at the business end of a Tomahawk.
Exactly and Russia isn't the USSR anymore either..they lost a lot of their ass with the breakup and yes,they are a mega nuke threat still,but hand to hand on the ground "they ain't what they used to be"

Old 09-10-2013, 11:40 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Putin has also requested that the US and Syria sit down and talk it out.

It really looks like the world is upside down here.
The US is war mongering and ready to push the button just like North Korea and here's Russia offering several avenues to avoid a war.

My these changing times.
In regards to Syria: Putin looks like a great leader and Obama a dunce.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:41 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Wow, you sing the prases of Putin while screaming about Obama then you say we should have punished Assad, such total confusion as to who to back.
Confusion is being kind.

The wingnuts on this thread so loathe the President that it won't be long that they become admirers of both Putin and Assad.

They love controlling figures in government, the stronger, the better. Little things like human rights and civil liberties are simply things they view as weaknesses. They prefer an autocratic government backed by military force.

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:

This. ^^^ Anyone who honestly thinks Putin would do anything to make Obama look good on the world stage clearly hasn't been paying attention.

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Exactly and Russia isn't the USSR anymore either..they lost a lot of their ass with the breakup and yes,they are a mega nuke threat still,but hand to hand on the ground "they ain't what they used to be"
They lost real estate, but the attitude is still there. They figure the only path to global relevance is to oppose everything the US does. That's why this little deal with Syria just smells weird.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:42 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:

Exactly right. Putin's interests are being served here. The United States loses. Our bumbling President made that possible. You can't admit that can you?

Old 09-10-2013, 11:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Al Qaeda is a player in the region, but not the only player. I get tired of hearing these "why support Al Qaeda" claims as if such a question will appeal to the senses and sensitivities and therefore make us turn tail and run. I've yet to hear the American administration....or the world for that matter.....place as much emphasis on AQ as the poster's on this forum. Sorry, i'm not buying it in totality. Giving AQ a boost is A consideration, but it's not THE consideration that matters most. If so, then we might as well pack up and renounce our superpower status if AQ is enough to keep us from defending against the use of chemical weapons.

Is that the America that you envision? Cower to AQ? Cower to dictatorial use of chemical weapons?

Not me.
That isn't the equation. We fight AQ, Syria fights AQ. Now the questions get asked with no answers. Why would we side with our enemies here? The administration has been on the side of the rebels from the beginning.

We bomb and killing innocent women and children in our fight against AQ, Syria bomb and kill innocent women and children in their fight with AQ. AQ kills innocent women and children in some cases simply because they have different philosophical beliefs.

With all of this how exactly does the form of death all of a sudden become so terrible? Those with dead children don't care how they were killed. They are still dead either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies