Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 07:52 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
This is a double standard, but I don't see the big deal really. I would have cut her hair, but I would let her know that the barber shops that men go to are places where women, especially lesbian feminists, would not feel comfortable at. We talk dirty about women, we tell dirty jokes, and we swear and talk about things that women in general would not like. Just like I wouldn't go to a woman's hair salon, it's not my element and I would not be interested in what they discuss.

But hey that's why we're men. I wonder what the male version of a feminist would be? A "masculinist"? It's not even a word, but yet could you imagine what it would be like if a man openly hated women and acted like he was superior to them? These same feminists would be in an uproar! So why is ok for them to behave like that but not for men?

Anyway I wouldn't have refused service to her. Just let her know before hand the environment that she was walking into and go from there.
Don't fool yourself. Females do the same things only worse. All you need do is have dated most any sorority girls. At times they even made me blush.

I agree on the type of talk. Guy talk about gays and lesbians can be a tad harsh. If they don't care we don't care, but then there is that awful whine. So long as they really don't care then they can stay...

never gonna happen...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 07:53 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
What would I do? Well let me see...... i will agree she should have received something providing she bought something. It is debatable about her hair cut being a 'mans cut'. In my terms it is a pixie cut not what a nam I would know would like ..

Now at me what i would do may depend. Once It was demanded of me to get a hair cut when i was in high school. A friends dad insisted and gave me the money. I didn't want the hair cut, but i had to respect the friends dad.

Now the barber did a wild butcher job, and left it at that and tool all the money giving me no change. My friends dad was interested in the change when I got back to the house and he spoke openly as to why I used the money for something else and didn't go to where i had been told to go. His son my friend stated i did as i was told.

My friends dad stated for me to get the money back. By chance the next day in the morning the guy that hacked off my hair was driving the school bus.

When the bus stopped at the school and it was my turn dead last to get off that bus i took the butchers hat with me. he chased me down easy enough as i wasn't running and spun me around and i used that momentum and spun him around into a brick column.

This came to the larger than me adversary as something of a wee surprise and he hit me in the mouth and I dropped him like a rock.

While he was down there i told him my friends dad wanted is money back. That butcher paid me, and doncha know he was also a auxiliary cop

In the case of your pizza analogy I would leave and be pleasant, but Then I would come back and loiter around outside looking like this.

And i expect that pizza would be forth coming fairly soon don't you?

Your so called woman is certainly free to take up other means to have her value.

I have thrown out bad customers in a auto repair shops before and when I have i told them all to go tell 10 of the friends so i would not have to bother with anyone them.

I have also refuse service to a guy that wanted to buy a hand gun in a store where i was the counter clerk because he wanted just one bullet.

Oddly here on CD I am told this isn't my Right, but never the less i still say it is, and so far no one has taken me to court. In fact i haven't even been arrested for anything like that yet.

Some females are pushing this equality thing a bit too far.

Some of them just won't take No for the simple answer. As i stated before this is not and never was about a hair cut.
Short answer:

You would seek your own brand of justice, just as she did.

Hmmm.....

Old 08-29-2013, 08:01 PM

Well I don't do media, and make it everyone else's bee's wax. I am a big tuff guy remember? I make wind and water, a living God

Old 08-29-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Well I don't do media, and make it everyone else's bee's wax. I am a big tuff guy remember? I make wind and water, a living God
Don't you think the media might show up if your started loitering around a place of business dressed like an Indian brave on the war path?

And yea.....we get it Mac.....you are a legend in your own mind.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:21 PM

No I don't think media will show up. In fact anytime i have looked that way media is no where to be found. No cops either.

In real life I am just another old geezer with a lot of woodland skill sets, but here on CD being able to pass wind and make water I am a Living God. My lodgic is undeniable

My Logic is Undeniable I-Robot - YouTube

Old 08-29-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
No I don't think media will show up. In fact anytime i have looked that way media is no where to be found. No cops either.

In real life I am just another old geezer with a lot of woodland skill sets, but here on CD being able to pass wind and make water I am a Living God. My lodgic is undeniable

My Logic is Undeniable I-Robot - YouTube
Curious....just where and why do you dress that way?

During cowboy and Indian reenactments where you wouldn't stand out anyway?

Old 08-29-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Curious....just where and why do you dress that way?

During cowboy and Indian reenactments where you wouldn't stand out anyway?
F&I War reenactments mainly. I will go buy beer that way. You can bet it scares the pants off everyone. Old men get weak in the knees little kids fall off their bikes. Women swoon and faint away. Other re-enactors have tried to kill me with muskets charged with heavy blanks, and they have tried to bayonet me as well. The woman behind me is my captive you just don't see the cord. I had no idea anyone was taking my pic.

Of course I buy all that at walmarts That is She buck Ona' AKA Deafman Do look him up

Old 08-29-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
F&I War reenactments mainly. I will go buy beer that way. You can bet it scares the pants off everyone. Old men get weak in the knees little kids fall off their bikes. Women swoon and faint away. Other re-enactors have tried to kill me with muskets charged with heavy blanks, and they have tried to bayonet me as well. The woman behind me is my captive you just don't see the cord. I had no idea anyone was taking my pic.

Of course I buy all that at walmarts That is She buck Ona' AKA Deafman Do look him up
Sounds like good fun. I used to work with a guy who liked to do Civil War reenactments.

Now....back to the point.....if you loitered outside of someone's store dressed like that in protest.....the media and the police would probably both show up.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:48 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Whenever a discussion about gender comes up, you count on with 99% certainty that a feminist will come along and try shaming tactics to shut the conversation down. The sun coming up in the morning and feminists calling someone's manhood into question are both near certainties.
Indeed. Typical tired cliches and fallacies. Nothing intellectual about these "feminists" who resort to such lame tactics.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:25 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Indeed. Typical tired cliches and fallacies. Nothing intellectual about these "feminists" who resort to such lame tactics.
Well, I don't know. Not intellectual, but it was intelligent. Just as women have an innate desire to be seen as beautiful, men have an innate desire to be seen as masculine. Feminists have been pretty successful in using that desire to get what they want. Men will do a lot to prove to a woman that they are a "real man". It's getting to be pretty old now, but it's only a cliche now because it actually did work for so many years. I bought into it myself when I was younger. I thought of myself as being an enlightened secure man because I supported women's rights. It took getting a girlfriend who went to a women's college to wake me up. The stuff I saw when I would visit her on her campus woke me up to what feminists are really all about. It's an eye opening experience to be one of the only men walking around a place plastered with posters and people wearing t-shirts saying you're a rapist simply because of your gender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies