Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 05:57 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
No no no... This means that in the work place my time is worth more than your time because I am in and out faster. I take less time than most any female in the wash room, simply because i don't need to get 1/2 undressed.

Providing we do the same job, with the same attention to the same detail.

My wife used to try to match me in time, speed and skill to split winter stove fire wood. She learned real quick that spitting winter fire wood wasn't her key feature in this or the next life, but her wind up was really cute.

There was no way she was ever going to be equal with me in that until I pass death.

You wanna try?

Which brings up that if you do, the work is the same, the 6 pound splitting maul is the same, but you won't get the same result, so should you still receive the same pay?
You wanna be my equal in the boardroom Mac? Let's see who can do the best presentation and who deserves the most money.

Come on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 06:00 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_Muz

No no no... This means that in the work place
my time is worth more than your time because I am in and out faster. I take less
time than most any female in the wash room, simply because i don't need to get
1/2 undressed.
Well, there ya go! An excellent reason to pay women less. We take longer to pee. Perfectly logical.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:06 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
There is nothing wrong with prehistoric. There were no excuses then, and then man was the beast to be reckoned with not the woman...Alya was a story in a book and she really didn't invent the wheel

So far in my 55+ years back packin I have never once tripped over pantie trash in the middle of a trail made by a GUY. Beer cans yeah, gasoline in pill bottles yeah, but never female only waste. In fact guys tend to bury that waste and get off the trail.

My problem isn't so much the waste as where it is left behind.

Leave it where i can trip on it and it makes me rude. But that rude is just the reaction to a female being far more rude.

I have packed out literal tons of trash and waste too, so for me it's serious. What little cute excuse do you greenies and females have for this anyway. Does trashing the place make you more equal?

And i maintain this hair cut BS is about being equal and has nothing to do with a hair cut.

Each gender has it points, females excel in many things not male, but no female really excel in things male.

Getting a hair cut is moot. The shop owner has every right to not serve anyone he wishes in his own shop equality based or not.
He is a dishonest businessman.

He gave out the certificate and didn't specify "Men Only". This woman bid on that certificate in good faith.... rightfully assuming she would get the service as advertised. After all.....she is sporting a man's haircut.....a cut that barbers specialize in.

There is no good reason why he couldn't have honored his WORD and cut the hair of whomever presented that certificate.

At the very least, he should have given her the value of the certificate in cash.

That woman spent good money bidding on that certificate and she had every right to get what HE advertised.....what SHE paid for.

What would you do if you bid on, let's say, a pizza.....paid your money and went to collect your prize.....and when you showed up the shop owner said "No pizza for you.....I don't serve men with long hair."?

Old 08-29-2013, 06:07 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,084,509 times
He offered to give her a shave and trim her moustache, so whats the big deal?

Old 08-29-2013, 06:27 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,697,607 times
This is a double standard, but I don't see the big deal really. I would have cut her hair, but I would let her know that the barber shops that men go to are places where women, especially lesbian feminists, would not feel comfortable at. We talk dirty about women, we tell dirty jokes, and we swear and talk about things that women in general would not like. Just like I wouldn't go to a woman's hair salon, it's not my element and I would not be interested in what they discuss.

But hey that's why we're men. I wonder what the male version of a feminist would be? A "masculinist"? It's not even a word, but yet could you imagine what it would be like if a man openly hated women and acted like he was superior to them? These same feminists would be in an uproar! So why is ok for them to behave like that but not for men?

Anyway I wouldn't have refused service to her. Just let her know before hand the environment that she was walking into and go from there.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:22 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
What did the manager do?
Ummmm the Lowes store manger 'let me know' why there was a purse in the sink i thought it was taking a bath, but you know how primitive I am being a man and all. He acted all serious until I stated You Know there was a woman in the mens room right? Then stated if anyone is calling the cops i want to be first, and when they arrive I want to be gone!

I think what really helped me out the most was the woman wanted batteries but for the love of christ i don't know why , and i had about 2 grand in wood and screws to go......

At bike week there was no manager just a bunch of bikers wearing cell phones, who had asked their wives for a few hours off to go out and play. I over hear these kinds of calls and i find it disgusting.

'Hi Honey I am at the wiers now........ Uh uh yeah dear , uh ok I will, Oh I am only going to buy 1 t shirt and a coke with fries, Oh oh ok no fries..........Yup ok I love you too See you before dinner time "

Just makes me wanna puke. 1 I don't own a cell phone so if there is something on my belt it's sharp.
2 it has to be sharp because, i don't open carry. Why give up a nice surprise? 3 My wife counts on I will be armed all the time, and understand what might happen if I am not.

Oh man when she found out i was a lesbian after coming out of the ladies room over bike week, I thought she was gonna blow a gasket laughing so hard. I really like this equal thing now I understand what's it about.

I still suck at getting all emotional though..

Old 08-29-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You wanna be my equal in the boardroom Mac? Let's see who can do the best presentation and who deserves the most money.

Come on.
You could be on..... How much are we talking? What other terms do you have? What will be your presentation? How many years experience do you have in it?

We could trade video I assume, unless you want to come to NH.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:30 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,243,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
This is a double standard, but I don't see the big deal really. I would have cut her hair, but I would let her know that the barber shops that men go to are places where women, especially lesbian feminists, would not feel comfortable at. We talk dirty about women, we tell dirty jokes, and we swear and talk about things that women in general would not like. Just like I wouldn't go to a woman's hair salon, it's not my element and I would not be interested in what they discuss.

But hey that's why we're men. I wonder what the male version of a feminist would be? A "masculinist"? It's not even a word, but yet could you imagine what it would be like if a man openly hated women and acted like he was superior to them? These same feminists would be in an uproar! So why is ok for them to behave like that but not for men?

Anyway I wouldn't have refused service to her. Just let her know before hand the environment that she was walking into and go from there.
You're assuming that such rabble rousers are rational thinkers. These miscreants are trouble makers and do not act nor think rationally. You give one inch, and they take a mile.

LOL.... Heck, he cuts the one's hair, and the next thing he'd know they'd be lining up in herds, and he'd probably be suddenly mandated to install women's lavatories, unisex lavatories... even transgender lavatories.

Forget it. It's a can of worms.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:43 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,697,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
You're assuming that such rabble rousers are rational thinkers. These miscreants are trouble makers and do not act nor think rationally. You give one inch, and they take a mile.

LOL.... Heck, he cuts the one's hair, and the next thing he'd know they'd be lining up in herds, and he'd probably be suddenly mandated to install women's lavatories, unisex lavatories... even transgender lavatories.

Forget it. It's a can of worms.
Well I don't know about that, all I know is that it just doesn't make any sense. It seems like she was just going there to start some kind of trouble. It would be like a straight person going into a gay bar, like why are you there in the first place? It doesn't make any sense.

My cousin is a lesbian feminist, she converted to lesbianism after her ex-boyfriend beat her up all the time. She completely hates men now, even her own family members. I feel sorry for her and understand what she went through was bad, but that gives her no right to treat men like we are beneath her like she does. She regularly goes into stores and restaruants and thinks men are discriminating against her based on no rational reasons. Like if the cashier is a man who is busy and forgets to say "have a nice day" after he checks us out, she assumes he did that on purpose because he hates women or something.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
He is a dishonest businessman.

He gave out the certificate and didn't specify "Men Only". This woman bid on that certificate in good faith.... rightfully assuming she would get the service as advertised. After all.....she is sporting a man's haircut.....a cut that barbers specialize in.

There is no good reason why he couldn't have honored his WORD and cut the hair of whomever presented that certificate.

At the very least, he should have given her the value of the certificate in cash.

That woman spent good money bidding on that certificate and she had every right to get what HE advertised.....what SHE paid for.

What would you do if you bid on, let's say, a pizza.....paid your money and went to collect your prize.....and when you showed up the shop owner said "No pizza for you.....I don't serve men with long hair."?
What would I do? Well let me see...... i will agree she should have received something providing she bought something. It is debatable about her hair cut being a 'mans cut'. In my terms it is a pixie cut not what a nam I would know would like ..

Now at me what i would do may depend. Once It was demanded of me to get a hair cut when i was in high school. A friends dad insisted and gave me the money. I didn't want the hair cut, but i had to respect the friends dad.

Now the barber did a wild butcher job, and left it at that and tool all the money giving me no change. My friends dad was interested in the change when I got back to the house and he spoke openly as to why I used the money for something else and didn't go to where i had been told to go. His son my friend stated i did as i was told.

My friends dad stated for me to get the money back. By chance the next day in the morning the guy that hacked off my hair was driving the school bus.

When the bus stopped at the school and it was my turn dead last to get off that bus i took the butchers hat with me. he chased me down easy enough as i wasn't running and spun me around and i used that momentum and spun him around into a brick column.

This came to the larger than me adversary as something of a wee surprise and he hit me in the mouth and I dropped him like a rock.

While he was down there i told him my friends dad wanted is money back. That butcher paid me, and doncha know he was also a auxiliary cop

In the case of your pizza analogy I would leave and be pleasant, but Then I would come back and loiter around outside looking like this.

And i expect that pizza would be forth coming fairly soon don't you?

Your so called woman is certainly free to take up other means to have her value.

I have thrown out bad customers in a auto repair shops before and when I have i told them all to go tell 10 of the friends so i would not have to bother with anyone them.

I have also refuse service to a guy that wanted to buy a hand gun in a store where i was the counter clerk because he wanted just one bullet.

Oddly here on CD I am told this isn't my Right, but never the less i still say it is, and so far no one has taken me to court. In fact i haven't even been arrested for anything like that yet.

Some females are pushing this equality thing a bit too far.

Some of them just won't take No for the simple answer. As i stated before this is not and never was about a hair cut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies