Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 01:45 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,756,963 times

Advertisements

harry potter really let himself go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 02:01 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You can tell from her comments that she's a bully. Not with her fists but with her words and attitudes.
Like all bullies, she threw a tantrum when someone stood up to her.

It's too bad that her issues from her formative years when she was likely bullied for being different didn't teach her compassion but rather transformed her into a bully herself.

This must be the new thing now----go to businesses you know don't or can't serve you for one reason or another, make a big stink and get money from them. It's extortion but it works so well in our PC society.

It's usually done on small businesses that can't fight back but bullies know that and they use it to their advantage.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:21 PM

945 posts, read 969,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
Woman denied haircut at men’s only barbershop in Westdale | Metro

You know, I really wouldn't care about this if it wasn't for the fact that a HUGE double standard is involved here. First off, a business has the right to refuse service to anyone it chooses.

Second, How many FEMALE ONLY clubs do we see every single day? Female only homeless shelters, female only gyms, female only female only... This is like me walking into a female gym and wondering why the fk they are kicking me out. Just because you have short hair, does not mean you are a man.
Title VII of the Act, codified as Subchapter VI of Chapter 21 of title 42 of the United States Code, prohibits discrimination by covered employers on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin (see 42 U.S.C. § 2000e-2[38]). Title VII applies to and covers an employer "who has fifteen (15) or more employees for each working day in each of twenty or more calendar weeks in the current or preceding calendar year" as written in the Definitions section under 42 U.S.C. §2000e(b). Title VII also prohibits discrimination against an individual because of his or her association with another individual of a particular race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. An employer cannot discriminate against a person because of his interracial association with another, such as by an interracial marriage

How are you just now realizing the double-standard? Thank MLK for further mangling the constitution and the abomination we live in.

However, on a lighter note - I would have shaved her head and gave her the gift certificate back when she requested a refund for a sh*tty haircut

Old 08-29-2013, 02:34 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Title VII of the Act, codified as Subchapter VI of Chapter 21 of title 42 of the United States Code, prohibits discrimination by covered employers on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin (see 42 U.S.C. § 2000e-2[38]). Title VII applies to and covers an employer "who has fifteen (15) or more employees for each working day in each of twenty or more calendar weeks in the current or preceding calendar year" as written in the Definitions section under 42 U.S.C. §2000e(b). Title VII also prohibits discrimination against an individual because of his or her association with another individual of a particular race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. An employer cannot discriminate against a person because of his interracial association with another, such as by an interracial marriage

How are you just now realizing the double-standard? Thank MLK for further mangling the constitution and the abomination we live in.

However, on a lighter note - I would have shaved her head and gave her the gift certificate back when she requested a refund for a sh*tty haircut
This was in Canada.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:50 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
He should have specified on the gift certificate "Men Only".

Since he didn't.....he should have sucked it up and cut her hair or given her the value of the certificate in cash.

As I said before......over the years I have seen many men getting their hair cut in "women's" beauty salons.

Not once did I ever see a beautician or any of the customers have a Whaaaaa hissy fit meltdown and refuse service like this fool did.

Those men were treated like any other valued customer......with courtesy and respect.

I will say it again.....this man behaved like a total ass.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:53 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,467,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I see a couple things wrong with this. First, the woman did win the gift certificate. If it's "men only" it shouldn't have been out there for general consumption. Second, the shop could have honored it while identifying themselves as men only for the future instead of refusing service. Third, the woman could have respected the "men only" tradition of the barbershop and just continued to get her hair cut wherever else she had been going. Finally, people who think "feminist" is something less than noble are IDIOTS.
Well, the pay gap is one of the main feminist issues. It comes from a BLS report. A report which also includes the factors influencing the gap. Factors like seniority, hours, travel, working outdoors, etc. Factors which are not gender. Yet feminists report it as gender inequality.

Sorry, but that's not noble. That's dishonest.

And that's just one issue. There's also the misrepresentation of domestic violence, false rape allegations, imbalance in prison sentencing, selective service, child custody, insurance rates, lesser job requirements, education imbalances, etc. But the feminists who want gender equality only seem to address issues that will benefit women. Wherever women have the advantage, the feminists are strangely silent.

People who let others get away with corruption and dishonesty in their actions just because they like their rhetoric and ideals are the idiots.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

2. When men wore their hair longer......many times I saw men come into the Beauty Salon I went to for a style and cut......and sometimes a perm, back in the day, LOL.....no one batted an eye.
I remember that.

Though I'm guessing all the macho guys on this thread who want to burp and fart and talk about macho man stuff with their macho man barber would not have the self assurance to have done that back in the day.

My DH gets his hair cut by a TOTALLY hot woman. I've seen her. She's a stunning blonde. He's got no desire to be hanging out with the macho knuckle draggers who are talking about guy stuff like transmissions and prostate problems with their male barber when he gets his hair cut. I think he's one smart man.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-29-2013 at 03:03 PM..

Old 08-29-2013, 03:12 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I remember that.

Though I'm guessing all the macho guys on this thread who want to burp and fart and talk about macho man stuff with their macho man barber would not have the self assurance to have done that back in the day.

My DH gets his hair cut by a TOTALLY hot woman. I've seen her. She's a stunning blonde. He's got no desire to be hanging out with the macho knuckle draggers who are talking about guy stuff like transmissions and prostate problems with their male barber when he gets his hair cut. I think he's one smart man.
Not me..... i don't give a damn. Since Spring I have been making myself 'equal' using ladies rooms whether not women are in them. It started at a Lowes in the mens room where in the sink was a big purse and a women was using a stall.

I didn't care about that and when she came out i was still takin' a leak. It might have ended there, but she went to the manager and complained a man was using the mens room and she had left her purse in the sink to 'let men know'.

Ever since I have been using the ladies rooms at will and so far I find no purses in the sinks to let me know.

Over bike week coming out of a single pot ladies room 2 guys looked shocked, and i placed my hand on one of their shoulders and said "it's ok I'm a lesbian!'

I kinda like this equality thing myself. anything to make life interesting.

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 08-29-2013 at 03:26 PM..

Old 08-29-2013, 03:16 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,243,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post

I find it ridiculously absurd that someone is detail-oriented enough to cite United States Code, but didn't even bother to read the article. If they had, they would have known this occurred in Canada.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:23 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Not me..... i don't give a damn. Since Spring I have been making myself 'equal' using ladies rooms whether not women are in them. It started at a Lowes in the mens room where in the sink was a big purse and a women was using a stall.

I didn't care about that and when she came out i was still takin' a leak. It might have ended there, but she went to the manager and complained a man was using the mens room and she had left her purse in the sink to 'let men know'.

Ever since I have been using the ladies rooms at will and so far I find no purses in the sinks to let me know.

Over bike week coming out of a sing;e pot ladies room 2 guys looked shocked, and i placed my hand on one of their shoulders and said "it's ok I'm a lesbian!'

I kinda like this equality thing myself. anything to make life interesting.
What does this have to do with haircuts?

Do you take your pants down or take your "member" out for all to see when you sit in the barber chair?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies