Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these two side-by-side McDonalds would you make a habit of patronizing?
The one with "normal" McDonalds prices and wages 81 56.64%
The one with prices $.50 to $1.00 more than "normal", and paid wages of $15.00/hour 62 43.36%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 09:56 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,754,520 times

Advertisements

the one that paid more would be out of business after a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 12:05 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
I only read 5 pages (that was more than enough), but I have to wonder; what is all the gnashing of teeth over "minimum wage"?
I don't, of course, know anything about where the other posters live, but where I live NOBODY at McDonalds makes $7.25 an hour. The STARTING wage at McD's around here was $9 per hour the last time I saw a "help wanted" poster on the door, more for full-time/late shift/openers or closers.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:24 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,620 times
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I think I agree to some extent, however I think you have it a little backwards. I do not believe, if tomorrow all fast food employees in the country suddenly made $15 / hour, that we'd see any uptick in quality, attentiveness, accuracy, timeliness, etc. from the same people.

I do believe, however, that if an employer in a particular industry were forced to pay $15 / hour for a job that is worth at best $8 / hour, that that employer would HIRE much higher quality staff -- probably bright folks with college degrees, retirees, people like me who wouldn't mind a part-time second job, etc. And there is where your quality would come from. You would be much more discerning in your hiring choices, bypassing the high-school kids, the high-school dropouts, and the dullards.
I totally agree with you; however, college grad or not, you should still probably open up the bag, look inside, and make sure your order is right. Every time I don't to this........sure enough, the order is messed up.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:26 AM

3,022 posts, read 2,275,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Why?

Traditionally, these jobs have been for kids still living with their parents. There should be jobs for kids so they can learn a work ethic early and have some spending money. They don't have to make $15 an hour though.

Wasn't Obama going to create 5 million good jobs for the adults? The only adults I see working at McDonalds can't speak English.
That is what it used to be but with factory jobs leaving these jobs are what are left.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:23 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Which of these two identical, side-by-side McDonalds with equal quality food, service etc. would you make a habit of patronizing?

(a) The one with "normal" McDonalds prices and wages

(b) The one where each food item and drink cost $.50 to $1.00 more than "normal", and paid $15.00/hr?

You didn't think the wages that today's "strikers" are demanding, were going to come for free, did you?
I rarely go to McDonald's anymore. In case you haven't noticed, their prices have been high for quite awhile now so a .50/$1.00 increase isn't going to kill the bank for anyone who frequents that place. Sorry.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:00 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Well, more people would patronize the McD's with normal prices, than would patronize the McD's with higher prices and higher, strike-forced wages.

Actually, the poll doesn't even measure that.

It measures how many CLAIM they would go to the "normal" Macs, vs. how many CLAIM they would go to the higher-priced Macs.

Sounds like the owners of the MacDonalds who caved to the striker's demands, are in trouble. And not from the strikers.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:35 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,885,783 times
As of this time, 62 people state they would pay more for their food so the workers could be paid more. One must assume those 62 are democrats since they told a lie...

Old 09-10-2013, 03:51 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,244,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
what do you drink thats so much better than Charbucks ?
Folgers made at home.....

Old 10-19-2013, 12:07 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
I
I totally agree with you; however, college grad or not, you should still probably open up the bag, look inside, and make sure your order is right. Every time I don't to this........sure enough, the order is messed up.
They usually get mine right. But not every time.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:26 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
Come to think of it, I would go to the one closest to my house!
there are several in town, and the closest one is the only one I go to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies