Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 10:07 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Equality in the work force should be for 100% of the people.
No one should be discriminated against period.
please tell me about 5 story's about gays being discriminated in the work force? and please dont try the whole I was offered by a joke bit..

Also what is the value of this law if their are too few jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 10:10 PM

[quote=natalie469;32124814]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Yes because this is a real issue the affect 100% of people.[/QUOTE]

So are you saying that issues that affect 100% of people should be a priority and minorities issues should be ignored. And you wonder why republicans are losing
...ok how much of any issue is this? how many times is it just someone who cant take a joke?

Unserious people focusing unserious issues.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Actually, I care a lot and I'm not gay. We talk about freedom in america but I guess that only applies to those you think should have this freedom
what affects you more? this or taxes, this or cap and trade, this our school vouchers?

unserious people focusing on unserious issues.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:13 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Quote:
what affects you more? this or taxes, this or cap and trade, this our school vouchers?

Exactly. It's the "hip" cause du jour. I know lots of people like Natalie. It's one of the reasons I know this country is absolutely screwed.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:14 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:

We all have our issues we want addressed. Why are yours more important than someone else's. You think your issue is more important than mine......why is that?

Old 11-06-2013, 10:15 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Exactly. It's the "hip" cause du jour. I know lots of people like Natalie. It's one of the reasons I know this country is absolutely screwed.
You know a lot of people who support rights for everyone....thank you lol

Old 11-06-2013, 10:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
Quote:
please tell me about 5 story's about gays being discriminated in the work force? and please dont try the whole I was offered by a joke bit..

Also what is the value of this law if their are too few jobs?
Ill tell you five like you asked.
1:
Quote:
Housh registered his domestic partnership to obtain from Home Depot health benefits for his partner under the Domestic Relationship Act. Shortly after, Housh claims, upper level management discovered his sexual orientation and initiated an alleged second attempt to remove Housh from the company
Ex-Home Depot Worker Says He Was Fired For Being Gay - Law360

Quote:
Former Belmont University soccer coach was fired in December 2010 after she came out to her soccer team that she is a lesbian and announced that she and her partner were expecting their first child.
Belmont women's soccer coach Lisa Howe wrongly forced to resign - Jeff Pearlman - SI.com

Quote:
Legislative editor of the Georgia General Assembly while still presenting as a man, Glenn Morrison. Glenn was fired in October 2007 for revealing to her supervisor that she planned to transition from male to female.
Vandy Beth Glenn may soon return to work at Ga. General Assembly

Quote:
Sociology professor at Seattle University who is openly a lesbian and writes about sexuality, was originally offered a job as dean of one of Marquette University’s colleges. In May 2010, her offer was rescinded.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/07/ed...tte.html?_r=2&

Finally 5:
Quote:
This case is playing out as we speak. Until April 2012, TerVeer was a management analyst for the Library of Congress.
He claims that he was harassed and fired because of his sexual orientation, and he has filed a discrimination complaint. WJLA reported that he received emails in 2009 from his boss referencing bible passages that speak against homosexuality, and that “he stated that as a homosexual I could never succeed because it was against God’s law.”
The trouble apparently all started when TerVeer “liked” a page on Facebook called Two Dads.
Former Employee Says Library of Congress Ousted Him Because He Was Gay | Video | TheBlaze.com

As you can see these gay, Lesbian and Transgender employees got the short hand of stick for just being who they are.
So what Governor McAuliffe did is a step in right direction in the start of cleaning up the mess previous governor left.
If it not already shared tomorrow I plan to share how a fortune 500 company plans to take similar measure sine Boehner refuses to let the house vote on ENDA.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-06-2013 at 10:54 PM..

Old 11-06-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We all have our issues we want addressed. Why are yours more important than someone else's. You think your issue is more important than mine......why is that?
well you are aware there is this thing called prioritization.

The cost of gas effects you the same if you are gay or straight
Property taxes affect you the same if you are gay or straight.
Border security affects you the same if you are gay or straight.
The creation of great paying jobs affects you the same if you are gay or straight.
The right to keep and bear arms affects your the same if you are gay or straight.

These issues or way more important..why? because they effect us all..And to a far bigger degree.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Ill tell you five like you asked.
1:Ex-Home Depot Worker Says He Was Fired For Being Gay - Law360

2. Belmont women's soccer coach Lisa Howe wrongly forced to resign - Jeff Pearlman - SI.com

3. Vandy Beth Glenn may soon return to work at Ga. General Assembly

4. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/07/ed...tte.html?_r=2&

Finally 5:
Former Employee Says Library of Congress Ousted Him Because He Was Gay | Video | TheBlaze.com

As you can see these gay, Lesbian and Transgender employees got the short hand of stick for just being who they are.
So what Governor McAuliffe did is a step in right direction in the start of cleaning up the mess previous governor left.
If it not already shared tomorrow I plan to share how a fortune 500 company plans to take similar measure sine Boehner refuses to let the house vote on ENDA.
Yes it a major crisis..but then again when your flag ship law crashes and burns epicly, well I would change the subject and focus on non issues.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
So when is your side with pot(which i support BTW) its nobel and just, but when its us fighting against this law upheld by a Kangaroo Supreme Court..we are the bad guys...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies