Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2013, 05:15 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

Yes, judged incompetent by legislators and government executives who then pass regulatory laws denying them the right to vote.
If you want to argue that an 8 year old or 12 year old is competent for legal purposes, you are welcome to try bringing that argument in a legal setting.

It isn't just a smoke screen, it HAS been litigated. Further, it's actually true, objectively.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:21 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I suspect you are using a false equivalency, because I have not argued many points in my discussion here.

I think it's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to use the U.S. Constitution to argue against gay marriage. Arguing on "tradition" is silly and ineffective because that's irrelevant to the Constitution. If you want to make a common good argument, then go right ahead, but that's highly debatable as to its validity.
No, you have no consistent argument based on the Constitution. I keep pointing that out and you keep pretending you do. You have to MAKE one, first.

Isn't it funny, that you're now making something up to make this personal. I have stated ONLY that I am on one side of an argument, but as of yet, haven't stated ANY argument of my own, merely pointed out that nobody has a consistent argument. There is NO constitutional issue involved in gay marriage, either to require or forbid it. It isn't a matter of rights, either, since marriage is not an individual right.

Funny how you assume certain things, and then make up arguments as if they were true.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:54 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Google is free & easy to use!

Sodomy /ˈsɒdəmi/ is generally anal sex, oral sex or sexual activity between a person and a non-human animal (bestiality), but may also include any non-procreative sexual activity.Originally, the term sodomy was usually restricted to anal sex,and is derived from the story of Sodom and Gomorrah in chapters 18 and 19 of the Book of Genesis in the Bible.Sodomy laws in many countries criminalized not only these behaviors, but other disfavored sexual activities as well.In the Western world, however, many of these laws have been overturned or are not routinely enforced.
Sure, The gays are working overtime to get sexual deviancy in an acceptable light. It is what it is at the core of it. It is a sexual relationship between two same sex people.. as I said before. A man can love another man , a woman can love another woman , but when it crosses the line into a sexual relationship it is deviant behavior.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Exactly, women were chattel, they were property to be disposed of at will, to be raped when desired and abused without rebuttal. The bible was written by "MEN" to subjugate those they felt were inferior.
The bible tells the truth about sinful man.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No, Sodom comes from the Hebrew word Cedom, which means to scorch. Has absolutely no sexual connotation at all, and didn't for thousands of years.

Inhospitality was the crime of Sodom. It's been that way forever.

Ezekiel 16:49 "'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

Stop making Christians look ridiculous. You're doing no one a service with your posts.
What a stetch.. is that what the gays are doing now.. perverting the word of God too?

Old 11-15-2013, 06:00 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What a stetch.. is that what the gays are doing now.. perverting the word of God too?
What god?

Old 11-15-2013, 06:22 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Live your own life .. don't push your agenda on the government and society.
Keep your own religion.. don't push your god on the government and society.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Keep your own religion.. don't push your god on the government and society.
This country was founded on moral principles. Are you saying all unreligious people are immoral and should be. Even mainstream Americans know right from wrong. Their morals do not accept homosexuality as normal or acceptable in society.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:31 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Marriage is for man and a woman. God created woman for man. It is written.
One fish two fish, red fish blue fish... it is written.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:34 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
This country was founded on moral principles. Are you saying all unreligious people are immoral and should be. Even mainstream Americans know right from wrong. Their morals do not accept homosexuality as normal or acceptable in society.

Yes it was. However; there is separation of church and state in this country. As a person who does have faith, I sure as Hell don't want someone elses twisted interpretation of their religion influencing the politics in this country. Here is a thought. How about you worry about your own morality and getting right with God yourself instead of worrying about what others do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies