Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 10:42 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,870 times

Advertisements

[quote=nononsenseguy;32278261]I thought we had moved away from this some time ago, until Obama was elected and claims of racism were everywhere. Even to criticize his extreme Leftist policies is viewed as "racism" by the Left.

If I supported Herman Cain (which I did) I was still a "racist" for not supporting Obama! Of course to blacks, Herman Cain is an "Uncle Tom."

As another example, the shooting of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman in self defense was blamed on Zimmermans "racisim." I guess he was just to let Martin kill him (which he surely would have done).
It was Eric Holder who sent his lackeys to Florida to stir up the "racist" issue in that case, after the police had already determined the shooting was indeed, self defense.

Obama is to blame for the way things are. He has taken us back about 70 years. Even Oprah is claiming racism is a problem again.

And what about these black thugs that are involved in this "game" of "Knock Out?" Are we to simply ignore this? Is it "racist" to think these young thugs should be in jail?[/QUOTE]

It isn't exclusive to black kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
the whole world does this. Why are you just picking on America?
Because it's true country where I live.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
It's not even really about skin color usually. It's more about perceived culture within the same skin color. Most Japanese think of themselves as superior compared to other Asians (Chinese, Koreans, Filipinos, ect), and and most African blacks don't think too highly of American blacks.

Many people right here on CD are labeled as racist when they make negative comments regarding a certain segment of a particular race. Don't know how many times I've been labeled a racist for making a comment regarding, for instance, thug behavior and violent crime amongst inner city blacks. Of course, to a liberal that means I dislike all black people.

Racism, and claims thereof, keep the world turning. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.
That's most likely your fault. There are ways to talk about those issues without sounding racist.

You are most likely are saying racist things if that's how people perceive the things you're saying. It may be unintentional or intentional.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:18 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Anyway, racial harmony isn't important to me.
It isn't important for the Democrat Party either.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:09 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
It isn't important for the Democrat Party either.
Why should it be? It's not an important issue.

Why do we need racial harmony? You (generic "you"....not you personally) don't like me because of my race...FINE! You walk on your side of the sidewalk and i'll walk on mine and we'd do well not to bump shoulders. How hard can that be?

That's all the harmony we need.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:58 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Quote:
Will America ever move past skin color and generalizations?
The DemoKKKrats would never allow it.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:32 PM

8 posts, read 9,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
It's not even really about skin color usually. It's more about perceived culture within the same skin color. Most Japanese think of themselves as superior compared to other Asians (Chinese, Koreans, Filipinos, ect), and and most African blacks don't think too highly of American blacks.

Many people right here on CD are labeled as racist when they make negative comments regarding a certain segment of a particular race. Don't know how many times I've been labeled a racist for making a comment regarding, for instance, thug behavior and violent crime amongst inner city blacks. Of course, to a liberal that means I dislike all black people.

Racism, and claims thereof, keep the world turning. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.
When's the last time you talk to or polled a billion Africans to find how they feel about African-Americans? Like to see those poll results and the methodology you used?

Old 11-20-2013, 01:06 PM

36 posts, read 34,592 times
I see there's a lot of twisted minds up here, who call themselves social conservatives or have such leanings. Like for someone to answer these questions honestly, whom ever calls themselves conservative. Were the slave masters conservative or liberal? Was the the antebellum South conservative or liberal? Were the founding fathers after boldly declaring all men were created equal and endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights before the world, but still kept human beings of African descent in slavery and who’s' successive government administrations, pursued as governmental policy, genocide against the native population; conservative or liberal? Answer these questions for me, then I'll know what you are; conservative or liberal.

Last edited by TruthSojourn; 11-20-2013 at 01:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies