Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 12:30 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You are making an assumption that A&E would have done something? If you are correct, then why did A&E wait until glaad had to say something?

That's the entire point....glaad was mad, and made sure something happened to phil because he said something.
I wasn't in that boardroom when A&E made the decision so I can only speculate. I am sure A&E was more concerned with their brand than they were with GLAAD.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:32 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I wasn't in that boardroom when A&E made the decision so I can only speculate. I am sure A&E was more concerned with their brand than they were with GLAAD.
Their brand has taken quite a beating since they made their intolerant and hate-driven decision to fire Phil Robertson.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Their brand has taken quite a beating since they made their intolerant and hate-driven decision to fire Phil Robertson.
Then that is A&E's problem as a private company. Still not sure why you are angry at some random group, I am guessing you are upset that this could mean the end to your favorite show, but I can only speculate.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
o a group that brings attention to hate groups is a hate group because they attacked a group that is labeled a hate group because of their hate group actions....yeah, Harrier makes no sense.
The AFA does not engage in "hate group actions".

You have constructed a circular argument simply because the SPLC(a hate group) has labeled the AFA a "hate group".

GLAAD hates anyone who doesn't believe in their narrow minded view of the world.

GLAAD is a hate group.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
The AFA does not engage in "hate group actions".

You have constructed a circular argument simply because the SPLC(a hate group) has labeled the AFA a "hate group".

GLAAD hates anyone who doesn't believe in their narrow minded view of the world.

GLAAD is a hate group.
Well that is good to know, when I need to know who is a hate group, I will remember to check the Harrier list of Hate Groups.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Then that is A&E's problem as a private company. Still not sure why you are angry at some random group, I am guessing you are upset that this could mean the end to your favorite show, but I can only speculate.
Harrier rarely watches television(he doesn't own a TV) and he has never seen even a single episode of Duck Dynasty.

Harrier had never even heard of the show until this GLAAD manufactured controversy became national news.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Well that is good to know, when I need to know who is a hate group, I will remember to check the Harrier list of Hate Groups.
That is a good plan!

Old 12-27-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Harrier rarely watches television(he doesn't own a TV) and he has never seen even a single episode of Duck Dynasty.

Harrier had never even heard of the show until this GLAAD manufactured controversy became national news.
Then why is Harrier so concerned about something he admits he doesn't watch or care about? Would Harrier have known if they canceled this show if it wasn't mentioned on a right wing site?

Old 12-27-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Then why is Harrier so concerned about something he admits he doesn't watch or care about? Would Harrier have known if they canceled this show if it wasn't mentioned on a right wing site?
It has nothing to do with the show.

Harrier is concerned because GLAAD is trying to suppress dissent as expressed by an American citizen.

Harrier didn't hear about this on a "right wing" site - he was able to read about it in the Los Angeles Times.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
It has nothing to do with the show.

Harrier is concerned because GLAAD is trying to suppress dissent as expressed by an American citizen.

Harrier didn't hear about this on a "right wing" site - he read about it in the Los Angeles Times.
So Harrier is showing faux outrage over an issue he doesn't really care about. Maybe if Harrier watched the show and wrote letters to A&E, they would reverse their decision for Harrier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies