Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 07:32 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,780,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
According to the NRA, if criminals know guns are there, they will stay away. Right.
We've had how many THOUSANDS of shootings in shopping malls, schools, post offices, and other supposed "gun free zones"... and now ONE shooting in a gun store?

Sounds like the criminals are doing just what the NRA predicted.

Thanks, Grsz11, for pointing out the truth of the statement, that far fewer crimes take place in areas where law-abiding citizens can be expected to carry guns!

Right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 07:38 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
The only thing this tells me is that violent criminals need to be put down like rabid dogs.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:36 AM

131 posts, read 224,275 times
Quote:
Incident leaves gun shop owner dead, another person injured | www.wpxi.com The owner of a gun shop was shot and killed in his business.

Of all the places, I thought we were suppose to believe that gun owners protect themselves and those who aren't are victims waiting to get killed. According to the NRA, if criminals know guns are there, they will stay away. I thought the only solution was a food guy with a gun. Right.
The guns in gun stores aren't kept loaded. Some places keep a loaded gun available in case of a robbery attempt. Some don't. Have you ever been in a gun store? Great post. Thanks for wasting everyone's time with another load of lib spew.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:40 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
I just posted, you discuss, that's how this works. Or do I need to make some outrageous political statement to get your attention? I guess that's how it works here, no coherent conversation, just partisan whining.
The OP lacks meaning and credibility. Its the one size fits all collectivist approach that some progressives have. It happened to one person so we'll apply it to every incidence mentality.
And the best part is the partisan comment right after calling out republicans about a gun issue. LMAO priceless absolutely priceless

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 01-01-2014 at 09:07 AM..

Old 01-01-2014, 08:45 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,940,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
We've had how many THOUSANDS of shootings in shopping malls, schools, post offices, and other supposed "gun free zones"... and now ONE shooting in a gun store?
Maybe we should turn our schools into gun shops.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:53 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,094,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The OP lacks meaning and credibility. Its the one size fits all collectivist approach that some progressives have. It happened to one person so we'll apply it to every incidence mentality.
And the best part is the partisan comment right after calling out republicans about a gun issue. LMAO priceless absolutely priceless
Actually you have proven my point. I originally posted just the article with no comments to see what people thought, but only got responses when I added some political nonsense. I honestly don't care about the story, but I know now it is impossible for you people to talk coherently like adults unless you are all fired up.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:08 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Actually you have proven my point. I originally posted just the article with no commentsto see what people thought, but only got responses when I added some political nonsense.
So less than an hour later because no one posted a response which Im guessing because you just had a link and no comment you decided to give it legs?
Did you think since you had no comment posters thought if the OP doesn't care to add anything but a link on a discussion forum why should it get a response? I applaud them.

Of all the places, I thought we were suppose to believe that gun owners protect themselves and those who aren't are victims waiting to get killed. According to the NRA, if criminals know guns are there, they will stay away. I thought the only solution was a food guy with a gun. Right.

that is your comment. If it wasn't why give it credence by having it as the ONLY comment?

Quote:
I honestly don't care about the story, but I know now it is impossible for you people to talk coherently like adults unless you are all fired up.
LMAO Again "you people". Anyone without a twisted agenda knows gun control is a dem policy.
And saying that after YOU had the gal to post "Of all the places, I thought we were suppose to believe that gun owners protect themselves and those who aren't are victims waiting to get killed. According to the NRA,

If you think that is part of the republican mantra you haven't been paying attention. THAT is exactly what comes from the dems side. Since when do the dems side with the NRA? Do some dems disagree with your OP, sure they do not all of them are lemmings but it is an agenda the dems side pushes. Course I could have missed the plethora of support in the media from the Reps supporting gun control.

Nice try on wanting to teach "you people" something.

I honestly dont care about the story
Yet you start a thread on it? I can't make this stuff up.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 01-01-2014 at 10:17 AM..

Old 01-01-2014, 10:15 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,045,301 times
Quote:
Incident leaves gun shop owner dead, another person injured | www.wpxi.com The owner of a gun shop was shot and killed in his business.

There are no absolutes.

You are generally more safe when a criminal thinks his intended target is armed.

This is not an NRA or right-wing talking point.....there have been many discussions with criminals in prison who almost to a man admit that they are far less likely to invade a home if they think the homeowner is armed.

But you can gleefully ignore reality and blame the NRA.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:23 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:

Too bad he didn't have a gun to protect himself. Oh, wait . . . . . .

Old 01-01-2014, 10:27 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,094,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So less than an hour later because no one posted a response which Im guessing because you just had a link and no comment you decided to give it legs?
Did you think since you had no comment posters thought if the OP doesn't care to add anything but a link on a discussion forum why should it get a response? I applaud them.

that is your comment. If it wasn't why give it credence by having it as the ONLY comment?

LMAO Again "you people". Anyone without a twisted agenda knows gun control is a dem policy.
And saying that after YOU had the gal to post "Of all the places, I thought we were suppose to believe that gun owners protect themselves and those who aren't are victims waiting to get killed. According to the NRA,

If you think that is part of the republican mantra you haven't been paying attention. THAT is exactly what comes from the dems side. Since when do the dems side with the NRA? Do some dems disagree with your OP, sure they do not all of them are lemmings but it is an agenda the dems side pushes. Course I could have missed the plethora of support in the media from the Reps supporting gun control.

Nice try on wanting to teach "you people" something.

I honestly dont care about the story
Yet you start a thread on it? I can't make this stuff up.
You people = the people that post here, on both sides. The point of adding that comment later, which I really don't feel strongly about, was to see if more people would respond with anger afterwards, and I was entirely right, just look at you all fired up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies