Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 10:31 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Of all the places, I thought we were suppose to believe that gun owners protect themselves and those who aren't are victims waiting to get killed.
At every gun store I've been to, every employee is open carrying. There's no confusion about who's armed, and no question that those guns are loaded. Only a pure idiot would attempt the robbery of a gun store while they're open. That said, there are some pure idiots out there, and you do occasionally hear about someone trying. It's exceptionally rare that they succeed. You found one such instance. Big deal. Try to find three more (good luck with that).

These links demonstrate what usually happens when one of these low-IQ types tries it...

Man armed with bat and knife attempts to rob a gun store - CNN.com

Business | Man Killed In Robbery Attempt | Seattle Times Newspaper

Armed Robber Shot Dead by Indy Gun Store Clerk - Guns & Ammo

Gun store robbery Fail - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 10:36 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
You people = the people that post here, on both sides. The point of adding that comment later, which I really don't feel strongly about, was to see if more people would respond with anger afterwards, and I was entirely right, just look at you all fired up.
awesome yet again "just look at you all fired up."
Yea,
Better if people didn't care and get mad right? Go along to get along!!!Are you part of "you people". The very same ones you, being Mr Helper, want to "teach a lesson too"? You still don't get it.

But it's good to see you admit your agenda was too troll and not have a discussion.People responded when you made a comment because you had an opinion. That's how it works on a discussion forum. Posters at c-d as well as the administration want to see this so you wont see much respect and may see a OP deleted when there is no comment, just a link. Especially when you admit you didn't care about your OP and just wanted to see a response. To me it's like trolling.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:38 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
At every gun store I've been to, every employee is open carrying. There's no confusion about who's armed, and no question that those guns are loaded. Only a pure idiot would attempt the robbery of a gun store while they're open. That said, there are some pure idiots out there, and you do occasionally hear about someone trying. It's exceptionally rare that they succeed. You found one such instance. Big deal. Try to find three more (good luck with that).

These links demonstrate what usually happens when one of these low-IQ types tries it...

Man armed with bat and knife attempts to rob a gun store - CNN.com

Business | Man Killed In Robbery Attempt | Seattle Times Newspaper

Armed Robber Shot Dead by Indy Gun Store Clerk - Guns & Ammo

Gun store robbery Fail - YouTube
You would have to be an idiot, or come in guns blazing. That would probably be pretty effective as well.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:40 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Lewis Carroll couldn't come up with a more bizarre world than that where liberal gun grabbers live. Crime can happen anywhere, everyone but a loony liberal knows that, armed law abiding citizens reduce and often prevent crime which has been proven many times but never accepted by the loons. Only gun grabbers see guns as magic objects that kill people on their own and are somehow supposed to magically stop all crime at the same time.

It's not as if people go into gun shops to rob them every day, here's one other incident where the robber was killed by an armed employee (shocking and sad to liberals I'm sure) Business | Man Killed In Robbery Attempt | Seattle Times Newspaper it was only 23 years ago. How often do shootings happen in 'gun free zones' again?

Old 01-01-2014, 10:40 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Incident leaves gun shop owner dead, another person injured | www.wpxi.com The owner of a gun shop was shot and killed in his business.

Of all the places, I thought we were suppose to believe that gun owners protect themselves and those who aren't are victims waiting to get killed. According to the NRA, if criminals know guns are there, they will stay away. I thought the only solution was a food guy with a gun. Right.

from your statement, I would guess you are the type that thinks women should just call 911 when confronted by a rapist.

better to have a woman standing over the dead body of their attempted rapist, than to lay on the floor dead strangled by their own pantyhose.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:06 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
from your statement, I would guess you are the type that thinks women should just call 911 when confronted by a rapist.

better to have a woman standing over the dead body of their attempted rapist, than to lay on the floor dead strangled by their own pantyhose.
Yeah. Because a woman that owns a gun will never be raped or killed. Yep.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:24 AM

591 posts, read 926,172 times
Simple solution, get rid of guns. Look at Europe!

Old 01-01-2014, 01:00 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Did we say that?

She might, but with a firearm she can generate maximum force to defend herself.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:03 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
Simple solution, get rid of guns. Look at Europe!

NationMaster - Crime stats: United Kingdom vs United States

yeah we still have a lower violent crime rate..

Old 01-01-2014, 01:06 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

no, because a woman who has a firearm has a better chance at defending themselves than a woman who has nothing at all.

better to have a firearm and not need it, then to need a firearm and not have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies