Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 04:58 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
To what?
To your assertations....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko
Dumb question.. Because guns go off by themselves an guns turn law abiding people, teachers included, into murders. If we allow teacher to carry guns, then gun violence in schools will increase because teachers will start shooting trouble making students.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 05:00 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Incident leaves gun shop owner dead, another person injured | www.wpxi.com The owner of a gun shop was shot and killed in his business.

Of all the places, I thought we were suppose to believe that gun owners protect themselves and those who aren't are victims waiting to get killed. According to the NRA, if criminals know guns are there, they will stay away. I thought the only solution was a food guy with a gun. Right.
So you went from above to below....

Quote:
UPDATE on this story...the perp went to extort the victim and took his gun from behind the counter. People are just crazy, and there really isn't anything we can do about it. That's the f***ed up part.
Yet you were not trying to start anything with the people who own guns...

Old 01-03-2014, 05:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
I just posted, you discuss, that's how this works. Or do I need to make some outrageous political statement to get your attention? I guess that's how it works here, no coherent conversation, just partisan whining.
I think you made your political statement and made it very clear. What did you expect from your posting, everyone to agree with you. You opened the discussion, now others are voicing their opinions. People can be shot regardless. The point NRA and others are trying to make: it is less likely criminals are going to choose someplace where guns are available to commit crimes, it is not any guarantee it won't happen. Most criminals are pretty stupid if you ask me.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:48 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
We've had how many THOUSANDS of shootings in shopping malls, schools, post offices, and other supposed "gun free zones"... and now ONE shooting in a gun store?
There have been shootings in police stations and military bases too. You can ambush anybody with the element of surprise.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:40 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,096,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
and suddenly a glimmer of hope arises....

Your above statement is correct, so exactly what will banning or restricting guns do? We will always be at the mercy of crazy people who's intent is to do harm, and there is nothing we can do about it.
I never said anything about banning guns.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:54 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
Not a problem, we are going to get a do-over. This time, we are going to go into a convenience store late at night and accidentally on purpose, shoot the bejeezus out of the guy with the hoodie robbing the place.....what's that? Oh, never mind, we have that covered on YouTube....

Check it....

Top 10 robbers shot - YouTube

As usual, some ******* tries to win the psychological super bowl on one victory....as you can clearly see, having a gun can come in damn handy sometimes......care to comment?

Old 01-05-2014, 02:32 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Dumb question.. Because guns go off by themselves an guns turn law abiding people, teachers included, into murders. If we allow teacher to carry guns, then gun violence in schools will increase because teachers will start shooting trouble making students.
Guns go off by themselves? I was unaware of that and I've owned guns for over 50 years... I'm trying an experiment now. I have a gun sitting on a chair. I am waiting to see if it will go off by itself. I have tried this experiment before and after a week I gave up. I just couldn't get it to go off on its own. Teachers will start shooting trouble making students? Really? LMAO.... You sure don't give teachers much credit do you....

Old 01-08-2014, 06:14 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
If you read newspapers and/or watch foreign news than you can see how many people get killed in Countries like Holland, etc, where a NO GUN policy is and no gun stores so anybody who makes these weird statements are not very well informed and they live in LaLaLand!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies