Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 10:01 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Everyone. Country music is America's music. Bluegrass as well. Those are the only genre's of music truly native to America. And that genre is shared amongst both political parties, believe it or not.
Rock, folk, and hip hop aren't forms of music to you?

I grew up in the deep South where country was king. I have yet to hear a country or bluegrass song that doesn't make me want to change the radio station. The only subgenres of country that does it for me is rockabilly or acts that blur the country-folk-rock lines (like Neil Young).

To flip it around, why don't most Republicans listen to hip hop and rap? I listen to that genre extensively (and not artists who glorify sex, drugs, violence, and abusing women - though that certainly has a place in the genre unfortunately) and I'm a white, well-educated, young woman who happens to skew liberal.

Let's trade! You listen to some Atmosphere, Brother Ali, and Sage Francis and give me some country acts to give a try.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies