Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2014, 12:08 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,137,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I guess you didn't read my post. Mooch should be encouraging kids to get outside and run around instead of listening to Tom Vilsack who is a child hater and monsanto shill and should be in jail.
She does exactly that with her "Let's Move" campaign, so what are you complaining about?
I swear, if she encouraged breathing, you'd asphyxiate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 12:14 AM

259 posts, read 151,537 times
That's a great idea. You're from Chicago. Do you know anybody that could get Michelle to start a Lets breath campaign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
She does exactly that with her "Let's Move" campaign, so what are you complaining about?
I swear, if she encouraged breathing, you'd asphyxiate.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:35 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,168,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Do you really think one meal heals the child? Why are you only worried that the child gets one free meal?
If you were hungry and someone offered you one meal - or no meals, which would you prefer? I don't get the point of your question.

Why are you trying to put words in my mouth and tell me what else I should be concerned about? And what makes you think that is all I am worried about? In the context of this thread lunch was the subject. That is what I am commenting on.

Why can't my statement that "a hungry child at lunchtime at school should be fed" be accepted as it is?
Do you disagree that a hungry child should be given food?

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 03-09-2014 at 07:44 AM..

Old 03-09-2014, 08:08 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
How f'ing hard is it to go to a farmers market? What are you talking about. You go or you don't. Or do you wan't to mandate folks to farmers markets where the FDA will then come in and F everybody over? My Lord. There is nothing stopping "poor" people from going to a farmers market...........if anything they should or talk to some of these "farmers" and ask if they need help growing their food. What are you even blathering about? Growing your own food is a wonderful thing.
KUchief what the F are you talking about, quit typing away and not reading what I was saying! Man, people like you who get on a roll and misunderstand what was said, I was saying exactly what you so rudely accused me of not saying!

Do you go to the farmers market and see others spending EBT cards. Now the question isn't if they can go I'm asking do you see them there, I personally don't see them it's more the people who care what they eat who attend not a bunch of poor people.

For this program to be said the poor spend money and it goes back to the farmer like the farmer is making money, when his taxes goes to pay for the farm bill.

Quote:
Oh wait you want others to pay for them to go........never mind.
Blather on since you are doing so well!:smack Read better next time!

Old 03-09-2014, 08:11 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberal01 View Post
I was always amazed with number of obese Midwesterners. Could this be a reason why?
I'm amazed at the ignorance in this thread.....Posts like this above could be why!

Old 03-09-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
For pity's sake! I'm not talking about school lunch personnel going to a farmer's market and buying supplies. I'm talking about giving farmers a market for the corn, soybeans, hay (as cattle feed), etc that they grow!

I understand that food stamps can be used at farmer's markets. Since it'shard to tell who is poor and who isn't at a farmer's market, I have no idea how many are patronizing them.

If you don't think farmers get subsidies from the govt, you have another think coming. It's late and I'm going to bed. If this thread is still active tomorrow, I'll post some info.
I doubt the "little farmer" gets any Why yes they get subsidies to grow food for the poor who don't like most of whats good for them. Wonder how many poor people eat Rugula our President seems to think this is the salad of the American people.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
If you were hungry and someone offered you one meal - or no meals, which would you prefer? I don't get the point of your question.
In America this is were child welfare steps in.

Quote:
Why are you trying to put words in my mouth and tell me what else I should be concerned about? And what makes you think that is all I am worried about? In the context of this thread lunch was the subject. That is what I am commenting on.
You seem to be more worried that a child gets one meal at school, if the child is only getting one meal at school something is wrong at home. Is this to hard to consider?

Quote:
Why can't my statement that "a hungry child at lunchtime at school should be fed" be accepted as it is?
Because, if a child is eating once a day in America more is going on in the home that should be addressed. One of my sons was always hungry even when he ate 30 minutes ago, what's your point on "hungry child" how do you know these kids are only getting one meal a day?
Quote:
Do you disagree that a hungry child should be given food?
I agree that EVERY parent should do all they can to feed their children. I did it with mine and my mom feed 5 of us on 1 person's salary, if she could do it, these others can as well.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:30 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,463,013 times
If they really cared for health in schools, they would only give veggies and fruits. With water. Nothing else. Most kids throw their free lunch away. Go to any elementary lunchroom and observe. You can even make a documentary about it.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
The school lunch program is dominated by three multinationals: Aramark, Compass Group, and Sodexo.
The USDA buys food in bulk. They don't buy from the small guy.

The school lunch program has turned into just as lucrative a business as the testing industry has.
All dominated by big corporate interests that have a lock on the system.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:47 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Anyone ever wonder why a 2 liter soda costs ..99 cents...and a 16 oz bottle of water is $1.99.....

If the parents don't take responsibility.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies