Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: how long
5 years 15 36.59%
10 years 5 12.20%
20 years 2 4.88%
never......the party will just fade out of existance the same way other political parties in our short history have 19 46.34%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 01:55 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
I disagree. If you care more about the financial well being of this country than the environment, then we are doomed as a species. Issues regarding Off shore drilling, nuclear power plants, recycling etc should be no brainier issues in the first world, but unfortunately the bottom line seems to matter more than the future of our planet to some.
Sorry, I thought I said CO2, not offshore drilling or recycling, etc. Might want to go back and read what I typed again CO2 is not a pollutant, mercury is.

Old 03-09-2014, 03:42 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Sorry, I thought I said CO2, not offshore drilling or recycling, etc. Might want to go back and read what I typed again CO2 is not a pollutant, mercury is.
If you vote republican, that's what your supporting. Actions speak louder than words guy.

Also, Co2 is a pollutant. Not only is it a green house gas, but it's also toxic genius. I think you should go breath into a paper bag for a few minutes and test the "theory."

Old 03-09-2014, 04:06 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
If you vote republican, that's what your supporting. Actions speak louder than words guy.

Also, Co2 is a pollutant. Not only is it a green house gas, but it's also toxic genius. I think you should go breath into a paper bag for a few minutes and test the "theory."

No, it is an asphyxiant. Not classified as toxic. Do you think nitrogen is toxic also? It makes up 78% of the air we breathe. Water is also toxic. Stick your head under water for 15 minutes and then get back with me.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:19 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
I think the American people have spoken on how they feel about the Republican party! Who is in the White House? "TWICE"?

Old 03-09-2014, 04:23 AM

278 posts, read 277,446 times
Quote:
At some point it will be impossible for a candidate with conservative social views to get elected into office in this country. When considering that most young people in this country hold progressive social views regardless of their fiscal views, it's only a matter of time before this happens. How long do you think it will take before we start to see major changes in the republican party regarding social views?
"If you aren't a liberal by the time you're 20 you don't have a heart, If you aren't a conservative by the time you're 30 you don't have a brain"

I was a big time liberal up until 27 years old and I voted for Obama in 2008. Now when I consider American politics and the USA socially: I am more in line with Republican values. This change occurred when I began travelling the globe and realized American decadence is an extreme and I started considering what world I want my future children to grow up in.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:46 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No, it is an asphyxiant. Not classified as toxic. Do you think nitrogen is toxic also? It makes up 78% of the air we breathe. Water is also toxic. Stick your head under water for 15 minutes and then get back with me.
CO2 is toxic because of the hydrogen ions in co2. If CO2 builds up, so does the concentration of hydrogen ions in the body. This causes the bodies ph levels to drop to unsafe levels. This drop in ph can change the structure of important enzymes in the body that we can't live without.

And yes nitrogen in it's pure form is toxic. Have you never heard of nitrogen poisoning?

Old 03-09-2014, 06:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
“Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.”
― Winston Churchill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Got a hunch the definition of conservatism that Churchill knew isn't that today. At least in the US.

The older I get the more conservative I have gotten.

When I was still young I wanted someone to take care of me. As I have aged, I see with that care, comes a lot of control and less individual freedom.

I would say, that Ron Paul opened a lot of liberal eyes to what all politicians do, not just the opposite political party.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:17 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
CO2 is toxic because of the hydrogen ions in co2. If CO2 builds up, so does the concentration of hydrogen ions in the body. This causes the bodies ph levels to drop to unsafe levels. This drop in ph can change the structure of important enzymes in the body that we can't live without.

And yes nitrogen in it's pure form is toxic. Have you never heard of nitrogen poisoning?
Everything is toxic by your definition.

There are Material Safety Data sheets for pretty much every gas on the planet CO2 is classified as non-toxic and non-flammable class 2.2 by the Department of Transportation.

Nitrogen is toxic. That is funny as hell.

A list of known toxic gases, ya ain't gonna find nitrogen or CO2 on it:

http://www.ehs.washington.edu/fsohazmat/toxicgaslst.pdf

Last edited by whogo; 03-09-2014 at 06:32 AM..

Old 03-09-2014, 07:23 AM

2,490 posts, read 2,546,425 times
Itd be nice to see both parties social views come closer together so that they could be engaged more based on fiscal policy rather than social policy as well. Its not easy making a decision when youre limited to two sides of the coin that have any electability. One you applaud soicially, but dont agree with fiscally and vice versa. It nmight be easy for some of you to say one is more important than the other, but how do i enjoy fiscal freedom without personal freedom? How can good fiscal come into play without decent social policy? And btw I feel both sides are getting it wrong in both areas, just more in tune with aspects of one or the other issue.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:32 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Why should we back off? The country is made up of more conservative thinking people (more people describe themselves as conservative) than liberals.

Progressivism is what is destroying Liberty. Progressivism is the enemy of Liberty, and the enemy of America.

I think if you listen to Sarah Palin's CPAC 2014 speech, you'll know why your premise is wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oO6C5UwwJTA#t=29 7
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies